Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is your weekend going?

So, is everyone having fun?

Yesterday on our Parkrun DH got stung by a bee or a wasp and today it is red, swollen and irritating him, even after his antihistamine.

DD and I went on a butterfly and dragonfly walk on our common with the rangers yesterday afternoon and learnt lots. There were some lovely ripe blackberries already. Acorns and chestnuts were growing nicely too, which always make me excited knowing that my favourite season is on the way. In the evening it was raining and 'gloomy' and felt more like Autumn than the Summer holidays. I loved it - Autumn is so cosy - and that coupled with the knowledge that we have several weeks of no school ahead was a wonderful feeling. I even switched to red wine and I normally only feel like white wine in the Summer. Sorry, don't mean to wish my Summer away! Just not a fan of red hot sunny days (unless I am abroad on holiday).

Today all our local roads are closed due to a cycle race (prudential?) and so we can't really go anywhere. Going to get out some art and craft kits to see if we can use them up and make some space. Then we'll skype Granny to tell her the exciting news that we are going to get a dog when (if) we eventually move. I've never really been a dog person before, but I have to say I'm totally excited!

What are you all up to?

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Yesterday on our Parkrun DH got stung by a bee or a wasp and today it is red, swollen and irritating him, even after his antihistamine.

DD and I went on a butterfly and dragonfly walk on our common with the rangers yesterday afternoon and learnt lots. There were some lovely ripe blackberries already. Acorns and chestnuts were growing nicely too, which always make me excited knowing that my favourite season is on the way. In the evening it was raining and 'gloomy' and felt more like Autumn than the Summer holidays. I loved it - Autumn is so cosy - and that coupled with the knowledge that we have several weeks of no school ahead was a wonderful feeling. I even switched to red wine and I normally only feel like white wine in the Summer. Sorry, don't mean to wish my Summer away! Just not a fan of red hot sunny days (unless I am abroad on holiday).

Today all our local roads are closed due to a cycle race (prudential?) and so we can't really go anywhere. Going to get out some art and craft kits to see if we can use them up and make some space. Then we'll skype Granny to tell her the exciting news that we are going to get a dog when (if) we eventually move. I've never really been a dog person before, but I have to say I'm totally excited!

What are you all up to?
    I also look forward to Autumn. I love the wrapping up and beautiful leaves. It's our wedding anniversary in Autumn too.

Yesterday we went to Wisley gardens and walked round in the rain. The kids loved having lots of space to run around as it was unusually quiet. My DH got out a construction toy called Construx which was his in the 80s. The kids are loving it as is DH. I will be going for a run in a bit whilst DH and kids make my birthday cake. My birthday is next week but DH is away so we will celebrate early.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I love Wisley! Haven't been for a couple of years and am desperate to go back. I especially loved the bonsai trees. I wonder if there are any nice holiday activities planned there this year.

It sounds like you are vaguely in my neck of the woods. The Science festival at Kew Gardens next week sounds good - there is a voucher on Littlebirds for it too. I won't save much because I'll only be taking one child. Don't know if you are anywhere near Battersea Park but next week is Sports in the Park (or something like that). It is only £1 per child. We went last year and it was amazing. DD got to try boxing, circus skills, lots of different types of athletics, an 'army' assault course, mini golf, saw an owl display and did animal handling amongst lots of other things.

Enjoy your early birthday celebration - after your run you can eat as much cake as you like, guilt free!

6. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post

I also look forward to Autumn. I love the wrapping up and beautiful leaves. It's our wedding anniversary in Autumn too.

Yesterday we went to Wisley gardens and walked round in the rain. The kids loved having lots of space to run around as it was unusually quiet. My DH got out a construction toy called Construx which was his in the 80s. The kids are loving it as is DH. I will be going for a run in a bit whilst DH and kids make my birthday cake. My birthday is next week but DH is away so we will celebrate early.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
    That's sounds fun. Happy birthday for next week.

We had family staying Friday night, yesterday we were meant to be going to a wedding celebration party but DS was ill and it was too far to go to leave him home alone so last night DD and I went to see 'Scouting for girls' and lots of other bands at party in the park at Flamingoland. It was brilliant, but late. Been to church today and now just 'doing nothing'!

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no loocyloo, hope your DS feels better soon.

I'm also just doing nothing - although coming on here is never 'nothing' lol. We've had the cricket on for the last few days and I'm loving their campaign about using recycled drinking bottles. Great coverage of the issues we face by using too much plastic and a fantastic way to raise awareness.

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no loocyloo, hope your DS feels better soon.

I'm also just doing nothing - although coming on here is never 'nothing' lol. We've had the cricket on for the last few days and I'm loving their campaign about using recycled drinking bottles. Great coverage of the issues we face by using too much plastic and a fantastic way to raise awareness.
    Thanks. I think he's on the mend.

Lol ... we're both doing nothing whilst perusing the forum! Enjoy X

12. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What are you all up to?
    We have had a very lazy day. Some cooking a wander down to the local carnival where I seem to have spent a fortune on the fair.

Yesterday was about football it seems like they the season never ends.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sold lots of things on Shprok......such an exciting day. New activity for me.
    We are helping oldest move flats in Brighton in a couple of weeks and aim is to collect via selling enough for a nice meal out - up to £53 today.

Dead heading all the flowers in the garden a.m. Then harvesting....then selling ...sunny now, so a nice glass of white in the garden before evening meal.
    Goldfinch family enjoying late sun too.
    Meeting up with ex LO's family tomorrow to introduce them to the local RSPB centre and walk their new labradoodle puppies, should be good fun.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent yesterday at the war and peace show and just made it back to the car late afternoon before the rain started pouring down. DP bought me a present there.... a wooden sign to hang in my kitchen saying ...."bombsite, keep out". Today I'm just pottering about and getting my paperwork upstraight

18. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I love Wisley! Haven't been for a couple of years and am desperate to go back. I especially loved the bonsai trees. I wonder if there are any nice holiday activities planned there this year.

It sounds like you are vaguely in my neck of the woods. The Science festival at Kew Gardens next week sounds good - there is a voucher on Littlebirds for it too. I won't save much because I'll only be taking one child. Don't know if you are anywhere near Battersea Park but next week is Sports in the Park (or something like that). It is only £1 per child. We went last year and it was amazing. DD got to try boxing, circus skills, lots of different types of athletics, an 'army' assault course, mini golf, saw an owl display and did animal handling amongst lots of other things.

Enjoy your early birthday celebration - after your run you can eat as much cake as you like, guilt free!
    We are in Woking so probably not too far from you? I will have a look online at the Battersea Park thing, thanks.

We love Wisley too. The kids love watching the changing of the seasons.

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How's my weekend going? In the blink of an eye, that's how it went! It was a very busy weekend and I got loads done, but I can't believe it's Monday already!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    How's my weekend going? In the blink of an eye, that's how it went! It was a very busy weekend and I got loads done, but I can't believe it's Monday already!
    Haha. At least you got lots done. The worst kind of 'blink of an eye' weekends are when you don't get anything done but still didn't get the benefit of relaxing because you were so busy wasting energy thinking about all the stuff that you really must do.

For some foolish reason I thought today was a bank holiday and was thinking that everything around me would be closed/shorter hours. Not that it has made any difference to anything.