How is your week going?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is your week going?

How is everyone's week going? What have you been up to? I'd like some ideas for over the holidays.

My 3 year old DS has had a tummy bug since last Thursday so I have closed all week. It's the first time I've had to close for more than one day, so I feel bad for the families I am letting down - although one of my mindees had the same tummy bug, but not as badly. I did have some nice plans for this week, but DS has no energy to move from the sofa so lots of CBeebies. Even reading him a book seems to be too tiring for him.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaah bless him. Hope he feels better soon. I had a tummy bug last week and I couldn't even concentrate on my tv. Really bad stomach spasms. Sometimes these things force us to slow down and chill out.

We have signed up for the annual Summer read at the library. They also have a couple of really good (free!) events coming up which we have signed up for. Always worth checking out your local library.

What ages do you have?

July 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah bless him, I hope he's better soon! There's been all sorts going around my area so I've been in most of today as every time I've gone to leave the house with them there's been sickness or the runs, then we've been waiting for parents to collect. We have been to a splash pad, an open air museum, and the beach since Thursday. This week we have a paddling pool day, baking, kids time cinema and early bird bowling planned. I try to get out and about during the hols as I have a lot of children full time and they don't seem to go very far on a weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    How is everyone's week going? What have you been up to? I'd like some ideas for over the holidays. My 3 year old DS has had a tummy bug since last Thursday so I have closed all week. It's the first time I've had to close for more than one day, so I feel bad for the families I am letting down - although one of my mindees had the same tummy bug, but not as badly. I did have some nice plans for this week, but DS has no energy to move from the sofa so lots of CBeebies. Even reading him a book seems to be too tiring for him.
    Aw bless him. Can you tell me what I can expect from a 3 year old, DS is 2 and is currently rather challenging! I've heard it gets easier but is this just a myth?!!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Aw bless him. Can you tell me what I can expect from a 3 year old, DS is 2 and is currently rather challenging! I've heard it gets easier but is this just a myth?!!
    Um...I'd say 3 is more challenging than 2! It is more difficult to do anything, getting him dressed, getting him to eat a meal. There are some lovely moments too, I just have to be inventive with how I approach everything! Good luck!

Will your DS be going to preschool or nursery at all? My DS was going 2 mornings a week, now up to 3 mornings a week. He does enjoy going, but the last half term or so hasn't wanted to go in. He thinks we are doing more exciting things at home!

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Aaah bless him. Hope he feels better soon. I had a tummy bug last week and I couldn't even concentrate on my tv. Really bad stomach spasms. Sometimes these things force us to slow down and chill out.

We have signed up for the annual Summer read at the library. They also have a couple of really good (free!) events coming up which we have signed up for. Always worth checking out your local library.

What ages do you have?
    Yes, he doesn't even want to watch TV really. We are off to the doctors in a bit - I'm not sure how long it's ok to go without food but he can't keep anything but water down.

I will check out the library - my DD is 5 (though is a fluent reader), DS is 3 and then I'll be looking after a 3 yo, 2.5 yo, 16 mo and another 16 mo. On different days. There is an emergency services day at our local children's centre today which we are missing. DS would've loved seeing the fire engine!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ellisha View Post
    Yes, he doesn't even want to watch TV really. We are off to the doctors in a bit - I'm not sure how long it's ok to go without food but he can't keep anything but water down.

I will check out the library - my DD is 5 (though is a fluent reader), DS is 3 and then I'll be looking after a 3 yo, 2.5 yo, 16 mo and another 16 mo. On different days. There is an emergency services day at our local children's centre today which we are missing. DS would've loved seeing the fire engine!
    Oh bless him. At least he is able to keep fluids down.

That is a shame about missing the fire engine! Is it easy for you to get out and about with that many children or are you looking for ideas for at home? If you have any National Trust places near you they often do some lovely family activities over the holidays, as do museums.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Not so easy for me to get out and about as my car isn't big enough. But there are a few bits on at our local children's centre and museum. I am thinking we will do some Olympic activities in the coming weeks. Outside jumping, throwing, etc. Looking at flags and learning bits about Brazil.