Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Look...it's nearly here...

...the weekend is on its way!

It's actually already here for those of us who don't work Fridays, but for those who do, keep going, you're nearly there

We've got lovely sunshine again today, although it's much colder than it has been. As I haven't got any children here I've got the hedge clippers out and I'm off into the garden to give the bushes a good trim. DH will go mad because I cut them way back and he prefers them with a bit more growth. I've told him if he's that fussy about having bushier bushes he ought to get out there and do them himself.

So, what's everyone got planned for today and the weekend? I think we're heading off to see DS at uni on Sunday, mainly to drop off the things he forgot to take with him!

2. Likes singingcactus, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) only 4 more hours ....

Had squidgy baby to visit ... stayed without mum ... Both babe and mum fine :-) lol ... babe rolled over ... First time! Told mum very close to rolling!
    Busy with playdough and quiet afternoon.

Manic with my children and activities afterschool :-)
    Not sure what we're up to tomorrow ... Need to buy school coats etc.
    (Can anyone suggest a good place for warm, waterproof coats that don't cost a fortune ?! ..I've always bought 'result rugged stuff' coats online .. But apparently my children won't wear them now! Thanks)

Sunday a multitude of panto auditions and rehearsals, football and harvest festivals!
    Going to need a rest on Monday!

4. Likes singingcactus liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to visit my twins at uni tomorrow Then sunday one of my old family of mindees are coming for another visit.

In between times I'll be stripping the 70 odd years of paint and varnish layers from the stairs, ready for me to repaint. Seems so futile now I've written it down

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh loocyloo, is it panto audition time again?!

Mouse and Singingcactus - enjoy seeing your babies at university.

DD's friend is over for playdate/dinner tonight. It's so much nicer now that they are old enough to come without their mums and so you don't have to make sure the place is spotless!

Tomorrow is Parkrun for me. Last week I was a bit slower than usual,(not fast at the best of times) so I've had a couple of practise runs this week.

Sunday is our monthly Nature Club in the woods, so DD and I are looking forward to that.

There is a local art trail in our village this weekend - might go on it if I am feeling brave. Have any of you been to one? They seem to be happening more and more around here. They are usually based in local residents houses and so I don't know if it would seem awkward?

Also. our local national trust place has 'Apple Weekend' with various sweet little activities arranged. DD wants to go to the Natural History Museum, but not sure if we'll have the energy for that. Might have to wait until half term.

And of course we'll be watching Strictly!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a nice walk in the woods this morning collecting pine corns etc. Made sticky acorn pictures this afternoon and a nice trip to the park. A couple of hours to go then I'm off to Devon for a week.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Gosh loocyloo, is it panto audition time again?!
    Lol ... First panto audition was in July! That panto started rehearsals beginning of September and performances are middle of December. Dd is in chorus for this one, so generally rehearsals on Sunday afternoon 3 weeks out of 4.
    This audition is for a panto in January! This is for dancing and will have a dozen or so rehearsals between now and then IF she gets in! Dd is really too old to be a Junior dancer, but too small for a Senior dancer ....
    so dilemma over even auditioning!

DD did ask about auditioning for big professional panto in local city ... But we decided she had enough on her plate!

11. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    ...the weekend is on its way!

It's actually already here for those of us who don't work Fridays, but for those who do, keep going, you're nearly there

We've got lovely sunshine again today, although it's much colder than it has been. As I haven't got any children here I've got the hedge clippers out and I'm off into the garden to give the bushes a good trim. DH will go mad because I cut them way back and he prefers them with a bit more growth. I've told him if he's that fussy about having bushier bushes he ought to get out there and do them himself.

So, what's everyone got planned for today and the weekend? I think we're heading off to see DS at uni on Sunday, mainly to drop off the things he forgot to take with him!
    Yay finished love an early finish on a Friday.

Plans for the weekend both dd and ds have football games. Other than that we have very little planned. Hoping to keep it that way. Lucky dh is here this weekend so it won't be 5 hours out of the house with traveling for dd.

Have fun everyone
    Enjoy your uni visits hopefully this will be us next year.
    Maza the art trail sounds interesting go and report back. I think I would like a mosey in people's houses.
    Loocyloo you always have such busy weekends
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Had a nice walk in the woods this morning collecting pine corns etc. Made sticky acorn pictures this afternoon and a nice trip to the park. A couple of hours to go then I'm off to Devon for a week.
    Hope the weather holds
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes SYLVIA liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Hope the weather holds
    This time of year any dry days a bonus. Once I get my ice cream and a cream tea I'll be in my element whatever the weather!!

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post