Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1st September

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 1st September

I don't know how to feel about it being September. The year seems to have gone so quick.

The holidays are almost over and it will soon be dark nights.

I think I'm suffering from post summer blues. Though no doubt September will be glorious.

Autumn and winter bring their own delights but I think I could do with summer holidays being another 2/3 weeks.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same , I always feel down as summer wanes ...its such a long long time til next May when everything brightens up again.

Last couple of summer holiday days so lets enjoy them x

3. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I could do with another couple of weeks holiday because we haven't done all of our trips and activities that were on our lists. On the other hand, I am so, so happy to be over the heatwave. Yesterday we were in a lovely park and there was a beautiful tree with some Autumn leaves and a couple of people actually wearing cardigans - it made me so happy! It was so much more comfortable.

Today we are off to the last craft session at our National trust place, tomorrow we are off to London zoo, Saturday Park run and then shopping for school shoes -hope they haven't sold out! My name labels for the uniform haven't arrived yet either. Sunday, Junior parkrun and then we are trying a new nature club that I have just discovered.

I'm back to work/school on Monday, boo hoo, but DD doesn't go back until Tuesday. Slight panic earlier in the week thinking that we haven't practised the times tables as much as we were supposed to (or as much as her friends seem to have done) but we have been so busy and relaxed.

Happy September everyone!

5. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure this year is going faster than normal! Before we know it it'll be Christmas

DD doesn't go back to school until 12th Sept, so we've got a bit longer yet to sort out school uniform. I'm sure she has tried on every pair of black trousers in town, but none of them are right. She's now decided it's because her ankles are too skinny so all the trousers are too wide! She tried on a pair last night and declared they were "flapping round her ankles" - you'd have been doing well if you could have fitted a little finger inside the hem, but apparently that's still too wide. I've now got a hundred more pairs on order from various websites, so let's hope one of them fits properly

7. Likes Maza, loocyloo, FloraDora, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Soon be Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! knew that would annoy everyone Ha,Ha

9. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I thought every year went fast, but this one is simply whizzing by.

mindees all go back to school on Tuesday, DD & DS back to school on Wednesday. and by the following week, I should have sorted everything and everyone into 'what happens when' and start to feel 'in control' HA! I can dream!

xx

11. Likes Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have still got 2 days holiday next week and weather looking good so plan to make the most of it. I don't feel that ive made the most of this summer with trips and activities as I have a couple of very young mindees who wouldn't cope with our usual long days out so we have only been to local parks, walks etc. But the children seem to have enjoyed playing in the garden and making the most of resources they don't usually take notice of I will be sad to see them going off to school next week though

13. Likes Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    We have still got 2 days holiday next week and weather looking good so plan to make the most of it. I don't feel that ive made the most of this summer with trips and activities as I have a couple of very young mindees who wouldn't cope with our usual long days out so we have only been to local parks, walks etc. But the children seem to have enjoyed playing in the garden and making the most of resources they don't usually take notice of I will be sad to see them going off to school next week though
    I also will be sad to see them go to school. I loose 3 and I've had one from 6mths old, 4 x 10 hour days a week. So a big loss.

15. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have said goodbye to hundreds of children over a 40 year teaching career, each time is concerning and a bit sad as they leave your class or go up to high school .....but nothing like the heart wrenching that happens when LO's I have looked after go to school! I have had one a couple of sessions this week as a freebie so that her mum can go into school to prepare for her new class - we said goodbye in July ....I have loved having her here as she talked about the new school on Monday and her uniform and how she will come sometimes " when my teachers have to learn new things".

17. Likes Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree, this year seems to have flown by!, with these school holidays appearing to have gone much quicker than previously - could have done with an extra week or two to get everything on our hit list done

I only have one going up to 'big school' this year, and I've still got him before and after school, so am really looking forward to hearing his 'news of the day' on this, his next adventure.

Next year I feel will be harder as I'll have 2 going up, one I've had since 9 months old, and the other from 18 months (provided of course there are no changes to the status quo beforehand lol)
    I'll admit, I'm dreading the quiet without them two already

For now though, I'm looking forward to our autumn walks and nature hunts, hot chocolate drinks, and revamping my garden before the winter sets in.

Happy Autumn!

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    I agree, this year seems to have flown by!, with these school holidays appearing to have gone much quicker than previously - could have done with an extra week or two to get everything on our hit list done

I only have one going up to 'big school' this year, and I've still got him before and after school, so am really looking forward to hearing his 'news of the day' on this, his next adventure.

Next year I feel will be harder as I'll have 2 going up, one I've had since 9 months old, and the other from 18 months (provided of course there are no changes to the status quo beforehand lol)
    I'll admit, I'm dreading the quiet without them two already

For now though, I'm looking forward to our autumn walks and nature hunts, hot chocolate drinks, and revamping my garden before the winter sets in.
    Happy Autumn!
    It sounds so lovely when you put it like that! I love Autumn.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I've given up my after school children, so lots of goodbyes last week as they went back to school. Just one to go as he starts school this week, have had him since he was four months and am finding it difficult already . On the plus side my new tiny started last week and have a new one pencilled in for next September

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly the summer has gone really quickly, if not the whole year.

We won't get back into any proper pattern until next week. Between the village school, preschool and the educational establishments where some clients teach/work, the start dates are staggered across this whole week, giving me some annoying days with only 1 or 2 children. Not worth working for the money, but can't take the day off in all fairness.

I wasn't expecting many changes, but no fewer than 5 children will start at preschool or similar this month. A bit of a surprise as one of them only turrned 3yo last month, and the rest are still 2yo. Only one left altogether; others mean reduced hours, but I've shuffled things round a bit and have pretty much filled the spaces, albeit the new lo's won't start until a few weeks/months down the line.

I'm fending off the usual round of wacky mums who've left it to the last minute to set up wraparound care for the new school year. They are well up the creek, as all the local CMs are as full as we want to be on most days for school run.

A hugely entertaining fight is breaking out within the CM group to which I used to belong: aka 'The CMing Mafia'. One of the chief members, who used to spend a lot of time sl**ing off nurseries has gone and..... you guessed it..... opened a nursery, and seems set on pinching a few clients from her erstwhile "colleagues" in their particular town.

23. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    A hugely entertaining fight is breaking out within the CM group to which I used to belong: aka 'The CMing Mafia'. One of the chief members, who used to spend a lot of time sl**ing off nurseries has gone and..... you guessed it..... opened a nursery, and seems set on pinching a few clients from her erstwhile "colleagues" in their particular town.
    Oh dear! Lol
    Are you selling tickets...?

25. Likes loocyloo, bunyip, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our local schools went back today , the reality has set in on how quiet it will be here as 3 out of my 5 little ones start school this week.(2 have finished as I don't collect from their schools.) down to just the 2 little ones it some days I will just have the 1 which is a bit of a shock to the system after having had 3 all day 5 times a week !
    Pixie Dust