Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CHRISTMAS EVE

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default CHRISTMAS EVE

Its here only one more sleep till Christmas.

i hope you all have a relaxed day planned. i got the batteries yesterday so i can relax today and look forward to going the pictures later to see Rogue One.

Other than that its a peaceful day here i will prep the veg up but thats it just a chilled day tracking Santa.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes FloraDora, Maza, Mouse, sarah707 liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is my favourite day - friends ( who are my family really) arrive at 3ish - may reach 28 this year with little children too- this is my 'extended family of my childminder as the matriarch - her family and a family that attended childminder's with my children - and now their children , who are like brothers and sisters to my boys now. Laughter, catch up, games, Christmas cheer - we have been doing this for 30 years - started as a thank you to childminder has grown into strong friendships and a nice start to Christmas.
    But before that some prep to do on food! Pick ups from train station ...and a brisk walk to get some fresh air before the lovely mayhem starts.

Just reading Veggies thoughts about her home and my house , I forgot how much I like my home now childminder resources are cleared!

Happy Christmas everyone.

4. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got to tidy up today. We're going to go out to a lovely coffee shop shortly and then have a lunch out at a pizza place just down the road. It looked really festive last Christmas Eve. Church at 4, tracking Santa, sorting out Santa's mince pie/carrots etc.

Just a handful of presents left to wrap - we deliberately left DD's sewing machine until this evening because it's well hidden and we couldn't be bothered getting it out earlier only to wrap it and then have to hide it again. DH popped to a new Lidl that had recently opened up near us and couldn't resist buying a couple of extra gifts for DD. They look really good quality too, didn't realise they did toys there.

I have to drop off a couple of a couple of meals to friends - one lady is a self employed hairdresser, single mum, who slipped and broke her wrist last week and so we're all taking it in turns to deliver a meal to her. Another is a friend who sadly had a still birth a couple of weeks ago.

Have set 'record' for lots of things including 'The Snowman' - that immediately makes me feel Christmasy, and Mouse's fave 'Muppet's Christmas Carol'.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. x

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Its here only one more sleep till Christmas.

i hope you all have a relaxed day planned. i got the batteries yesterday so i can relax today and look forward to going the pictures later to see Rogue One.

Other than that its a peaceful day here i will prep the veg up but thats it just a chilled day tracking Santa.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone
    Good morning ...

Woke up at 6am discovering that one of the cats had wee'd on our bed in the night! ... DH and I stripped bed, remade it, put wet bedding in wash, rinsed duvet and put over airer and went back to
    bed.
    7am DD appears saying she feels hot and sick .... gets in bed with me then rushes to bathroom and is sick! (Thankfully not on our bed! and 'only' mucas)
    8am decided sleep was not going to happen so DD and went down and watched Nativity 2 !

Is it too early to start on Christmas Chocolates?!

Just need to prep veggies for lunch tomorrow and make a chocolate log. We are meant to be going for a walk on the beach later, DD is looking bright so we might go out for fresh air.

And i'm going to need to fit in an afternoon nap as I'm singing at midnight mass tonight!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone xxx

Edited to say how lovely Maza, to take meals to your friends. X
    Last edited by loocyloo; 24-12-2016 at 09:40 AM.

8. Likes Maza, Mouse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lazy morning in pj s still, boiling ham, panto this afternoon with lovely mum in law, it's her first Christmas away from home town in 78 years, then prep and sort pressies later xxx

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I'll be popping paracetamol and hoping what feels like flu doesn't actually turn into flu!

We've got all our children and their partners coming for brunch then we'll have a quiet afternoon before everyone comes back again this evening for our traditional 'silly Christmas Eve present' opening. It started a few years ago when the children were younger and we'd have Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. We'd give them one present each to open after the meal. It was always something cheap and silly, but often turned out to be their favourite Christmas toy! Now we eat our main meal on Christmas Day, but the silly Christmas Eve presents have become a tradition!

12. Likes Maza, SYLVIA liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a quiet house now. Both my daughters are having Xmas with their dad in York, the first time in 20 years. So me and DP are looking forward to our first Christmas on our own since we met 15 years ago. The house is tidy, the food goodies are out on display and the pressies are under the tree. Off out for a drink and something to eat. Everyone keeps asking if I'm not bothering to do dinner tomorrow because there's only the 2 of us instead of the usual crowd. But I'm really looking forward to a special Christmas with the one I love

14. Likes BallyH liked this post