Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How are you all?

How are you all? It's been so quiet on here so I am assuming all is well.

Hectors House, are you still planning on retiring soon? Are you on the count down?

Loocyloo, did you get make any progress with the DBS for your son?

Mumofone, have you made any decisions yet about whether to become Mumoftwo?

Has anyone booked a Summer holiday yet? We're hopefully doing another Forest holiday after loving it so much when we tried it out last year for three nights. We're wanting to do a whole week this year, at a different site.

2. Likes mama2three, loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning Maza , it certainly is quiet
    The usual weekend mayhem here , ds won his football cup yesterday , today washing shopping mowing ironing.....was hoping to go to the car boot this morning but it was drizzling so I’m not sure anyone would have been there!.
    Settling in tomorrow for a baby chunk...my back hurts in anticipation!

We live in the forest , and as far away from the coast as possible in England , so long for the sea for my holidays....but not Untilthe last week of August this year. I do love being in the forest and watching the seasons unfold with the mindees but I grew up on the coast and the sea still draws me.

4. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow mama2three, congratulations to your DS. Your mindees are lucky, your posts always sound so wholesome and nature based.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrible cold damp weekend here so we haven't done much, we have booked a late holiday in October to Portugal which we are looking forward too hopefully we will enjoy a lovely hot summer first
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

busy here preparing to get back to minding. Husband was cleaning decking but has taken a break to watch grand prix!

Just come on line to order toys for garden after batch cooking all morning.

After a few months of being unemployed we've decided not to have a holiday this year although we may go over to Scotland for a few days

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Reposted ,

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello
    I am just taking a peppermint tea break from grout cleaning. My new home has a wet room and a bathroom tiled in tiny mosaics, I am on the last leg now of scrubbing the grout lines and tiles with a restorer ( HG if you are interested - comes up well). I love the final finish but it has been a real work out on my arms scrubbing.
    DH has fitted me a retractable washing line in the back yard that looks onto the cow field, with the remains of a silage pile in the distance. I have my bedding blowing wonderfully in the wind but just wondering if my washing is going to smell of silage as the wind is making sure we get a good old whiff of it this afternoon. Getting used to the countryside is interesting.
    I have explored the village this week..and all the time I was thinking about how great it would be for me to walk out with the LO’s...woods, a real castle ( well, it’s remains - free) with wooden framed climbing / walking fort type play in the moat, an orchard, field, Beck with a nice safe walk along section, styles with walks , a weir, a basketball court, small bmx track, children’s playground, lots of ancient monuments and plaques, 3 church buildings, a shop and an ice cream parlour..... there are only 700 residents with such a lot of nice areas to share. Yet I never saw any adults with LO’s out, there is a toddler group so they must exist. Lots of older folk with dogs though. I also have a resident pheasant with a harem of three ladies that the LO’s would enjoy watching.....DH is pleased I have given up my childminding Certificate ...I did think about keeping it open like you Maza, I am missing children still.
    We have been so focussed on the move I haven’t though about a holiday in the summer ( technically I am on permanent holiday now as I used to holiday a lot in the area I now live). Brighton to visit oldest I expect, but a trip to the Louvre in Paris has been on our list for a few years, we last went with the boys and their needs were paramount, I’d like to go back on my agenda. The Shetlands still call too.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the summer term and growing season with the children.

13. Likes Maza, hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just got back from a wonderful weekend in Brighton. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Standing on the shingle beach with the wind blowing and the waves crashing brought back many happy childhood memories. Met up with 2 friends I use to work with. One I see approximately twice a year the other I've not seen for 25 years. It was brilliant. Like I'd seen her last month. So I'm feeling very contented at the moment and I hope the feeling lasts. Have a good week everyone.

15. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    I've just got back from a wonderful weekend in Brighton. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Standing on the shingle beach with the wind blowing and the waves crashing brought back many happy childhood memories. Met up with 2 friends I use to work with. One I see approximately twice a year the other I've not seen for 25 years. It was brilliant. Like I'd seen her last month. So I'm feeling very contented at the moment and I hope the feeling lasts. Have a good week everyone.
    My oldest lives in Brighton, I love it down there, so interesting and cosmopolitan, though it is expensive. Nice for wandering. Great place to meet up with friends. Never sure about the beach for families though. Many visit, but the children just seem to fill buckets with stones. The sea is steep on entry so not particularly safe either....always thinking about children!
    So lovely that you are now chilled....good friends and chatter are a wonderful tonic.

