Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What a beautiful Friday it is

Well the sun is shining brightly here hope you have the same weather.

I also have an unexpected day off

So im frantically rushing around getting the jobs done planned for the weekend and if this weather keeps on it will be a lazy weekend. All i have to do is take dd2 to choose her holy communion dress.

Have a lovely day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

cool and overcast here..but at least its dry! I too have a day off as I managed to convince the mum of my only 'holidays friday' mindee that she would prefer to come on a day when the other children were here Got new doors being fitted today , and Laying astroturf is our weekend task , all 48m2 ! Cant wait til its all finished

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lovely here too. Have spent the morning making my bedroom dust free - a bigger task in the end than I imagined, under the bed, tops of wardrobes shelves etc...!

Blowing all the dust off with an hour Kayaking at 2 then we are climbing a hill to fly kites - DH is probably the only person wanting wind today!

Early evening dinner booked for after....a lovely afternoon together I hope to round off the holiday.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I again had my heart set on a trip to the zoo or farm (preferably zoo, but farm is free so was going to make my decision based on DH's face once I told him my plans). I had to renew my passport first of all and it took longer than expected, and then lots of unexpected dull chores came up that needed sorting and so we have been out and about. Have enjoyed watching a crows nest in the tree outside DD's room - we can see the little heads pop up when the parents come back with food! Off for a bike ride now. x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds lovely floradora , and you both got your choice of K activities!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Sounds lovely floradora , and you both got your choice of K activities!
    Kayaking running late so our guide isn't available until 3 - free coffees whilst we wait though, I just hope I don't need to go whilst I am on the river!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Been to the beach again ... was overcast but great fun. Now home in the garden in the sun :-)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Kayaking running late so our guide isn't available until 3 - free coffees whilst we wait though, I just hope I don't need to go whilst I am on the river!
    How was kayaking and did the wind make an appearance for kite flying?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    How was kayaking and did the wind make an appearance for kite flying?
    I hadn't been in a boat for 5 years, I used to love canoeing - kayaking was challenging but wonderful, quiet river, relaxing, bird song...all wonderful then our guide thought it would be good to build up the pace! But I managed and it was good fun, I recommend it!
    Found the wind - it turns out the best design for a kite is a plastic carrier bag and garden sticks.....not the one that DH spent a lot of time designing! But good fun too...we laughed so much - I recommend this more as it cost nothing!
    Lovely time spent enjoying each other's company - which is what it's all about.

Now home to a cold night, catch up Wallander and DH's birthday wine.
    Happy weekend everyone.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Well the sun is shining brightly here hope you have the same weather.

I also have an unexpected day off

So im frantically rushing around getting the jobs done planned for the weekend and if this weather keeps on it will be a lazy weekend. All i have to do is take dd2 to choose her holy communion dress.

Have a lovely day everyone
    It has been hot here all week.
    A lot of outdoor time today with lashings of sun cream... Strawberry picking in the polytunnel and watering plants. Then we sat on the wall at.the front of the house watching the men drawing silage as the children love tractors. Ate lunch and snacks outside to make the most of the sun. Of to my mummy's holiday house by the beach tomorrow. Long live summer
    Tess1981

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

I hadn't been in a boat for 5 years, I used to love canoeing - kayaking was challenging but wonderful, quiet river, relaxing, bird song...all wonderful then our guide thought it would be good to build up the pace! But I managed and it was good fun, I recommend it!
    Found the wind - it turns out the best design for a kite is a plastic carrier bag and garden sticks.....not the one that DH spent a lot of time designing! But good fun too...we laughed so much - I recommend this more as it cost nothing!
    Lovely time spent enjoying each other's company - which is what it's all about.

Now home to a cold night, catch up Wallander and DH's birthday wine.
    Happy weekend everyone.
    Sounds perfect.

The sun seems to be hiding here today so I'm glad I went on my clean up drive yesterday.

Off to choose dd2 her holy communion dress later her godmother is coming with us so that will be nice.

Other than that not many plans going to enjoy a more chilled out weekend for a change