Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    For the 2nd year now our High school is selling every item of uniform! All skirts and trousers etc have to be bought from them. Or consequences. So at least even the 'cool' kids will be wearing the same trousers as my son. I'm relieved to be honest. Oh and the parents of girls have received a letter stating that this is the final chance for the girls not to loose the choice of wearing skirts because some still roll them up too short.

Am feeling your pain.
    I wish we had to get every item of uniform from the school shop! Girls skirts are easier to buy from uniform shop, as that way I know it is the correct one! however, you are limited on the length of skirt you can buy and I had to phone the online company and physically request a smaller and shorter skirt! because although DD isn't tiny, the smallest one our school sell, fell down when she tried it on, and even when I took it in with a safety pin, was way below her knees!

When I was at secondary school, we had to get everything from the schools section at local department store! I think boys could buy white shirts anywhere, but our uniform was so precise, you had no choice! ... boys in suits of one design and girls in a different style skirt each year ( so you knew what year any girl was in! ) and bright blue blouses !!!

DH has said to ignore the tantrum ( easy, when he is not here! but equally just what I would say to anyone with a small child! ) and not to return trousers and come September he will have to wear them !!! bagsy me not being here that first morning back to school!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 08-08-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I sobbed in the shoe shop last year when my then 9 1/2 year old was measured as an adult size 8, and the ONLY pair of shoes in the whole shop where in beige and would be similar to shoes sold in Granny magazines. I'm a 8/12 or 9, so should have expected it really. It's sad when your now 10 year old nicks my converse.