17. Likes BallyH liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had a lovely weekend. Met up for dinner with a friend on Friday. Went to see the new avengers film on Saturday and had dinner today at DD1’s house and had long cuddle with grandson no 2. Hes 4 &half weeks old already and giving me big smiles already. It’s cold here tonight. I’ve turned the heating up and put my snuggly I much to my cats disgusted. He hates it as it gives him static shocks

19. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning - yes I am still retiring at the end of August, all my mindees have found places with other Childminders or in Nurseries, so I'm going to be busy writing transition reports - one will be finishing first week in July as mum is teacher in Private school and one will be finishing end of July as they are going to Australia for 4 weeks, one normally has last 2 weeks of August off, so that leaves me with just 2 - they are all leaving in drips and drabs which will drag out the number of times I end up crying, saying Goodbye.

I wasn't actively looking for a new job yet but then a school shared an advert to the local parents page for a School Librarian to start in September, so I applied, was shortlisted for interview, was offered the job and properly in Sept! - Very excited but very scared also - I did offer to go in during June and July on some of my days off to learn what's involved from the current librarian - I'm only babysitting the job for her for a year, as her husband is in the Forces and being posted abroad and she is going with him, but this is perfect for me as we intend to travel Europe in our motorhome from Sept 2019. The school have said they will pay me for 5 days but I'm sure I will be going in more than that as I want to make sure I don't forget everything during the Summer Holidays.

It was my first proper interview for 15 years, I had to sit and chat to 8 pupils who help out as Library monitors, and that was hard work as to start with they weren't very chatty, then I had to design a Poster advertising new books had arrived in the library (and that was all the information I was given), really thought I had blown it on that task as I couldn't find Word Art or Clip art and had to make up the content - then had a lovely relaxing interview with the Head, Deputy and Business Manager - maybe it wasn't stressful as I thought I had already blown it and just was myself. I was gobsmacked when they phoned to offer me the job later, the Deputy head said they had loved my "enthusiasm"! I haven't told many people yet as I'm waiting for the official letter to arrive, just in case I imagined the whole thing.

We are off to Cuba in 3.5 weeks time, which I'm really looking forward too, although I badly sprained my foot on Easter Sunday and the ligament pulled a chunk of bone off, luckily they no longer plaster this kind of injury but I'm still struggling with uneven surfaces and most of Havanna old town is cobbled! I have seen a private physio and have it strapped up in athletes muscle tape and have brutal exercises to due to try to stretch the scar tissue.

I have just renewed my Ofsted registration and have to renew my liability insurance next month, so I may just say to Ofsted that I'm taking a break rather than give up my registration, just in case things don't work out.

Hope everyone else is OK and waiting in anticipation for the sunshine to return.

21. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow HH, that sounds great.

And Flora ..I love the area you live in. Just a bit too far for a day trip with mindees!

Sounds like everyone else is busy too. Thanks for starting thread Maza, good idea!

My friend is signing off DSs DBS tonight and then hopefully it will all be sorted.
    We've had a very busy few weeks and I've got a bit behind with termly jobs ... I really ought to be getting on with them this afternoon, but having been so busy, I'm enjoying the peace and quiet and doing nothing!

We're off to Greece in the summer for a week or so. Decided to try hotel and all inclusive as DS eats endlessly and DD seems to need food every 2 minutes! Usually do self catering in small places without lots of people- I don't really like being on top of people / small children on holiday! So we'll see. Hotel has its own beach so I might just hide out there. We also usually do a bit of exploring of local area, but this year I'm thinking I just want to sit in the sun and read

23. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for the half term. Poor ds is struggling with the stupid year 6 sats and the ridiculous pressure.

So apologies for not being around much
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

25. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fussy, bloomin’ SATS can be so stressful. Hope you are able to keep him somewhat calm.

It’s lovely to hear from everyone. X

27. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I can't wait for the half term. Poor ds is struggling with the stupid year 6 sats and the ridiculous pressure.

So apologies for not being around much
    It's so wrong that the pressure is passed onto the children - hope you all survive and enjoy your half term

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Then yoy find out that your school has been picked for science tests.

I have made my opinions and feelings known to the headteacher
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My sons girlfriend is a y2 teacher and the kids are so excited about the Sats They have been doing spy mission training and the approach they take is wonderful. No pressure just inspiring teaching

31. Likes SYLVIA liked this post