Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thursday

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thursday

I have the day off just how it's fell no one needing me.

I did want to binge watch twin peaks but obviously I have only just sat down after a vain attempt to get ahead of the house work.

Hope you are all having a good day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That hardly ever happens to me, one normally appears.
    Enjoy.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also got a day off! I've been doing so many extra days recently, which will be nice come pay day, but I have really missed doing the school run for DD. The chores are piling up at home too - not that I've done many of them yet. Had a meeting at school as DD has got a three night residential trip next month, eek! Then we bumped into our new 'neighbour' - the flat which shares our landing. He seems very nice. We then bumped into our grumpy neighbour downstairs and she was moaning about him already, being unnecessarily harsh. I wish they would move out, then I would be back childminding like a shot, but hearing her venom this morning reminded me of how stressed I got because of her.

It's really cold here today. Keep warm everyone!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Afternoon!
    I worked 3 hrs this morning and then have 1.5 hrs afterschool and that's it as everyone else is poorly.
    I thought I'd be really good and get on with a load of jobs, but apart from prepping tea, I've just sat down and read my book! I really don't fancy heading out in the icy wind with periodic rain for the school run.
    I'm going to a local craft shop this evening and hopefully someone will be able to teach me to crochet ... I tried earlier and I can't even remember now how to start off .... fingers crossed!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Loocyloo I learnt basic crochet from YouTube. A woman called Bella coco made it click for me
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Loocyloo I learnt basic crochet from YouTube. A woman called Bella coco made it click for me

Thank you! I had a great time and learnt to do a chain and to then go back ... just need to practice to keep my tension right. Having got home, I just tried to cast on ... and found myself casting on for knitting! Doh!

The lady recommended Bella Coco, so I was about to have a look!

Really pleased though, as she said that if I want to crochet little animals etc, then no point in learning 'granny squares' ... which someone else had told me I'd have to learn first!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the morning to myself and went off to pick wool to knit a couple of blankets for my grandson no2 when he arrives in
    April. Then just came back and sat and had a coffee in peace. So nice to have done time to myself.

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I must admit I enjoyed the day. So nice to get in and have a tidy house dd even got to football training early 😂😂😂

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Really pleased though, as she said that if I want to crochet little animals etc, then no point in learning 'granny squares' ... which someone else had told me I'd have to learn first!
    Hellooooo!

Fussy has dragged me from my retirement armchair to see if I can help

The lady is right, you don't need to do endless granny squares before you can do little animals! Just learn the basic stitches, in fact Amigurumi (which is making little animals in crochet) generally only uses three stitches, chain, double crochet and slip stitch. Practice those and you will be fine. The main thing you need is nimble fingers as they can be quite fiddly.

I love my crochet, I've really got back into it these last few years, it saved my sanity (assuming I had any in the first place ) so I hope you get on with it too.

Always happy to help if I can, either here or you can find me all over the place (You Tube, Facebook, Blogger) just search for Pookie Doodle Crafts

Love and hugs, miss you all xx
    Pauline x

14. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    Hellooooo!

Fussy has dragged me from my retirement armchair to see if I can help

The lady is right, you don't need to do endless granny squares before you can do little animals! Just learn the basic stitches, in fact Amigurumi (which is making little animals in crochet) generally only uses three stitches, chain, double crochet and slip stitch. Practice those and you will be fine. The main thing you need is nimble fingers as they can be quite fiddly.

I love my crochet, I've really got back into it these last few years, it saved my sanity (assuming I had any in the first place ) so I hope you get on with it too.

Always happy to help if I can, either here or you can find me all over the place (You Tube, Facebook, Blogger) just search for Pookie Doodle Crafts

Love and hugs, miss you all xx
    Awwww thank you Pauline .... you may regret offering to help! I can manage the chain and am getting there with the double. It's just keeping the tension tight enough but not too tight!

Miss you too, hope you are well and enjoying yourself.

X

16. Likes Pauline liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Awwww thank you Pauline .... you may regret offering to help! I can manage the chain and am getting there with the double. It's just keeping the tension tight enough but not too tight!

Miss you too, hope you are well and enjoying yourself.

X
    We ok thanks. All you need now is practice, practice, practice but just ask if you need help, I don't mind xx

Oh you might need the magic loop, great to start an amigurumi with, I did a video, you'll find it if you need it
    Pauline x

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    We ok thanks. All you need now is practice, practice, practice but just ask if you need help, I don't mind xx

Oh you might need the magic loop, great to start an amigurumi with, I did a video, you'll find it if you need it

Thank you.

I think I need to 'perfect' the chain and double first!