oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF

SO ......

who watched it last night?

DD & I did .... baking was good, and that all seemed the same as usual, Paul seemed himself, and I liked Prue Leith. ( but I always have done ). I love Noel and Sandi ... but I'm not convinced about them as 'hosts' as I felt they were trying to be a bit 'mel & sue'! DD said she thought the tent was 'darker inside' ? !

I loved the singing cake in all the ad breaks, but got fed up of the ad breaks!

any particular favourites amongst the bakers? I'm not sure yet.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, one of the annoying things about Mel and Sue was that they've spent most of the last two decades trying too hard to be Mel and Sue. A pair of one-trick ponies that should've been consigned to the glue factory years ago.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, after reminding everyone that it was on last night I forgot to watch it myself!

Bunyip I know what you mean about Mel and Sue. I didn't used to be able to tolerate them, but then I suddenly warmed to them.

It's always hard when you get new presenters - I wonder what Strictly will be like with no Len.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DH found it for me and so we are watching it now.

Enjoying it already but I agree, the tent does look darker! Sounds odd for a baking programme, but we used to love the combination of colours - the counters, mason bowls, mixers etc. Doesn't quite capture it as much yet - although it does look as though it is chucking it down there.

I remember the last series (only watched the last series and a bit of the Nadia series) we all put on tons of weight after being inspired each week!

Loved the bonfire cake. Mmmmm, calories.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it expecting to be really disappointed and vowing never to watch it again but actually it was really good and having different presenters and a different judge made no difference to me at all. I thought at the beginning that most of the contestants were terrible cooks but after that show stopper that was really difficult for a first week challenge I saw that there were 2 or 3 strong cooks and only a couple of poor ones. Can't believe that lady threw in the bin her failed cakes twice, I was shouting at the screen, if the next one fails you have nothing to present at the end!

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    SO ......

who watched it last night?

DD & I did .... baking was good, and that all seemed the same as usual, Paul seemed himself, and I liked Prue Leith. ( but I always have done ). I love Noel and Sandi ... but I'm not convinced about them as 'hosts' as I felt they were trying to be a bit 'mel & sue'! DD said she thought the tent was 'darker inside' ? !

I loved the singing cake in all the ad breaks, but got fed up of the ad breaks!

any particular favourites amongst the bakers? I'm not sure yet.
    Loved it. I was really unsure about Noel but I'm finding him weird but wonderful.

I don't mind the ad breaks gives me find to text, WhatsApp or tweet different friends.

Not got a favourite yet but I'm surprised Stacey didn't go her cake must have tasted really nice
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember any of the names but one of my favourites went! I thought he had a real twinkle in his eye, but his game did look pretty naff!

I love the lady who did the operation game - although that game was also very funny.

We just noticed that even the fridges were great colours too! I'm loving this series already.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I can't remember any of the names but one of my favourites went! I thought he had a real twinkle in his eye, but his game did look pretty naff!

I love the lady who did the operation game - although that game was also very funny.

We just noticed that even the fridges were great colours too! I'm loving this series already.
    I'm loving the series too.

The challenges seem to be harder in one but then allowing to bring in fondant. I remember in the second series the first person to leave was criticised for not making his own fondant. Personally I think life's too short.

Looking forward to bread week
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree,

it all seems a lot harder from the beginning - which is not a bad thing, as it IS a competition!

I guess that bringing in your own fondant is that it is a 'decoration' not the actual baking which is what was being judged?

I do like the chap who has won star baker - but I hope he doesn't get too cocky. He doesn't look like he would take failing too well!

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always think it's a shame there isn't a score for each task that gets carried forward to the next week, as it's always a shame when someone who was doing very well suddenly has a mare of a week and they get asked to leave when some others are producing average to poor offerings for every task, every week.

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I always think it's a shame there isn't a score for each task that gets carried forward to the next week, as it's always a shame when someone who was doing very well suddenly has a mare of a week and they get asked to leave when some others are producing average to poor offerings for every task, every week.
    So, accumulate points across the season to determine the overall winner.

It's The Premier League of Cake!

19. Likes hectors house liked this post