Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever won anything?

DD was thrilled recently when she won an art competition that she entered through school. She spent days on her picture and it was really good. Her picture will now be on display at some fancy place in London, oops, can't remember where. After the thrill of winning, all she is now bothered about is getting her picture back. Well, we can get it back but we have to visit the exhibition, fair enough, I'd like to do that anyway. We have to pay to get in the exhibition and then bid on the items on display (including her picture) in order to own them. It's all in aid of a charity, but we never win anything - trust us to win something that makes us pay, lol! (I do give my time and money to my chosen charities, please don't think I am a meanie.) The rest of the school just get given their pictures back. I do find it amusing.

Last week, DH discovered that he was entitled to a card that gets us free entry into several places. We were really chuffed and picked two things off the list that were near us and that we would like to visit. Guess what, they are free entry anyway!

Have you ever won anything exciting?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I won a twitter competition once amd the prize was £125 of organic meat - it was very nice.

Bless your dd I hope you manage to to win the bid for her picture.
    But tell her a big well done for winning
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Fussy, that's an amazing prize! Hope you had a big freezer.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Wow Fussy, that's an amazing prize! Hope you had a big freezer.
    There wasn't as much as you would expect it was really lovely tasting though
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope u win the pic. It sounds like the sort of prise i would win too lol.

I once won a pushchair and a car seat. Which was quite useful as a childminder

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I won a designer handbag on facebook. I sold it on ebay for £175 and used the money to tile the kitchen. xx ps I hope you win the picture. If not see if you can take a pic on your phone and have it printed and framed xx
    Julie X X

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do hope you are able to bid to get her picture, but it is a bit of a weird situation that , because your dad is successfull it costs you more!

My biggest claims to a win is a little red KA........local hospice raffle ticket..oldest has driven it for 7 years,

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I do hope you are able to bid to get her picture, but it is a bit of a weird situation that , because your dad is successfull it costs you more!

My biggest claims to a win is a little red KA........local hospice raffle ticket..oldest has driven it for 7 years,
    Pardon my ignorance - what's a little red KA?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pardon my ignorance - what's a little red KA?

A car that is red. Not sure why I wrote 7 he has actually been driving it for 13 years!
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm quite good at winning small prizes.

Won a lift-the flap book from the the old NCMA magazine and a pink, fluffy hot-water bottle at an NCMA local conference: who says they're not inclusive.

Bought 2 strips of raffle tickets at the school Easter show last week and won 3 prizes before I just stopped going to claim them, to give the others a chance. Mrs B was furious, as there were loads of good cosmetics gift packs, but she couldn't be bothered to get off her 4r5e to choose a prize, so naturally I came back with glitter stickers and a Pinkie Pie pencil set.

Last year I won in the preschool raffle. Had to choose between the last two prizes: a How Much Do you Love Me bunny toy, game, book and DVD gift set, or a year's membership of a women-only gym. Tough call. It was very tempting to take the gym membership. Not that I'm into exercise, but I rather fancied turning up with my towel and asking to be directed to the showers.

I was also 4-year unbeaten ball-and-spoon champion at school sports day when I was little. I couldn't run but could walk with a steady hand...............that was before I discovered cider.

16. Likes Maza, Ripeberry liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Leading up to our wedding, some 23 years ago I was buying lots of wedding magazines and I won 2 champagne glasses (was hoping it was a honeymoon but no). You had to fill out a questionnaire giving details of your wedding expenditure etc and this lead to me getting a phone call, approximately 3/4 months after our wedding from someone working in television and they wanted us to appear on Richard and Judy in our wedding gear. They told me there would be 3 couples all chatting about the cost of weddings. A couple who spent £1000, a couple £4000 (us) and lastly a couple who spent £25000. So we arranged for my husband to rehire a morning suit I got my wedding dress out of the suitcase and we both booked a day off work. We told absolutely everybody we were going to be on television, and in those days this required a lot of face to face conversations and good old telephone conversations and we were so excited. Well they phoned me the day before to cancel saying the programme would overrun if they had 3 couples and they didn't need us! So I taped it and watched the other 2 couples being interviewed. Ohhh it hurt. How dare they rob me of my 15 minutes of fame.

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after reading this thread I feel really badly done to about our 'prize' now!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in April 2013 I won a competition via Sony Animation. The prize was to represent the UK as a 'Smurf Ambassador' to promote the new film 'Smurfs 2'. It was an all expenses, first class flights and hotels in Belgium and France. It did involve dressing up like a Smurf with hundreds of others and walking around Paris. It was lots of fun and my eldest daughter then 11 years old came with me.
    Then that same year, I won another Smurf related competition and won £1000 for sending in a video of me singing along to Fred Fairbrass (I'm too sexy for my shirt), 'Smurf' version of the song.
    And last but not least I got a free Xperia Z phone from Sony.

I loved 2013!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

21. Likes Maza, BallyH, hectors house liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, there are some mega prize winners on here! I've won lots of little things but don't think I've ever won anything big.

A few years ago there was a children's radio station just starting out. They had competitions every week and I don't think they ever had many entries. Two of my friends and I used to enter them all and between us we won nearly every week!

I've won a few competitions in childcare magazines. One was when a new monthly magazine was starting up and I won the first 3 editions free. That must have been about 3 years ago and they still send them to me now...completely free! I've never paid anything or had any request to pay anything.

23. Likes Maza, Ripeberry liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was 15 I was doing pony rides at a village fete, I bought a raffle ticket and won a 16 lb turkey - just what you want in the Summer when you are 15 - but it worked out OK in the end, my mum bought it from me and used it for a cold buffet for my grandparents Ruby Wedding anniversary party the following month. I only won because the person who sold me and my friend the tickets crossed his hands over as he handed them out - really my friend should have won.

25. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just had 4 Drummond Farm board games delivered this morning from the Autumn competition in the Creative Steps magazine. ( which I read via childcare.co.uk)
    So, thanks Richard!

27. Likes hectors house, Ripeberry, Maza liked this post