Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Friday night

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Friday night

Has started well i got an early finish totally wasted it though by watching the tennis

The football season has well and truely started dd2 and ds2 both have games over the weekend. Dd has dance rehearsal the show is looming up fast just placed the first dance order of shoes and tights. Why are dance tights so expensive?? Ds 1 has a cadet parade on the sunday also. The manic weekends are back with a vengence.

I also feel the need to go to blackpool just for the trashy arcades, doughnuts, candyfloss and fish and chips.

Have a good weekend everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about Blackpool the other day. Feel like I am depriving my 7 year old because she has never been, lol. It was right up there with Disney Land (well, almost) when I was a kid.

Do they still do donkeys on the beach?

When do the illuminations start?

Can you still ride in a horse and carriage (cart) along the sea front?

Is the beach any cleaner?

Can you recommend anywhere decent but cheapish to stay? Anywhere which doesn't attract stag/hen parties...

Do they still have the 'laughing man' on the pleasure beach?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I was thinking about Blackpool the other day. Feel like I am depriving my 7 year old because she has never been, lol. It was right up there with Disney Land (well, almost) when I was a kid.

Do they still do donkeys on the beach?

Yes

When do the illuminations start?

It says the 2nd September till 6th november

Can you still ride in a horse and carriage (cart) along the sea front?

Yes

Is the beach any cleaner?

Yes

Can you recommend anywhere decent but cheapish to stay? Anywhere which doesn't attract stag/hen parties...

Not stayed over since dd was 5 she's now near 18

Do they still have the 'laughing man' on the pleasure beach?

I don't remember seeing him last time he went doesn't mean he's not there
    DS 9 and dd 8 loved it when we went for a visit earlier in the year.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We had a brilliant Friday night (and rest of the weekend!) We've been away at FIELD OF DREAMS- an Aircooled VW festival near York. Lots of friends, good music, good food and lovely classic VWs :-)
    Weather has been so lovely, we feel as if we've been on holiday and have all come home a bit red from the sun!

I did nearly all the weekend jobs before we went on Friday, just washing all school shirts/pe kits etc ready for tomorrow.

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My weekend has gone in a blur, but I don't seem to have achieved much.

My eldest son came home for the night on Friday. He didn't get here till late (gone 11pm) and I'd stupidly told him to phone me as he was getting close and I'd make him something to eat.

Saturday was manic as all of my children were here, along with my grandson. It's lovely when we all get together, but boy, is it loud! Once the eldest had set off for home and everyone else had gone off to do their own thing, DH & I went to do the food shop. On the way home I stopped off at a friend's house where I had a coffee and a good gossip. I made sure I stayed out long enough for DH to put the shopping away and for him to get over his annoyance that he couldn't fit everything in the freezer with rearranging it all!

Today the weather has been lovely so I've been outside painting the fences. I'm now sitting making a list of everything my youngest DS needs for when he goes to uni next week. We're bound to forget something

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    We had a brilliant Friday night (and rest of the weekend!) We've been away at FIELD OF DREAMS- an Aircooled VW festival near York. Lots of friends, good music, good food and lovely classic VWs :-)
    Weather has been so lovely, we feel as if we've been on holiday and have all come home a bit red from the sun!

I did nearly all the weekend jobs before we went on Friday, just washing all school shirts/pe kits etc ready for tomorrow.

Isn't it amazing how long you can make chores take, and how quickly you can actually get them done when you really need to. Friday is usually my day to sort the flat from top to bottom and it usually takes me the whole of the day - from school drop off to school pick up. I was meeting a friend at lunch time the other week and was amazed/rather perturbed that I got everything done in two and a half hours. The following week I just couldn't get it done in two and a half hours when I had no one to meet.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Busy weekend here too!
    Went to Cumbria to see my little nephew before he starts not being as much of a baby
    Bless him, hes only 3 months old, but my brother and SIL have busy weekends so trying to coordinate a get together can be a bit of a military operation

Managed to get all the washing done before we left, in between the 4 various school/preschool runs and other important CM duties, but failed on getting the house as straight as I'd planned, so came home to a mess late last night

Ah well, it was worth it, nephew is having loads of wakey sessions, and for some reason thinks I'm hilarious

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a very emotional weekend as my youngest went to uni at the weekend, I had managed to keep all my emotions in until it was the moment to leave then the tears came ......he is my baby and now I have an empty nest.....on the bright side he has settled well, already making friends and I know he will have a great time.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Had a very emotional weekend as my youngest went to uni at the weekend, I had managed to keep all my emotions in until it was the moment to leave then the tears came ......he is my baby and now I have an empty nest.....on the bright side he has settled well, already making friends and I know he will have a great time.
    Oh I do feel for you. My 2nd son has gone also. They really rushed us. When we pulled up at the Uni they said that due to limited parking spaces and the volume of traffic we had 20 minutes to register, unload the car, unpack and say goodbye! I thought I was going to cry there and then.

I spent all Sunday evening wondering if anyone had spoken to him yet but was woken at 2.30am by a text claiming everyone was really friendly and he was on his way to a nightclub. So at least so far so good, lets hope he's as keen when the lectures start and he has to do his first load of washing.

14. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to start a "support for mums with children off to uni" group!

DS goes this weekend. I think we're all ready now. We went to get the last of his bits & bobs last night and have packed them all up today. I need to wash his new bedding...but then I think I should be letting him wash it himself to give him the practice

16. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, BallyH liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you have experienced it, I rather think that your children going to uni / moving out is like hearing about having a baby- it always brings back the memory and emotional feelings you had when you experienced it!
    My neighbours two boys were going/ returning for third year this weekend and I felt a real pang as I watched them drive off.
    Similarly reading your accounts has made me a little reflective, I feel for you all. We want our children to do well and reach their potential, but the uni experience we know will make or break them......and there is little we can do now to support. They are on their own, they are excited and daunted, you are equally.
    Totally weird motherly feeling I think.
    The 2.30a.m phone call made me smile.

18. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    If you have experienced it, I rather think that your children going to uni / moving out is like hearing about having a baby- it always brings back the memory and emotional feelings you had when you experienced it! My neighbours two boys were going/ returning for third year this weekend and I felt a real pang as I watched them drive off. Similarly reading your accounts has made me a little reflective, I feel for you all. We want our children to do well and reach their potential, but the uni experience we know will make or break them......and there is little we can do now to support. They are on their own, they are excited and daunted, you are equally. Totally weird motherly feeling I think. The 2.30a.m phone call made me smile.
    I don't think it's fair to say uni will make or break them...I know plenty of people who dropped out for various reasons but have gone on to have good careers, lovely families etc etc it's just maybe they made the wrong decision about A course at the time, or it wasn't the right time for them...17 is really so young in the scheme of your life.