Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Monday again!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday again!

It looks like it's been very quiet on here today. Hopefully everyone has been out enjoying the sun. It's about time we had some

I had an unexpected early finish this afternoon. Dad apologised for turning up an hour early - I told him it really wasn't a problem!

What's everyone got planned for the week?

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) I did my usual volunteering in school this morning and then had to take cats to vets for annual jabs ... got home from school and called cats ... They ALWAYS come in at lunchtime to see what titbits they can scavenge ... One came and the other didn't ... an hour later I took just one cat to the vets! They laughed ... It's very common to 'mislay' a cat when due at the vets! I fully expected to find her waiting for me when I got home ... No, she sauntered in at 6.30!

Now got to take 2 LOs and 1 cat to vets tomorrow! She is not being let out tomorrow! And in case she has learnt to read ... I haven't put it on the calendar!

Rest of my day was spent being very busy but doing and achieving absolutely nothing! I had a list of things I needed to do and somehow I managed none of them!

Just about to go dancing and then home for sewing bee final!

Maybe I'll get some things done tomorrow!

X

4. Likes FloraDora, Mouse, hectors house liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Only two more Monday's now, then a long summer break for me.
    Lovely weather for me is warm enough to be in the garden, but no need for sun lotion, some of my LO's make a big fuss about applying so it turns into a labour than a quick application.
    Today was lovely- children helped harvest produce and ate it all which was great. Harvested more raspberries last thing for breakfast tomorrow....with pancakes ...made with soya milk as I have a dairy free tomorrow - they taste really nice and come up a little fluffier too - we now make them for ourselves with it.
    DH had been given a robot arm to make for Father's Day - an insight into his personality - which he made at the weekend and played with all day with a 4 year old boy. Making it pick up things and put them into containers via hydraulics with water - what more fun can you get! Thankfully I have DH as I just can't summon up enthusiasm in his way for physics. They practised and served the vegetable with it for lunch, which I have to admit was wonderful as the little lads enthusiastic and proud face was infectious.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had an odd day of kids coming and going and coming again at odd intervals and timings. They have all been really good though

Cats are pesky for vets. I always find my rabbits hide in their 'the human can't get me here' spot too whenever I need to take them. And I seriously can't get to the there.

Hope you enjoyed your early finish Floradora

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    :-) I did my usual volunteering in school this morning and then had to take cats to vets for annual jabs ... got home from school and called cats ... They ALWAYS come in at lunchtime to see what titbits they can scavenge ... One came and the other didn't ... an hour later I took just one cat to the vets! They laughed ... It's very common to 'mislay' a cat when due at the vets! I fully expected to find her waiting for me when I got home ... No, she sauntered in at 6.30!

Now got to take 2 LOs and 1 cat to vets tomorrow! She is not being let out tomorrow! And in case she has learnt to read ... I haven't put it on the calendar!

Rest of my day was spent being very busy but doing and achieving absolutely nothing! I had a list of things I needed to do and somehow I managed none of them!

Maybe I'll get some things done tomorrow!

X
    Ha ha! Our cat used to hide when it was time to go the vet and we had to cancel appointments. They were always very understanding, so I bet it does happen regularly.
    I found the best way of getting him home was to bleach the kitchen floor! No matter far away he was I'd get the bleach and mop out, start washing the floor and he'd come running through the door. I don't usually use bleach, but had to keep some in specially to get him home

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    :

X
    I'd forgotten all about Sewing Bee, so thank you for the reminder. I've managed to watch the whole of this series so I'd be kicking myself if I missed the final!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I'd forgotten all about Sewing Bee, so thank you for the reminder. I've managed to watch the whole of this series so I'd be kicking myself if I missed the final!
    Enjoying it, think they are all amazing!
    Love that they could choose their own model x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So Loocyloo, did the cat make it to the vets today??

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    So Loocyloo, did the cat make it to the vets today??
    Going in 10 minutes ... cat currently sitting in box ready to go :-D

12. Likes singingcactus, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Loocyloo I bet the mindees will love the trip to the vets! I know all of mine would have loved it - especially those without pets of their own.

I brought home the school chicks today, just for one night. Five of them which hatched over the last couple of days. DD thinks all her birthdays have come at once! My kind of pets - the ones you can hand back. I cannot believe how noisy they are!