Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Favourite Christmas Movies

Folowing on the christmas song thread...................................

I am a bit lacking on the christmas film watching - alot of the classics i havent seen so which ones are your favourites?

Mine is Home Alone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be watching this thread with interest!

I also like Home Alone. The Grinch is lovely. Mouse will say Muppet's Christmas Carol but I haven't seen that one yet. I do love Scrooge though. I've never seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' but everyone loves it. We never really took to Polar Express. We do love The Snowman and The Snow Dog. I guess Love Actually is a Christmas Movie too - I love that one. I love the really cheesy ones but I never know what they are called. There's quite a cute one with Ben Affleck where he borrows a family for Christmas.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Home Alone too as it was a favourite of my 2 boys as they were growing up..I love Miracle on 34th street (the newer version) it was on Sunday.
    Pixie Dust

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

I also like Home Alone. The Grinch is lovely. Mouse will say Muppet's Christmas Carol but I haven't seen that one yet. I do love Scrooge though. I've never seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' but everyone loves it. We never really took to Polar Express. We do love The Snowman and The Snow Dog. I guess Love Actually is a Christmas Movie too - I love that one. I love the really cheesy ones but I never know what they are called. There's quite a cute one with Ben Affleck where he borrows a family for Christmas.
    Oh how could I forget the muppets christmas carol i remember seeing it when it first came out on christmas Eve before we started the late shift and we kept singing one more sleep till christmas. I probably still have it on video somewhere. Not a big lover of the polar express I feel it tries too hard.

Not seen Its a wonderful life, the grinch or the snowman.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I love Home Alone too as it was a favourite of my 2 boys as they were growing up..I love Miracle on 34th street (the newer version) it was on Sunday.
    Not seen the miracle on 34th street

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Miracle on 34th street always on my list to watch. I love white Christmas too. I like all the cheesy ones too but I just can't stand the grinch.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Miracle on 34th street always on my list to watch. I love white Christmas too. I like all the cheesy ones too but I just can't stand the grinch.
    Love Grinch! ( Which is odd as I usually loathe Jim Carey! )
    Love Muppets Christmas Carol and White Christmas, but for me it has to be The Nightmare before Christmas.

Don't really like home alone or polar express.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Ha ha! You know me very well!

Muppet Christmas Carol is definitely my favourite, followed by Nightmare Before Christmas. Other than that, I haven't really got any favourites. I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon watching cheesy movies. Like you say, I haven't a clue what they were called, but Christmas is the only time I can sit and watch them without cringing too much!

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Not seen White Christmas

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Love Grinch! ( Which is odd as I usually loathe Jim Carey! )
    Love Muppets Christmas Carol and White Christmas, but for me it has to be The Nightmare before Christmas.

Don't really like home alone or polar express.
    Not seen nightmare before Christmas but eldest dd has been saying we have to watch it this year

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its not officially a xmas film , but the wizard of oz was on telly every christmas day when i was a child ...its my favourite by far xx

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how we assossicate films with different times. The first time I watched Mary poppins was Christmas Eve afternoon whilst standing up, rocking my teething 5mth old baby to keep her quiet. I always think of Christmas when I see that film now.
    I don't like home alone films either

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Miracle on 34th Street. Although the plot differs significantly between the 1947 and 1994 versions, they are both excellent, each in their own way.

Love Actually - always makes me laugh (a lot), cry (even more), and want to slap the Kiera Knightly character.

Muppets Christmas Carol - and a Dickens expert at the Dickens Museum told me (one Christmas Day) she regards it as the best film interpretation of the book.

Die Hard - great performances. pure indulgence, cocky scripting in which Bruce Willis clearly revels.

Oddly enough, I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life all the way through in one sitting. I've tried mny times, but always get interrupted. So I aim to put that right this year by treating myself to a Christmas Eve showing at my local independent cinema.

Now, does The Gruffalo's Child count as a Christmas movie...?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As a child, It's a wonderful life was Definately a winner.
    As my boys grew up Santa Claus the movie was Definately a favourite.
    But nothing can replace the wonderful feeling I had when the Snowman was first shown. It was an awe and wonder mom
    moment, nothing had been made like this before, silence....totally focus
    ed ...all the children and adults were Hooked. When I watch it now that same memory returns...but I see that it isn't the same awe and wonder now.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 07-12-2016 at 10:30 PM.

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Gremlins - love it!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesncream View Post
    Gremlins - love it!
    I think Gremlins says something about Santa not being real though. I put it on last year for DD and couldn't believe it. DH was really cross with me but thankfully it was above DD's head.