Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
I'm here and I've updated my guidance today to take account of the changes ... I hope this helps

MESSAGE TO OUR PARENTS 17.3.20
Dear parents, the government advice about coronavirus changed late yesterday afternoon.
We are currently allowed to stay open and the government are not closing schools yet.
If a child falls ill with a cough or high temperature, parents will be contacted for immediate collection – please ensure emergency contact details are up to date.
Staff, children and families must stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days (not 7 as previously advised) if they have a continuous cough and / or a high temperature (they feel hot to the touch). This now refers to ALL family members (not just the person who is coughing / hot).
This means that if one family member has a new continuous cough or high temperature all the family need to isolate for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the household became ill.
Social contact must also be limited, so we will not be going out to any groups or play centres for the foreseeable future. Please be assured we will still focus on supporting your child’s learning in the house and garden and we will do everything we can to ensure children’s routines are kept the same.
To protect your child, we are –
- Keeping the house clean – we are paying particular attention to hand contact points like doors and light switches.
- Washing hands thoroughly throughout the day and reminding the children about safe handwashing techniques.
- Using sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Reminding the children to cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, using an elephant’s trunk, NOT their hand.
- Avoiding contact with unwell people.
Ofsted have confirmed that we can be flexible with ratios to support our parents and families through these difficult times – as long as we continue to be well, we will stay open and care for the children.
Trusted websites include –
NHS UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NHS

WHO myth busters - Myth busters
Please note this is latest information – 17.3.2020 – the situation is changing regularly.
Thank you.
Thank you Sarah xxx