Book recommendations
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Book recommendations

I'm looking for book recommendations for my 6 year old daughter. She is fluent at reading but gets put off by books with small writing. She has enjoyed us reading her the Roald Dahl books and the Magic Faraway Tree books, but I'm looking for some more we can read to her and ones she can read herself. She's not a very princessy girl, she likes nature, numbers, superheroes, lego.

I have just read about this book:

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Amazon.co.uk: Elena Favilli, Francesca Cavallo: 9780141986005: Books

But it looks like a long wait for it to be delivered. She already has this one and loves it:

Fantastically Great Women Who Changed The World: Amazon.co.uk: Kate Pankhurst: 9781408876985: Books

Any recommendations. I'm guessing she maybe too young for the Narnia books or Harry Potter?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Books | Cheap Books | Online at Book People › ... › Rescue Princesses Collection - 10 Books
    Lost in the Snow (Holly someone Animal Stories): Amazon.co.uk: Holly someone, Sophy Williams: 9781847150103: Books

I know the rescue Princesses are about princesses - but they are not princess - they are princesses who rescue animals and do ninja moves! My DD hates princesses but she loved these books.

The RSPCA have brought out some gorgeous animal rescue story books too which we loved.

I'll put up some more when I get back from the school run. x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Books | Cheap Books | Online at Book People › ... › Rescue Princesses Collection - 10 Books
    Lost in the Snow (Holly someone Animal Stories): Amazon.co.uk: Holly someone, Sophy Williams: 9781847150103: Books

I know the rescue Princesses are about princesses - but they are not princess - they are princesses who rescue animals and do ninja moves! My DD hates princesses but she loved these books.

The RSPCA have brought out some gorgeous animal rescue story books too which we loved.

I'll put up some more when I get back from the school run. x
    Thanks Maza. I'll see if we can reserve some of those at the library.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescue-Princesses-Secret-Promise-x/dp/0857630970
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Childrens-C....../9999502059 (RSPCA books)

Born Free Lion Rescue: The True Story of Bella and Simba by Sara Starbuck (4-Jun-2015) Paperback: Amazon.co.uk: Books

The Worst Witch: Amazon.co.uk: Jill Murphy: 9780141349596: Books

Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark): Amazon.co.uk: Lucy Daniels: 9780340944363: Books There is also a 'Little Animal Ark' series which are shorter chapter books with bigger writing and your DD might be able to read those ones to herself - whereas the regular animal ark books are more for you to read to her.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-...n/.../14472730...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Kitte.../dp/0141337532

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gingers-New.../dp/1847151183

www.amazon.co.uk › Young Adult › Literature & Fiction › General (Anne Fine Bill's New Frock)

www.amazon.co.uk › Children's Books › Fiction › Animals (Willow - Animal Magic)

Steve Backshall has written some brilliant non-fiction nature books for kids. DD and my nephew love them.

Most of the books I recommended are part of a series and we have worked our way through them all over the last few years (my DD is 8). Also, a lot of the animal ones I recommended are about cats, but most of them have other other sets with different animals in them too, which will probably show up on the links.

Happy reading! x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, some of the links aren't working or I've just linked you to a general amazon page!

One was meant to say 'The Little Wooden Horse'.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What about the magic kitten books. I think it's been a while since we read them the kitten appears to children who need her. My girls both liked them
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Sorry, some of the links aren't working or I've just linked you to a general amazon page!

One was meant to say 'The Little Wooden Horse'.
    Thanks Maza. Really appreciate. I will take a look later.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    What about the magic kitten books. I think it's been a while since we read them the kitten appears to children who need her. My girls both liked them
    Thank you. I will look them up.