Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Are we excited about the European championship

France take on Romania in less than 2 hours.

Will England actually get pass the group stage.

I know we will end up watching but mainly because there is nothing else on
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am! A whole month of football, heaven!

Would be better if Scotland has qualified but never mind, used to it now lol.

Think England will at least make it out the group but won't be too sad if they don't 😉

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

quick & simple answer

NO!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

I know we will end up watching but mainly because there is nothing else on

I'd rather watch nothing!!

Luckily the menfolk have their own room for watching sport so as long as I stay out of there I won't have to see any of it

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes,yes,yes!
    Great opening - we want France to win......tonight!

Euro16 friends - including two French men, around for a great start to a wonderful month of football! Red white and blue theme, French grazing food...and wine organised!

Best friends are actually in France for the month - very jealous!

Planning completed around football for the next fortnight, retro kits from way back washed and ready for dressing up next week - France kits included ( we are a family of Francophile ) DH spent the afternoon making a football table for subbuteo and Lego football teams ( all flags displayed!) which retired men are currently enjoying! Menus planned to match the European match of the day.

Roll on a great start to a wonderful sporting example of being part of Europe.

Alles les bleu! ( tonight)
    Come on England ! ( tomorrow) outdoor/ indoor barbecue planned - pre match England football quiz planned too plus local brewery keg of English beer.

Embrace the football, have a great weekend everyone!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Yes,yes,yes! Great opening - we want France to win......tonight! Euro16 friends - including two French men, around for a great start to a wonderful month of football! Red white and blue theme, French grazing food...and wine organised! Best friends are actually in France for the month - very jealous! Planning completed around football for the next fortnight, retro kits from way back washed and ready for dressing up next week - France kits included ( we are a family of Francophile ) DH spent the afternoon making a football table for subbuteo and Lego football teams ( all flags displayed!) which retired men are currently enjoying! Menus planned to match the European match of the day. Roll on a great start to a wonderful sporting example of being part of Europe. Alles les bleu! ( tonight) Come on England ! ( tomorrow) outdoor/ indoor barbecue planned - pre match England football quiz planned too plus local brewery keg of English beer. Embrace the football, have a great weekend everyone!
    I want to come to your house!!

We're supporting Portugal in our house but I did have a cheeky £1 on Sweden at 80/1 earlier today. It's the year of the underdog after all, Leicester winning the Premiership and my team, Hibs, winning the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years (I think I'm still giddy lol)

8. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    I want to come to your house!!

We're supporting Portugal in our house but I did have a cheeky £1 on Sweden at 80/1 earlier today. It's the year of the underdog after all, Leicester winning the Premiership and my team, Hibs, winning the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years (I think I'm still giddy lol)
    Wow - small world.

One of my ancestors was part of the 'famous five'!

Good friends with Marc Albrighton too!

Loved that Leicester won, love shopping there ( bought my wedding dress in 1979 in a shop opposite the railway station)

We are both pro football.

Lots in common.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 10-06-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Wouldn't let me spell Marc with a 'C'

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wonderful / nail biting game ...but West Ham win it for France!

French guests happy.
    Wonderful uplift for the very worried French citizens. Lots hope all their worries are shelved for a night anyway!

viva la France!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow - small world. One of my ancestors was part of the 'famous five'! Good friends with Marc Albrighton too! Loved that Leicester won, love shopping there ( bought my wedding dress in 1979 in a shop opposite the railway station) We are both pro football. Lots in common. Enjoy!
    It really is a small world, which great man is your ancestor? My grandad used to watch the famous five every week, I think they're still his favourites even after all these years!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have tried to edit , but my 120 minutes has expired.

I have been informed by my French guests that I should have said 'Allez les Bleus!'

My apologies to any French speaking childminder on this forum.

You learn something new every day.

Long live ' life long learning'.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Flora I tried to reply to your pm but you have too many!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

No! Hate football. Rugby is is better
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

15. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We watched excited about the rest of the championship now.

Come on England!!!
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But first we are watching Wales.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    But first we are watching Wales.
    Half watching too whilst I prepare dinner for our guests.....English tonight - posh bangers and mash and a Bakewell tart / Eton mess with the first of our raspberries - here to watch England later, I have a small window of time to eat.

I taught Ashley Williams, captain of Wales, when he was in Primary school!! So of course I would like them to win.
    Last edited by FloraDora; 11-06-2016 at 06:39 PM.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Half watching too whilst I prepare dinner for our guests.....here to watch England later, I have a small window of time to eat.

I taught Ashley Williams, captain of Wales, when he was in Primary school!! So of course I would like them to win.
    I did say I wasn't bothered about this tournament however we have all just cheered very loudly sorry neighbours

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    No! Hate football. Rugby is is better
    I like both - followed Northampton Saints for years. We watch the rugby tournaments too...I also like cricket but always listen to that on the radio.

It's good to support our country's teams , whatever the sport.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like both - followed Northampton Saints for years. We watch the rugby tournaments too...I also like cricket but always listen to that on the radio.

It's good to support our country's teams , whatever the sport.
    We watch all sports here rugby football athletics tennis basketball ds even had baseball on this morning

23. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Football? Nope. Haha, only realised there was anything happening with regard to football cos husband said something about fighting in France linked to a football game.

We seem to be spending all our time playing dungeons and dragons at the moment so not really fussed about what's on tv. The only sports we watch are rugby and ice hockey. Enjoy.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's such a shame that tournaments like this get overlooked as it is a great way to highlight other countries and our own, through a common interest, even if football is not liked usually.
    Fact I heard today from a Welsh Sports minister was that football has opened up more opportunities for girls to take part in team sports then rugby does in Wales which is why lots of people living in Wales are now also embracing football than in times gone by.....more so I imagine now after their great game yesterday.

It is such a good way in to focus on our European community, my 3 year old loves the pairs game we made together around the flags and can name some. The reverse has got hello in home language and a picture of a famous building, she recognises the German one by the Brandenburg Gate picture, she likes horses. We have a UNICEF book about children and she wanted to find the German child....its just a start....

Great time to watch some football excerpts, scoring goals for instance then going out to the park/ garden and taking part in sport, running, scoring our own goals, making up celebration dances etc... Active sport.

It would be such a shame after the great conduct of mostrop all players and fans so far, that people only acknowledge this tournament through the small percentage of fans who are misbehaving.

Same 3 year olds Granny lives in Northern Ireland so I am hoping NI score soon so we can celebrate and focus on this country tomorrow! Well, we can anyway, but it would be great if we did this following a win. But we have planned a visit to the local Polish supermarket tomorrow to buy ingredients for our lunch.

Not watching Germany / Ukrane as I have a date with a New Zealand Wine, Skyping a close friend who lives in New Zealand. He will be having a ' full English' breakfast as we natter ! We do this about 8 times a year, but he is coming to visit Europe this Summer so we have some strategic planning to discuss. It is cheaper for me to book some things this end in Europe than from New Zealand. ( advantage of being part of the EU!) The channel tunnel for instance would cost him £250 more if he booked it from NZ - is this what will happen to us if Brexit get their way?? To hire a car in Germany from NZ would cost £400+ more !!

DH is watching and skyping boys ( hope BT infinity lives up to its name) at half time for match discussion. I think I would like the young German team to win.
    Happy watching/ not watching everyone!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 12-06-2016 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast