Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Friday night

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Friday night

Well its friday night and I have the dreaded lurgy. A cough that wont go away and i feel generally awful so i have been ordered to bed to rest. I must look ill as the dh has told him how bad i look

So cheer me up and tell me of your lovely weekend plans - only thing i have planned id ds football on sunday.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Fussy hope you feel better soon.

It's DD's 8th birthday party tomorrow and we are doing a Harry Potter theme. I was rather ambitious in my planning and have so much to do. I'm exhausted already. She wanted to make her own cake and at first I thought it was a wonderful idea, but now I realise it would have been far, far quicker to do it myself. She's about to start piping some lightening scars all over it. Then she wants to ice the biscuits that she made earlier in the week. The house is getting messier by the minute and I've still got the games to prepare - each one I planned seems to need about a million props.

Out of interest, do you all do (if you do them) the sandwiches on the day of the party or the night before and cling wrap them in the fridge?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well its friday night and I have the dreaded lurgy. A cough that wont go away and i feel generally awful so i have been ordered to bed to rest. I must look ill as the dh has told him how bad i look

So cheer me up and tell me of your lovely weekend plans - only thing i have planned id ds football on sunday.
    Get better soon Fussy.

I'm losing my voice which is not great as with a friend, I'm running a stall at the local Christmas market all day tomorrow! Luckily I'm inside though, as some people have outside stalls. Our stall is in aid of dance school so my house is full of pretty dance type gifts plus little Christmas bits, and hopefully some baking donations show up!

The rest of the weekend I have no plans apart from church on Sunday morning apart from sleeping 😊

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you feel better soon, I am off out with friends tomorrow night then off to a Christmas Market Sunday so hoping it stays dry. Happy weekend everyone x
    Pixie Dust

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Fussy, I do hope it is a swift recovery.
    I have also had a cold this week- came home early last weekend and spent all day Monday ( not a working day) watching tv on the sofa under a blanket instead of wallowing in that outdoor hot tub ( DH said I brought it on myself by having negative thoughts about the hot tub!) .
    So far this evening I have spoken to both lads and browsed the Internet. We have the coal fire on and are cosied in. My lovely friends with the hot tub have a huge house that is beautifully decorated - but not cosy, I decided last weekend as the storm hit the south and we could watch it through their vast Windows that I actually like cosy over large and immaculately furnished... DH was so pleased as usually I return with lots of house improvement ideas.

Plans for this weekend: sort out the boys bedroom as one is coming home next weekend and it currently resembles a bit of a junk room. I use all the other rooms for the LO's so everything waiting to go in the loft waits in there.
    Sunday is going to be spent with old friends, Sunday service at their church and then Sunday lunch at theirs....nice for us.
    We are keenly taking photos of robins for our Christmas cards this year, but just can't get that perfect shot...so Monday will be spent at the RSPB centre/ our garden with cameras at the ready....or an order for Oxfam cards awaits.

I think it is lovely that your daughter loves baking Maza, you never see the messy kitchens on bake off!
    I would make sandwiches on the day...though it's my experience that under 10's are not big sandwich eaters....so don't make too many. My oldest was the Harry Potter fan- they were being written as he grew up, we awaited every new book with excitement...its interesting that 8 year olds are now interested big time...he is 30 now.
    Happy last November weekend everyone..December and therefore legitimate Christmas discussions starts next week!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Floradora. To be honest the children have all loved the sandwiches the last few years - I think maybe because they all get a hot cooked lunch at school that sandwiches are a novelty - I used to have packed lunches and so I had sandwiches everyday. We have mountains of cookie cutters and so we shape the sandwiches to match the theme. I use all the cut offs for other random things in the week so it's not wasteful, just time consuming, but I love the effect.

I can tell I am getting too tired because I just made my icing with cornflour instead of icing sugar! I was wondering why it wasn't all binding together properly! In the bin it went. What a waste. I've just sent DH into the kitchen to fill up the dishwasher so that I can find some working/breathing space.

So you didn't do the hot tub? Loocyloo I hope you find your voice!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you feel better soon Fussy.

I had an unexpected day off yesterday and don't work on a Friday, so have had a lovely couple of days before the weekend even starts! This afternoon I finished off DH's and DD's advent calendar presents so they're all ready for next week. I don't buy them an advent calendar but wrap 24 little presents for them so they get to open one each day. I started doing that last year and I can see it's going to become a new tradition. I don't put anything fancy in and in fact a lot of DD's things are bits I've got free or as part of a deal with something else.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

So you didn't do the hot tub? Loocyloo I hope you find your voice!
    Briefly On Saturday night - with a menthol vapour which helped my cold...but not really my cup of tea..with taking cold relief I couldn't really join in the drinking, which could have helped.

It was surprisingly warm even though very cold temps outdoors. Not something that has made me come home and think I want one.
    If you do have one though, They have a great set up of adjoining lodge thing where you can change which is heated and facilities to cook etc..and hang out....so I had a hot toddy on exit..
    The tip of tucking skirt in to leg elastic worked, but doing it discreetly was a no no...it's a good job they were very old friends who know me well.

Good point about the sandwich reasoning...I don't suppose children have lots of opportunity to eat sandwiches now.
    Hope you have a lovely day.

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon.