Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is it only Thursday???

This week has been going on for 374 days and it is still only Thursday!! How is that possible??????

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) lol ... I was just thinking the exact same thing!

I'm at flamingoland ... I KNOW we've only been here 1 hr 20 mins but it feels like forever! Currently 3 little boys pretending to be penguins entertaining a coach party at the penguins!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    :-) lol ... I was just thinking the exact same thing!

I'm at flamingoland ... I KNOW we've only been here 1 hr 20 mins but it feels like forever! Currently 3 little boys pretending to be penguins entertaining a coach party at the penguins!
    Lucky children!

Today is my day off - spent the morning cleaning, now about to food shop and cook, but I am enjoying my day! I have tomorrow off too, but it only half qualifies as a day off because it's DD's sports day in the morning and then she comes home at lunchtime straight after it.

The school where I work should have had their Sports Day today, but it was cancelled due to the weather. I am really, really hoping that they don't reschedule it for a day when I'm working next week, as Sports Day was my absolute worst day as a teacher. I hated it. They've organised a really complicated system this year for it too and I was daydreaming in the staff meeting when they were discussing it, thinking "Oh, I don't need to listen because I don't work on Thursdays"

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Lucky children!

Today is my day off - spent the morning cleaning, now about to food shop and cook, but I am enjoying my day! I have tomorrow off too, but it only half qualifies as a day off because it's DD's sports day in the morning and then she comes home at lunchtime straight after it.

The school where I work should have had their Sports Day today, but it was cancelled due to the weather. I am really, really hoping that they don't reschedule it for a day when I'm working next week, as Sports Day was my absolute worst day as a teacher. I hated it. They've organised a really complicated system this year for it too and I was daydreaming in the staff meeting when they were discussing it, thinking "Oh, I don't need to listen because I don't work on Thursdays"
    So it isn't only parents who hate sports day then? Why do schools do them. The majority of the kids don't enjoy them either. I have mine coming up soon too

6. Likes Maza, Ripeberry, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think that's why this week is soooo long ... we had sports day Tuesday and yesterday!
    It was my last one as a parent! As a farewell gesture I even 'ran' the mothers race and came last with a friend!

Parents are not encouraged/expected at high school sports day and not all children take part. Ds only tells me when it's over and he always does long distance which i'd like to watch.

My dd LOVES sports day ... yr 6 , team captain and ' just a touch ' competitive!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a house full of kids today seeing as schools are closed for voting!

We've been out to the park and they're now all watching the minion movie so the little one could sleep in peace!!

One week and counting until summer holidays, they can't come quick enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I have a house full of kids today seeing as schools are closed for voting! We've been out to the park and they're now all watching the minion movie so the little one could sleep in peace!! One week and counting until summer holidays, they can't come quick enough
    Schools are closed for voting?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I think that's why this week is soooo long ... we had sports day Tuesday and yesterday! It was my last one as a parent! As a farewell gesture I even 'ran' the mothers race and came last with a friend! Parents are not encouraged/expected at high school sports day and not all children take part. Ds only tells me when it's over and he always does long distance which i'd like to watch. My dd LOVES sports day ... yr 6 , team captain and ' just a touch ' competitive!
    Sorry slightly off topic but what if one kids mother can't make sports day, would they not get upset their mum wasn't in the race? I hate stuff like this, seems so unfair?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a house full of kids today seeing as schools are closed for voting!

We've been out to the park and they're now all watching the minion movie so the little one could sleep in peace!!

One week and counting until summer holidays, they can't come quick enough
    You 'like' Summer holidays??? I like them as a parent but not as a childminder. (Now that I'm working in a school for the moment I obviously love them!)

12. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Sorry slightly off topic but what if one kids mother can't make sports day, would they not get upset their mum wasn't in the race? I hate stuff like this, seems so unfair?
    That's life, unfortunately. To be hones though, in my experience pretty much all of the parents manage to make it. Sadly these days a lot of them genuinely have to spend a lot of it on their phones communicating with work. That will be my hubby tomorrow unfortunately. The referendum results will mean that he will be busier than ever tomorrow, whatever the result.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Schools are closed for voting?!
    Yes, they are used as polling stations

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    You 'like' Summer holidays??? I like them as a parent but not as a childminder. (Now that I'm working in a school for the moment I obviously love them!)
    I like them because I don't work them!

16. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been at every one of my sons sports day and never ever done the mums race, he doesn't care one jot!

18. Likes Ripeberry, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not all mums do the race .. at the infants sports day not one parent wanted to race! I've never done mothers race before but dd was determined and even though I had mindees with me, she and her friend came and sat with them and she had arranged for a friend of mine to watch mindees too ... With that much organisation, how could I not run!

Most children have a parent/relative at sports day, and generally, if a parent can't be then the parents friends cheer for that child , as do child's friend's parents. I always go as child's childminder and sometimes parents can't make it.

At our old school usually a good 1/3 or more couldn't make it but everyone cheers on all the children. The teachers/ta also know who doesn't have a parent there and can make an extra fuss.

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are used as polling stations
    Never understood why they have to use a whole school for a few booths. Can't they use a portacabin or better still a pub?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

22. Likes Maza liked this post