Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maundy Thursday

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Maundy Thursday

And hopefully the start of a long weekend for most of us.

Well today I have collected ds1 from his army experience, washed and dried all his clothes packed him back up so dh could take him back to the same place for his air cadets easter camp

I have no real plans for the weekend (dh is working most of it) I will attend church tomorrow for the Good Friday service.

But its a strange weekend no dance no football for either child nothing i feel we will be bored and the weather is supposed to be typically bank holidayish.

But for now we are going to have a picnic style tea and then watch Star Wars a new hope.

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

DD finished school yesterday but most of the local schools didn't finish until today. We usually use days like these to do something touristy before the majority of people are on holiday, but today we just all wanted a day at home. I'm full of a cold and have a cold sore so didn't want to be out in public, lol. Someone came round to value the flat this afternoon so we had to clean up and then DD and I went for a lovely walk on the common, leaving DH to do the valuation stuff. It started to rain while we were out - I love the rain when we are in the woods. DD had a blast, squelching in the mud, sneaking after birds, following horses footprints etc. I irritatingly got a bit sad, because it made me nostalgic for the times when we used to do this daily before she started school, and thinking that before long she won't enjoy the simple things so much. I wish I could slow down time.

Tomorrow we will go to the family service at church (only go at Easter and Christmas). Have bought a tie dye kit at DD's request and so we are going to have a go at that tomorrow. No other plans.

After repeating a million times to anyone who would listen, that it will be lovely to be on holiday without any mindees (been 6 months since they all left), I have sent out text messages inviting them over for a playdate!

Picnic style tea sounds lovely Fussy! x
    Last edited by Maza; 24-03-2016 at 06:44 PM.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so relieved it's the 4 day weekend and Monday is my hardest day with a hard work mindee, and it's so nice having Monday off, and the hard work mindee is away tues too so we should have a lovely calm Tuesday too!
    Hoping the weather cheers up a bit, I hate being stuck indoors but hate rain!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I finished work today until kids go back to school on April 11th I let the kids watch a film this afternoon while I packed away all the toys, they were amazed at how much bigger the room suddenly got

Not got too much planned this weekend, thankfully son's swimming club has a break during school holidays too, we've not really got anything planned until Sunday when we'll go egg rolling with the rest of the family.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Having a g&t in celebration of the start of a 15 day holiday!

Your lovely day sounds just my cup of tea Maza, plus valuations...it's getting real and close!
    Star Wars film is on the agenda for us too - but tomorrow when the grown up lads are home.
    It's great that your day off means your toughest days are avoided too Alex.

Last Sunday we were just visiting mil on Sat then having a quiet weekend.....as of last night both boys and partners and mil are coming tomorrow until Monday/ Tuesday! Brother in law and family arriving Sunday now too - lovely they are all coming but a bit last minute..it may be our last Easter with minl though so well worth it.

We have magically disappeared most of chminding stuff in 2 hours tonight and I'll make the beds up tomorrow. Phew!!

It will be lovely having them all here but next task will be to plan meals. The control freak in me usually has all this organised weeks in advance, but the short notice means I have to do it all tonight. DH has this idea that if he feeds me g&t's the task will not stress me.

I'll pop in to town with youngest tomorrow to see the good Friday parade, all our churches join together in the town it's a good start to Easter and my youngest and I are the only surviving Christians in our house so it is nice to do something together.

Then it's baking a simnel cake and entertaining. Lovely.

We have to do our ' E' next week, before March runs out - explore ....a new place. We were intending to plan it over our quiet weekend, so that might be being planned in bed one night!
    f is French farmers market ....so we are off to France the second week where we are doubling up a French language day too. DH does duo lingo every day to keep up his language skills and knowledge.....but I'll be bottom of the class I expect but I don't care - I'm just looking forward to practising again, we are set a little task to make us go out and speak French in the community - Should be fun.
    I hope you all enjoy your long weekends.

Happy Easter everyone.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I should have been off from today until Tuesday, but DS announced this evening that he's working on Easter Monday so I'll have my grandson to look after - not that I'm complaining It won't stop us going out and doing anything. It'll just mean I don't get a lie in that day!

On Easter Sunday we'll have our annual Easter egg hunt round the garden. Even though my children are all grown up they still insist on having an egg hunt. It takes me hours to hide all the eggs and sweets. I obviously do a very good job because some of them are never found again! I have images in my head of the squirrels returning home with mini eggs and Haribo sweets

8. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    And hopefully the start of a long weekend for most of us.

Well today I have collected ds1 from his army experience, washed and dried all his clothes packed him back up so dh could take him back to the same place for his air cadets easter camp

I have no real plans for the weekend (dh is working most of it) I will attend church tomorrow for the Good Friday service.

But its a strange weekend no dance no football for either child nothing i feel we will be bored and the weather is supposed to be typically bank holidayish.

But for now we are going to have a picnic style tea and then watch Star Wars a new hope.

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend
    I finished today and that's me until next Thursday. .. I plan to spend my holiday time cleaning my street doing my garden cutting the hedges and planting in the polytunnel. .. don't really get a change at the moment. A little bit of clothes shopping for DD then cinema for me and bf on Sunday night
    Tess1981

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) after a mad week I can't wait for 4 days off, 4 days work and then 10 days off!

Off to Church tomorrow and then out for a walk and lunch for a bit of an Easter with DS who is away with school next week. Then we're hoping to get away for a night or 2 so we actually relax, rather than carry on doing jobs!

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post