Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why is it ...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is it ...

... That through the week I have to drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6.30, but at the weekend I'm wide awake before 6am?

I've done 2 loads of washing, mopped the kitchen floor, made cupcakes and done an online food shop before anyone else is even awake.

Now I'm tired and wondering if I should nip back to bed for an hour when DD goes out at dance!

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely do not have that problem at the weekends, but DD does, so it becomes my problem. Drives us nuts.

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bounced out of bed today also, but a little later than you. 2nd load in machine and am planning a fryup (well, oven-up but it doesn't sound the same).

6. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im usually up just as early at the weekends but thoroughly enjoy it, not having to rush about to get ready for work. The peace is wonderful!!

8. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    ... That through the week I have to drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6.30, but at the weekend I'm wide awake before 6am?

I've done 2 loads of washing, mopped the kitchen floor, made cupcakes and done an online food shop before anyone else is even awake.

Now I'm tired and wondering if I should nip back to bed for an hour when DD goes out at dance!
    I was awake at 5 and then fell back asleep at 6 woke with a jump at 7am. Mad panic as I had to bake before being picked up at 9 for dds football tournament.
    Brownies, cookies and scones all made before my lift arrived.
    Shattered now though watching the rugby in bed 😂😂
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I was awake at 5 and then fell back asleep at 6 woke with a jump at 7am. Mad panic as I had to bake before being picked up at 9 for dds football tournament.
    Brownies, cookies and scones all made before my lift arrived.Shattered now though watching the rugby in bed ����
    You are a saint! (or very greedy - was it just your breakfast?)

12. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had that problem. I seem to always waste my weekends asleep.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

You are a saint! (or very greedy - was it just your breakfast?)
    Or nuts.
    Girls had 5 matches to play they needed their goodies and so do the adults watching 😂😂
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My body clock is 5 am - everyday, regardless of weather or holiday time. In my other life it was 4 am.

I love getting up early, like Sylvia. It's my time now- it used to be chores before the family awoke though.

I do my Open Learn now or read for the book club, or write long letters to the boys. ( that I know they mock, in a nice way , but I shall carry on) I used to walk the dog and take photos, but I haven't quite come to terms with him not being here to join me.
    This morning I awoke with a cold and so after listening to the latest Coldplay ( Mother's Day present not a pun) decided fresh air was needed so walked to the local co op and bought croissants and flu plus. Then burn't the croissants as I got involved in thoughts about Why Harold walked in his yacht shoes! ( latest book).
    I had to do a paper on self organised learning for an American company that are thinking of taking me on - my next life project - so missed Andrew Marr. I like AM - it sets me up politically for the week. I was someone who voted to enter the European common market so am keen to research via what everyone is saying and decide yeh or Ney this time. I think back on my young woman outlook and my determination to vote yes last time and it feels like yesterday!!!

It's amazing what you do as a mum Fussy, the incentives are always there when you have children. I admire your baking ability, DH has never really cracked brownies.......and I do like them, brownies at the side of the pitch - you know how to live! I could join you one weekend as I actually find myself some weekends stopping at the local pitch and watching the game, I don't know the children, but their enthusiasm always lifts me.
    You can throw tomatoes at me ...but I do not miss those early