Good morning Thursday

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Thursday

Today is going to be a coronavirus planning sort of day!

I need to hurry up and get a policy in place to hand out to parents at home time today. I want to be clear on exclusion, compulsory closure and fees before it's up for discussion.

As it looks like we won't be covered by any government financial support, I need to be clear that I will still be charging fees if I am available to work.

In other news, it's a lovely sunny day and I'm planning a trip to the park to blow away the cobwebs. A run round with excited children will be a welcome break from talk about viruses and money. We'll find a quiet area and play happily in our own little bubble

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning its looking for be a nice day here too.

I only have the morning school run no afternoon so no clock watching

I think a long nature walk is needed. Cant see many people being out

Im talking to all my parents separately the downsides of tailor made contracts to each one. But luckily they are being quite realistic about the situation. Like one mum said if she has to work from home and schools shut she will send to her me if im open as she will need to work
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Done mine mouse but printers not working so parents will get it Monday.Is anyone asking parents to use sanitiser for them and children before coming in your house?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Im sending them up to wash their hands. Saving the hand sanitizer for when we absolutely need it - no sinks etc.

I prefer to do it myself instead of relying on parents
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning!

Please can anyone share their wording ? I can't come up with anything sensible sounding!

Basically my normal rules apply ... if I'm open, I'm charging and if I'm not open I'm not. But I don't quite know how to word compulsory closure and exclusion.

We're just washing hands alot too.

Not sure what we're doing, apart from school runs as my lower back is twinging and I need to take it slow!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 12-03-2020 at 08:25 AM.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I said about the sanitiser just because they would have to walk through playroom / rooms to get to the sink. Children will always stop to touch toys etc on the way.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Im sending them up to wash their hands. Saving the hand sanitizer for when we absolutely need it - no sinks etc.

I prefer to do it myself instead of relying on parents
    Same here.

I've advised parents to make sure the children are washing their hands thoroughly at home, but as I doubt some of the parents do it themselves, I'm not going to rely on them to keep their child's hands clean!

I do have hand sanitise by the front door, but I haven't used it yet and have been taking children to wash their hands when they arrive. Mine are all pre-school children so I prefer to supervise hand washing rather than leaving them to do it themselves.

At the end of each day I'm also spraying dettol antibac spray around the place and on the toys. I'm not sure if it's the best thing to use, but I haven't looked into it yet to see if there's something better.