Good morning Wednesday
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Wednesday

We're half way through the week already...

...or for those of us who don't work on a Friday, we've only got one more early get up before the weekend

Talking of not working Fridays, which would you rather do:

a) work longer days, but have a day off a week

or

b) work 5 days a week, but shorter hours?

I currently do 40 hours a week over 4 days and I do love my Friday off. The days can seem very long, but I'm prepared to do it if it gives me a free day

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone
    Fewer long days for me , although I’d happily settle for either! I do 55 +hours over 5 days at the moment. Most of my childminding friends have Friday off and are very smug on Thursday afternoons!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning.

I don't work mondays and I love not having to rush on a Monday morning! I keep being asked if I can work it and I'll do an emergency cover for a current child but that's it! I was trying to get down to 3 days a week ... but just can't get there!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

I would love a day off i dont care which one but it doesnt seem to happen often nowadays. Problem with shift workers etc.

I would say i do 5 shorter days but realise i work 10 hour days I might need to mention this to dh as im sure hes under the impression i do part time hours
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have a day off. I find even if you are just working for a couple of hours it has an impact on the night before because you have to make sure your house is clean/tidy whether you are working one hour or 12.

My sister in law (not a childminder) has a Tuesday off. She couldn't get a Friday or a Monday off. I would feel that would be like having two Sunday nights in a week, but she has a more positive outlook on life! She said she is very grateful that she is able to do a four day week and feels that you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

My sister in law (not a childminder) has a Tuesday off. She couldn't get a Friday or a Monday off. I would feel that would be like having two Sunday nights in a week, but she has a more positive outlook on life! She said she is very grateful that she is able to do a four day week and feels that you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    When I had an office job I had a Wednesday off. I'd have preferred the Monday or Friday so I had a long weekend, but it was actually quite nice being off midweek. It meant I only worked 2 days at a time before having time off!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely like a day off in the week, just recently I have been finishing a little bit earlier on the odd evening as children have been going earlier for one reason or another. I currently work between 9 and 10 hours a day 5 days a week Only 2 more days to the week end
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think my parents must have read this thread as im finishing at 2.30 today
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

11. Likes Mouse, Maza, loocyloo liked this post