Black Friday - love it or loathe it?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Friday - love it or loathe it?

Personally, I just don't get it!

My inbox is full of 'Black Friday' offers, which are the same offers they've been sending me for months and will no doubt continue to send me long after today. I don't believe many of the offers are genuine - last year I had my eye on something on well known site, but hadn't got round to buying it. It came up as a Black Friday offer, but was the same price as it always had been. It was just the RRP that had been increased so it looked like a better deal! Then a few days later it was cheaper than the Black Friday price anyway!

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No I’m sure there may be the odd good deal out there but it general it’s just a marketing ploy. It emerged about 4 years ago but has run its course I think

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exactly!

I don't get it and i too am fed up of all the emails!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on now Mouse - we all saw you on the news fighting and pushing everyone out of the way so that you could get your new tv and video player in the sale!

Sadly I don't believe the sales any more either. I never buy anything full price in Gap or Boden any more because I know there will be a sale in a week or two. The January sales used to be a fun tradition too, but they are a thing of the past.

Today DH went shopping for a couple of birthday presents for DD in our local department store. Everything was 20% off - great, but he wasn't allowed to use our loyalty card to collect points.

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Come on now Mouse - we all saw you on the news fighting and pushing everyone out of the way so that you could get your new tv and video player in the sale!

Sadly I don't believe the sales any more either. I never buy anything full price in Gap or Boden any more because I know there will be a sale in a week or two. The January sales used to be a fun tradition too, but they are a thing of the past.

Today DH went shopping for a couple of birthday presents for DD in our local department store. Everything was 20% off - great, but he wasn't allowed to use our loyalty card to collect points.
    Ha ha! Perhaps I ought to try it one year to see if it really is as awful as it looks!

I remember the old January sales that began on 1st January. People would be camping out from the day before to get real bargains, usually something like a washing machine or sofa! It's just not the same these days.

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just another desperate bid by the capitalists to grab a bigger slice of the Christmas debt spree.

Remember, as any good anarchist will tell you, there are now only 31 looting days until Christmas.

10. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The biggest problem I find is Black Friday deliveries slowing up my anyday online shopping.
    I have been told I will get a delivery at 10pm tonight( not a Black Friday shopping spree, something I ordered last weekend) with an apology about delay - my heart goes out to those families who has a member that is still delivering at that time on a Saturday.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Honestly i dont see any reason for it most items are the same orice but have black friday on it.

I brought some gifts from boots on Wednesday ds2 managed to break one. Went to replace it yesterday and they were all gone. I spoke to an assistant and she looked at me and said its black friday so i said oh were they reduced she said no but people were inclined to spend more.

Don't get me wrong i love a bargain but when it isn't.................
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve not gone shopping at all. Hate the shops being really busy with everyone thinking they’re getting a bargain. There are a few offers but they’re gone quickly.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did just get a 'black friday' bargain! i use truprint for all my photos etc and until tomorrow, it is 50% off EVERYTHING! ... i had loads of photos i wanted to get ( including some from summer hols and DS prom! ) plus, we had decided to get grandparents photo mugs and DD wanted to get DH a photo phone case! ... we were ordering enough stuff, that even with 50% discount, i spent enough to get free delivery bargain!