Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new phone!

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Arghhh ... dh finally talked me into updating my phone ... so after three and a half years, I'm getting to grips with a new phone!
    It is still samsung and just a newer model more or less. (A3 2016 model)

More memory and better camera, but arghhh .. i also have a Samsung tablet, and it seems to have synched to that! ..

But i just can't find anything! I used to have 'widgets' that gave me a 'note book' open on the screen ..a bit like a sticky note so i could write a note such as 'pick up dd dance 7pm' so that every time i looked at my phone i saw it ... that option doesn't seem to exsist! Can anyone help? !

Edited to say i found it! But still got random things appearing on screen that I don't want and can't get rid of!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 05-10-2016 at 09:19 AM.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Arghhh ... dh finally talked me into updating my phone ... so after three and a half years, I'm getting to grips with a new phone!
    It is still samsung and just a newer model more or less. (A3 2016 model)

More memory and better camera, but arghhh .. i also have a Samsung tablet, and it seems to have synched to that! ..

But i just can't find anything! I used to have 'widgets' that gave me a 'note book' open on the screen ..a bit like a sticky note so i could write a note such as 'pick up dd dance 7pm' so that every time i looked at my phone i saw it ... that option doesn't seem to exsist! Can anyone help? !

Edited to say i found it! But still got random things appearing on screen that I don't want and can't get rid of!
    Sorry can't help with your query - I'm still trying to work out my new phone (only had it since January), it's very different from my nokia brick, but the camera is great.

3. Likes loocyloo, chris goodyear liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sorry can't help with your query - I'm still trying to work out my new phone (only had it since January), it's very different from my nokia brick, but the camera is great.
    mine keeps pinging/ringing/beeping at me everytime I get an email/message or notification of some random event ... I thought I'd turned them all off! apparently not! i'll have to give it to ds when he gets home!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I watch tips and hints on YouTube - they are great for learning about different ways to do things and shortcuts - you can also ask about specific things and someone will have probably explained it

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate, hate, hate getting a new phone. Whenever DH tries to explain/show something to me I completely glaze over after about one second. He gets so exasperated with me when I ask him to show me for the millionth time, but we both know I'll never change.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I watch tips and hints on YouTube - they are great for learning about different ways to do things and shortcuts - you can also ask about specific things and someone will have probably explained it
    I didn't think of that! Thanks x

All I need to do now is find a way of removing all the random stuff that comes on the phone, that I don't want/need but takes up memory ☺

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I hate, hate, hate getting a new phone. Whenever DH tries to explain/show something to me I completely glaze over after about one second. He gets so exasperated with me when I ask him to show me for the millionth time, but we both know I'll never change.
    It has taken dh a year to get me to upgrade my phone!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has taken dh a year to get me to upgrade my phone!
    And now I remember what someone else said ... you can't reply or start a new thread without quoting from a previous one. How annoying!

Hmmmm might have to use it on the Internet not the app. :0 (

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And now I remember what someone else said ... you can't reply or start a new thread without quoting from a previous one. How annoying!

Hmmmm might have to use it on the Internet not the app. :0 (
    Yes it's a downfall of newer phone. They get smarter but apps like this can't keep up :-(
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door