Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Royal wedding, football fa cup, rugby semi finals

Will you be watching any of the above. I know the rugby will be on in this house.

Strangely we have no children's activities this weekend so hopefully the sun will shine brightly.

Ds2 has a birthday party to attend but other than that i think a relaxing weekend is called for.

Have a great weekend everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I’ve booked tomorrow morning to watch the wedding- from all the arrivals to the ceremony, DH is making an ‘ afternoon tea’ type lunch , we have no neighbours here so we are having our own little do...with a side of coronation chicken.
    The afternoon is booked for the Scottish football and then early evening cup....I am on the dinner duty.
    Should be a good light heartening day.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Planning on watching the wedding then the FA cup at teatime. I had a fun day with the little ones as we made cakes and crowns during the day then had a tea party tonight which everyone enjoyed.
    Pixie Dust

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Scottish cup final for us too in the afternoon: ds has football in the morning so will miss most of the wedding hype and be home in time to see the service I think. In between all that I’m having a major resource sort out.....need to be ruthless as I have more stuff than storage space,, and a shed full of toys that we never get out any more ...the kids are far more involved when we use authentic ‘stuff’ and loose parts ( which are even harder to store!)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD and DH are so sick of the royal wedding already so I'm going to milk it tomorrow and have found an old Union Jack dress which I wore for a royal fancy dress party a few years ago. I'm going to get into it first thing.

I'm not particularly into the royals, or weddings, but I won't be able to resist watching it all. I have no idea what Megan's dress will be like - that's always the most exciting part don't you think? Floradora I enjoy watching all the arrivals too. Good news that Phillip is able to go. Interesting to see that Fergie is going too.

DH thinks he will be watching some rugby tomorrow...

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m looking for The dress , and the little Pages and bridesmaids...oh and maybe the kiss , I could happily bypass the rest
    Dh is so disinterested he has left the country!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We rarely have the TV on during the day at the weekend so I won’t watch any of the wedding as it happens. I’m not even sure what time it’s on. I know I won’t be able to avoid it completely though - the news and social media will obviously be full of it so I’ll probably see most of what happened without even having to try!

DH and the sons will watch any football that’s on, but they’ll be in another room so, apart from their shouting, I’ll be able to avoid that as well.

Enjoy your weekends everyone!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I loved the wedding! Stunning dress.

Strong woman walking up the steps alone - she took it all in her stride and looked less nervous than Harry. I did feel for her mum though, sitting all alone. I hope they looked after her at the receptions.

9. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So, will any of you be watching the royal wedding this Friday? I do like a royal wedding, even though I hate the cost. I can't watch it because I am working. DH will be at home and keeps telling me how he is going to have it on all day - in reality he couldn't think of anything less exciting than watching it.

I wonder if the rumours about Phillip disliking Sarah Ferguson so much are true. Family politics can't escape you, no matter who you are!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The forecast here is very wet and very windy so I may find the royal wedding a lovely indoor warm distraction.....I do love a wedding!
    I am actually attending one on November 1st so busy planning hotels, taxis, outfits, button holes ( making my own because only florist in area wants £12!!! ) for that ...which is lovely. ( mainly because I still fit in to my fav wedding guest dress and the new boots look good with it) .

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hadn't even realised it was THIS Friday!!!!

I was meant to be out all day ... but with the dreadful weather forecast we may stay home and watch!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooh i didnt know it was friday. Will probably put it on and have a look.

I remember watching sarah and andrew get married at school and her dress did it have their initials on?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It did have their initials on the train I think! The things you remember! I think it had some bees woven into it too?...

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So who watched i thought the dress was lovely but listening to the commentators shock at not wearing a veil.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just caught a bit of it.

I thought the dress was lovely and everyone seemed happy and relaxed.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I recorded it (a bit sad I know!) and watched it in the evening. I loved it. She looked lovely - and so did Beatrice! I didn't know anything about the groom before hand but they showed an interview with the couple and Ruth and Eiman as part of the coverage and he seemed quite sweet and humble. Fergie looked animated and full of nervous energy!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I watched every second of it....it was heartwarming and uplifting. She looked wonderful. I loved the bridesmaids sash, a Mark Bradford creation...I can see they will be copied next year in bridal parties. The LO’s were so good, Robbie William’s little girl looks so like him...and just as mischievous.
    I too thought Eugenie looked great but I attended a group in the afternoon and nobody agreed🙃 we talked about the wedding for 30 minutes, all positive , lighthearted chatter...it’s great that it brought us together in such a happy way.

Now I am going to hijack this thread whilst I am here, sorry but I am after some help....the toddler group I attend is going to take part in the village ‘ decorate a Christmas tree ‘ competition. I do the craft activity every week and they chattered about it enthusiastically which was great....but the theme is weather! Not very ‘christmassy’ really. They want a hand painted sun at the top and then layers of different weathers as you go down, ending with a bottom row of snowmen with the Childrens faces as snowmen. Apparently they always put the children’s faces on something.
    I need to plan when we do this and the other weather related items- I thought about sparkly raindrops, perhaps dangly lightening bolts, snowflakes, possibly umbrellas ☔️ but I would like each thing to incorporate a different skill / possibly medium ....and of course to be produced by 1-3 year olds, with some babies input too!!”
    A small order for you lovely creative folk I am sure, any suggestions would be welcome.