Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Eastenders!

Well, DD said she wanted to watch Eastenders as we always turn it off and she wanted to know why ...

So ... for the first time in many a year ... over 10, probably at least 15 ... I watched Eastenders ... I didn't quite 'get' the current storylines... but OMGoodness ... so many actors STILL in it- some looking a fair bit older and still seemingly all acting out the same old same old storylines!!!

AND ... Dot Cotton is STILL in it!

Just had to share my amusement!

Ps ... DD said it was rubbish and she didn't need to watch it again!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched it in years and years. Funnily enough though, something made me think of 'Lofty' the other day! Didn't he agree to marry Michelle Fowler but she decided that she didn't love him and so didn't go ahead with it? I almost googled it to jog my memory. No idea what made me think of him!

I can't stand it now. I think it is too shouty and violent. I do still watch Corrie though. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Brookside.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Its only on tele here is my brother is visiting from Australia. Its very embarrassing to admit that he is a fan.

In fairness we dont watch any soap

Though i remember probably about 20 years ago i was addicted to an new zealand soap shortland soap and an American soap the bold and beautiful the last one was so awful it was addictive
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I just had to google Lofty after this post! Apparently he made a comeback for one episode earlier this year. He turned up for Dr Legg's funeral with Mary the punk. If I had known that I would have tuned in for that episode.

Is it me or were the soaps just more innocent in those days, and more appealing for the whole family? We all used to sit around and watch the Sunday pmnibus of EastEnders. I particularly remember the episode where the father of Michelle's baby was revealed. That was a good one!

I was watching Corrie last night and that is getting more and more violent. It makes me so sad.

I didn't watch The Bold and the Beautiful Fussy, but I know lots of people who did.

Now, my guilty pleasures are reality tv shows on large families. I love Counting On (The Duggar family), Kate Plus 8 and Outdaughtered. DH just rolls his eyes.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Its only on tele here is my brother is visiting from Australia. Its very embarrassing to admit that he is a fan.

In fairness we dont watch any soap

Though i remember probably about 20 years ago i was addicted to an new zealand soap shortland soap and an American soap the bold and beautiful the last one was so awful it was addictive

Oooo, I used to love Shortland Street!

I have a little watch of Home and Away every now again ... ( mainly cos I used to live/ work in Palm Beach/Northern Beaches of Sydney and it's interesting to see how places are changing! ) but don't watch any other soap.

I agree Maza, they do all seem to be more violent these days whenever I catch a few minutes of a soap.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I watch to relax for an hour so dont find soaps relaxing I feel they are more considered hard hitting, gritty, controversial not much light relief. Also because they are on all the time theres no real suspense we had to wait months to find out who shot jr

Maza it wasnt the bold and beautiful it was Sunset beach i watched it was so awful but good
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I watch to relax for an hour so dont find soaps relaxing I feel they are more considered hard hitting, gritty, controversial not much light relief. Also because they are on all the time theres no real suspense we had to wait months to find out who shot jr

Maza it wasnt the bold and beautiful it was Sunset beach i watched it was so awful but good
    I remember when it was a big story line when Arthur Fowler stole the Christmas club money! Can you imagine that being a big hit now, lol!

Deidrie Barlow's affair with Mike Baldwin, well that was just totally gripping!

I actually can't remember who shot JR now...