Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Each year, for DD's birthday I make a lovely display of pastel bunting and pink and white pearlised balloons at the ends of it and then bunches of pink and white balloons with streamers at the corner of a couple of prominent doorways and it looks lovely even if I say so myself. Last year, however, DH suggested we recreate it using Christmas coloured balloons - and it looked awful. It really irritated me. It just reminded me of a kiddies party. Is it just me who thinks balloons are a no-no when it comes to Christmas decorations? He suggested it again the other night.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Each year, for DD's birthday I make a lovely display of pastel bunting and pink and white pearlised balloons at the ends of it and then bunches of pink and white balloons with streamers at the corner of a couple of prominent doorways and it looks lovely even if I say so myself. Last year, however, DH suggested we recreate it using Christmas coloured balloons - and it looked awful. It really irritated me. It just reminded me of a kiddies party. Is it just me who thinks balloons are a no-no when it comes to Christmas decorations? He suggested it again the other night.
    As a child we had coloured balloons on our Christmas tree plus 3 or 4 sellotaped in the corners of the room. Then those gold shiny decorations criss crossed below the ceiling all meeting on the middle light socket. And jazzy 70's wall paper. My word. No wonder my mother loved vodka but that's a different thread all together.

3. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    As a child we had coloured balloons on our Christmas tree plus 3 or 4 sellotaped in the corners of the room. Then those gold shiny decorations criss crossed below the ceiling all meeting on the middle light socket. And jazzy 70's wall paper. My word. No wonder my mother loved vodka but that's a different thread all together.
    DH is becoming nostalgic for those 60's Christmas's - he came in the other day with paper chain strips ' for the children to make'. I am not sure where he thinks they will go once made.....confined to the music room I'm thinking as we do put a little tree in there ( actually just a bedroom with lots of instruments and the piano in there. ) the boys always have a bit of a play when they are home....just hope DH is ok with this and doesn't request a main room! I'm thinking since it is also where he plays vinyls I could let him have the full blown decorations of his child hood- complete with blue peter advent candle holder made of 2 coat hangers which I noticed he 'claimed' when we were clearing his mum's house.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling very festive now. Just returned from the O2 seeing Rod Stewart. It was all Christmas lights up there and the atmosphere was great

I saw him in concert in 1975 and it was even better this time.

7. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Feeling very festive now. Just returned from the O2 seeing Rod Stewart. It was all Christmas lights up there and the atmosphere was great

I saw him in concert in 1975 and it was even better this time.
    Lucky you!
    I saw him in Stoke on Trent on December 1st 1974, I expect it was the same tour.
    I had never heard of Stoke on Trent at the time and went on a coach there....little did I know then that my future husband would come from there.
    Rod Stewart was a big part of my teenage years - although I can't help remembering a 'too close' experience whilst dancing with a smelly lad to Maggie May at the church youth club Christmas party and if I hear the song now it takes me right back to that moment!
    Good to hear that he still sings well, lots of my era of bands that are still touring don't always have the choice to do so now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12