Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Sarah put this on her fb page yesterday

Coronavirus information for parents... I have just sent the following message to all our families. You are welcome to copy and change it if you find it useful

**Coronavirus – following the COBRA meeting today, the government’s objective is to slow down the spread of the virus – in the setting we are focusing on hand washing with the children and talking about how to catch our coughs and sneezes in our elbows like an elephant’s trunk.
    The new advice from tomorrow (Friday 13th) is that anyone with symptoms that suggest coronavirus should self-isolate for 7 days. This means anyone with a new continuous cough or high temperature must stay at home for 7 days.
    For this reason, please do not send your child if they have a new cough or high temperature as this could infect staff and other children in the setting.
    If myself, my family or any staff members have to self-isolate and / or we have to close or reduce numbers, you will be informed as soon as possible.
    We aim to stay open for as long as we can and will continue to follow local authority and government advice and keep you updated. Thank you.
    THANK YOU . ( and THANK YOU SARAH )

simple and easy to understand and to the point! I was trying to avoid putting solutions/what i will do, to every possible scenario!

2. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame Sarah’s not on this site anymore. Or is she and I’ve just not seen her threads?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sarah's still here
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can’t get it to track , if you want to pm me your emiail I can send it. It’s beefy similar to Sarah’s though , just a bit added in about calpol x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Sorry can’t get it to track , if you want to pm me your emiail I can send it. It’s beefy similar to Sarah’s though , just a bit added in about calpol x
    Thanks .... i used Sarahs, and added a bit about 'if you need to give your child calpol before they arrive ... don't send!' xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm here and I've updated my guidance today to take account of the changes ... I hope this helps

MESSAGE TO OUR PARENTS 17.3.20
    Dear parents, the government advice about coronavirus changed late yesterday afternoon.
    We are currently allowed to stay open and the government are not closing schools yet.
    If a child falls ill with a cough or high temperature, parents will be contacted for immediate collection – please ensure emergency contact details are up to date.
    Staff, children and families must stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days (not 7 as previously advised) if they have a continuous cough and / or a high temperature (they feel hot to the touch). This now refers to ALL family members (not just the person who is coughing / hot).
    This means that if one family member has a new continuous cough or high temperature all the family need to isolate for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the household became ill.
    Social contact must also be limited, so we will not be going out to any groups or play centres for the foreseeable future. Please be assured we will still focus on supporting your child’s learning in the house and garden and we will do everything we can to ensure children’s routines are kept the same.
    To protect your child, we are –
    - Keeping the house clean – we are paying particular attention to hand contact points like doors and light switches.
    - Washing hands thoroughly throughout the day and reminding the children about safe handwashing techniques.
    - Using sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
    - Reminding the children to cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, using an elephant’s trunk, NOT their hand.
    - Avoiding contact with unwell people.
    Ofsted have confirmed that we can be flexible with ratios to support our parents and families through these difficult times – as long as we continue to be well, we will stay open and care for the children.
    Trusted websites include –
    NHS UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    - NHS

WHO myth busters - Myth busters
    Please note this is latest information – 17.3.2020 – the situation is changing regularly.
    Thank you.

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I'm here and I've updated my guidance today to take account of the changes ... I hope this helps

MESSAGE TO OUR PARENTS 17.3.20
    Dear parents, the government advice about coronavirus changed late yesterday afternoon.
    We are currently allowed to stay open and the government are not closing schools yet.
    If a child falls ill with a cough or high temperature, parents will be contacted for immediate collection – please ensure emergency contact details are up to date.
    Staff, children and families must stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days (not 7 as previously advised) if they have a continuous cough and / or a high temperature (they feel hot to the touch). This now refers to ALL family members (not just the person who is coughing / hot).
    This means that if one family member has a new continuous cough or high temperature all the family need to isolate for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the household became ill.
    Social contact must also be limited, so we will not be going out to any groups or play centres for the foreseeable future. Please be assured we will still focus on supporting your child’s learning in the house and garden and we will do everything we can to ensure children’s routines are kept the same.
    To protect your child, we are –
    - Keeping the house clean – we are paying particular attention to hand contact points like doors and light switches.
    - Washing hands thoroughly throughout the day and reminding the children about safe handwashing techniques.
    - Using sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
    - Reminding the children to cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, using an elephant’s trunk, NOT their hand.
    - Avoiding contact with unwell people.
    Ofsted have confirmed that we can be flexible with ratios to support our parents and families through these difficult times – as long as we continue to be well, we will stay open and care for the children.
    Trusted websites include –
    NHS UK - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    - NHS

WHO myth busters - Myth busters
    Please note this is latest information – 17.3.2020 – the situation is changing regularly.
    Thank you.
    Thank you Sarah xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12