Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Today is going to be a coronavirus planning sort of day!

I need to hurry up and get a policy in place to hand out to parents at home time today. I want to be clear on exclusion, compulsory closure and fees before it's up for discussion.

As it looks like we won't be covered by any government financial support, I need to be clear that I will still be charging fees if I am available to work.

In other news, it's a lovely sunny day and I'm planning a trip to the park to blow away the cobwebs. A run round with excited children will be a welcome break from talk about viruses and money. We'll find a quiet area and play happily in our own little bubble

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning its looking for be a nice day here too.

I only have the morning school run no afternoon so no clock watching

I think a long nature walk is needed. Cant see many people being out

Im talking to all my parents separately the downsides of tailor made contracts to each one. But luckily they are being quite realistic about the situation. Like one mum said if she has to work from home and schools shut she will send to her me if im open as she will need to work
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Done mine mouse but printers not working so parents will get it Monday.Is anyone asking parents to use sanitiser for them and children before coming in your house?

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im sending them up to wash their hands. Saving the hand sanitizer for when we absolutely need it - no sinks etc.

I prefer to do it myself instead of relying on parents
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Please can anyone share their wording ? I can't come up with anything sensible sounding!

Basically my normal rules apply ... if I'm open, I'm charging and if I'm not open I'm not. But I don't quite know how to word compulsory closure and exclusion.

We're just washing hands alot too.

Not sure what we're doing, apart from school runs as my lower back is twinging and I need to take it slow!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 12-03-2020 at 08:25 AM.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I said about the sanitiser just because they would have to walk through playroom / rooms to get to the sink. Children will always stop to touch toys etc on the way.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo. Say what precautions you are taking. Extra hand washing, sanitiser, risk assessment to do with outings/ groups will you still go to them at the moment?. Closure if you have to self isolate or a member of your family.

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Im sending them up to wash their hands. Saving the hand sanitizer for when we absolutely need it - no sinks etc.

I prefer to do it myself instead of relying on parents
    Same here.

I've advised parents to make sure the children are washing their hands thoroughly at home, but as I doubt some of the parents do it themselves, I'm not going to rely on them to keep their child's hands clean!

I do have hand sanitise by the front door, but I haven't used it yet and have been taking children to wash their hands when they arrive. Mine are all pre-school children so I prefer to supervise hand washing rather than leaving them to do it themselves.

At the end of each day I'm also spraying dettol antibac spray around the place and on the toys. I'm not sure if it's the best thing to use, but I haven't looked into it yet to see if there's something better.

14. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else becoming aware of just how often you touch your eyes/nose/mouth throughout the day? DD is terrible and I have been trying to get her out of the habit for ages - now maybe she'll start listening.

They said this morning that the virus can live on hard surfaces for 48 hours. I'm thinking shopping trolley handles, all the food packets that someone might have touched before you, money, cash point buttons... Very glad that I don't use public transport.

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Is anyone else becoming aware of just how often you touch your eyes/nose/mouth throughout the day? DD is terrible and I have been trying to get her out of the habit for ages - now maybe she'll start listening.

They said this morning that the virus can live on hard surfaces for 48 hours. I'm thinking shopping trolley handles, all the food packets that someone might have touched before you, money, cash point buttons... Very glad that I don't use public transport.
    Oh ny goodness im terrible my dh said he counted 15 times in a 5 minute period. I also have a habit of when im comfortable having one hand on my cheek

18. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I touch my eyes particularly much, maybe because I wear glasses, but I definitely touch my nose and mouth more than I should. I'm trying hard not to and I am washing my hands even more than normal.

I saw in the news last week that some Costco stores were offering hand gel to people as they entered and that they were cleaning trolley handles. Maybe more shops will start doing that.

20. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you all still having lovely sunny weather? It's absolutely blowing a gale here! It was snowing this morning too - blizzard, hostile type of snow, not fun snow.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's lovely and sunny .. but blowing a hooley! X

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the word hooley

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Love the word hooley
    I just googled it!

27. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just googled it!

that made me smile!

29. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

that made me smile!
    As I said earlier this week on here, you learn something new every day! Thank you for today's lesson loocyloo!

31. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Today has been beautiful...as long as you were looking through the window ...bright and sunny. Once you stepped outside the wind was freezing! But it’s starting to stay light until closing time now , much happier when they can play in the garden until collection!
    Did you still want to share wording loocyloo? I don’t mind sharing mine, not that it’s anything special! X

33. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Today has been beautiful...as long as you were looking through the window ...bright and sunny. Once you stepped outside the wind was freezing! But it’s starting to stay light until closing time now , much happier when they can play in the garden until collection!
    Did you still want to share wording loocyloo? I don’t mind sharing mine, not that it’s anything special! X
    Ooo, yes please! A fellow cm has written something that I helped with, but I'd be interested to see someone else's too. Thank you. X

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sarah put this on her fb page yesterday

Coronavirus information for parents... I have just sent the following message to all our families. You are welcome to copy and change it if you find it useful

**Coronavirus – following the COBRA meeting today, the government’s objective is to slow down the spread of the virus – in the setting we are focusing on hand washing with the children and talking about how to catch our coughs and sneezes in our elbows like an elephant’s trunk.
    The new advice from tomorrow (Friday 13th) is that anyone with symptoms that suggest coronavirus should self-isolate for 7 days. This means anyone with a new continuous cough or high temperature must stay at home for 7 days.
    For this reason, please do not send your child if they have a new cough or high temperature as this could infect staff and other children in the setting.
    If myself, my family or any staff members have to self-isolate and / or we have to close or reduce numbers, you will be informed as soon as possible.
    We aim to stay open for as long as we can and will continue to follow local authority and government advice and keep you updated. Thank you.

36. Likes loocyloo, sarah707 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast