Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1st August

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 1st August

Gosh this year seems to be going very quickly at this rate i will soon be doing snow watch.

We have had a very lazy sort of day but the weather has been strange warm but lots of drizzle never enough to get you wet just annoying.

I think a film night ans snuggles of the settee are the order of the night and plenty of chocolate
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'Snow watch!' That made me laugh!

I'm just looking out of my living room window and I can see a few leaves on the trees turning red/orange...

As soon as September arrives I start to feel autumnal - my favourite season - and feel like I am on the countdown to Christmas. Normally I build up a stash of pressies, stocking fillers or seasonal crafts but so far I have only got DD one book, about a Scottish wildcat, from a book sale at school. I love having a stash - don't know why I haven't been able to start it this year.

But I mustn't wish my Summer away!

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

! LOL, I usually have started my stocking 'stash' by now, but as my 2 get older, I'm finding it harder and harder, plus they are both growing at a rate of knots, so I have no idea what size clothes/footwear to buy! PLUS, its started to get risky to buy things without their consideration!

it's YORKSHIRE day today we've had a warm and dry day, with a bit of cloud as I wasn't working, we spent the day at flamingoland soon, they won't want to come with me! and i'll have to go and visit all the animals on my own!

and yes, this year does seem to be flying by even faster than usual!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like September. I feel sad that summers gone. I miss the mindees when they go back to school. It's always nice weather and I want to go and steal them out of their class and have another day out with them. It's back to clock watching n school runs.

8. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I set out to blitz the music room today...then found my DH's inherited stamp albums ....I sat down and that was it, I was enthralled, the art work is wonderful on stamps, I didn't know where some countries were so got out our atlas...2 hours later I was still sitting there...I think I may take up stamp collecting.
    I am enjoying the summer but Autumn is my favourite time of year, there is such a lot to see in nature. It's such a shame the sun has gone for a while, but it does mean that my indoor jobs are getting done...when I am not looking at stamps!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I don't like September. I feel sad that summers gone. I miss the mindees when they go back to school. It's always nice weather and I want to go and steal them out of their class and have another day out with them. It's back to clock watching n school runs.
    You see I get very sad in July, because I feel like I am always saying goodbye then. Mostly starting from when I left Vl form, then halls of residence at uni, then uni in my final year. I swing high and low in the Summer, loving the long lazy days as a young child and now as a mum, but in my teens and early twenties I often felt like I should be doing more - travelling or doing watersports all day on a beach somewhere - you know when it seems like that is what everyone else is doing? I just never had the means to do it. I was always glad to get back to a routine and to see everyone in September.

Floradora did you get your music room sorted in the end?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Floradora did you get your music room sorted in the end?
    I did the 'first draft' - filled mt recycling bin, then got a little stressed about making decisions to keep or throw, so retired to the garden. Furthur to my stamp interest though...I took delivery of a Beatrix Potter, Peter Rabbit first day cover today....oldest saw it after his father told him about my hours of looking at the stamp albums...it has great art work too. A lovely gift....though I don't think I am quite the dedicated stamp collector yet as I am thinking of framing it and putting on the book shelf next to my 50 year old Beatrix potter book collection, not in an album.

The music room now has to share space with DH's model making.....for the next month anyway ...until LO's are back....we have a daily music session in there usually and the current dremil and other tools are not the best play things for 3 year olds! Then, he doesn't know yet, but he will be back in the shed I think.