Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default MONDAY! all day !

Goodness me!

its only Monday, and the 3rd week into term, and already I just want to go back to bed and hibernate! I haven't even started work for this week !

I have just had my 3rd enquiry for September 2016, and another for January 2017. The September ones are flexible, and I think I should be able to fit them in and around. The January one - it HAS to be 2 particular days. I 'think' I can see a way round it/to sort it, but its a long way off. The 'problem' is that mum is about to go on maternity leave, and apparently has to 'confirm' the days she will be returning, before she leaves. I have said I can't promise anything until babe is here, and we are closer to the start date. I said a September start is easier to arrange, as children move up, but I don't often get movement in the new year. 'Apparently' a local day nursery have confirmed a place !!! but mum and granny would much prefer babe to come to me, as they don't want babe in an 'institution' !!!

I usually wait until the summer term before discussing what (full) days anyone is doing at nursery and what care they will then need, but am starting to think I'm going to need to do it soon! I also know that one child who will be starting reception, will still only do part time for 2 terms, so is still in my under 5 numbers! however, I have pretty much filled his school hours with a new child, so its ok!

ARGHHHHHHH! it doesn't usually start so soon, but I'm suppose I'm lucky - things have been quite settled for the past few terms !!!

and just to cap it all off, I have a new babe starting tomorrow and another parent has just started potty training! ( mum says doing really well at home, wets when out; dad says its a disaster! ) who wants an easy life?!

2. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What a way to start your week! Good to have lots of enquiries though. I have a yr 6 child leaving this year and a 4yr old starting school in september and will be leaving in june. So thought I might make life easier and stop a few school runs only to be approached by a mum who says she has been waiting to use me since her children were babies and would like to take the place of the two leaving. So much for an easy life. I find it hard to turn work away when you dont know whats round the corner. Good luck deciding

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm interested to find out how part time in reception works?? My own son is not 4 until end of July so will be one of the young ones when he starts reception in sept. He's doing 3 half days a week at nursery st the mo but struggling with tiredness as he'll still have a 2 hour afternoon nap if he's not there so I'm worried he'll struggle doing 5 full days at school!
    I'm not keen on delaying his start by a year as he has progressed so much even at nursery being around slightly older ones and loves it now he is settled there, just wondrred if you knew whether school offered the part time or parents had decided and whether pre approval is needed?

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm interested to find out how part time in reception works?? My own son is not 4 until end of July so will be one of the young ones when he starts reception in sept. He's doing 3 half days a week at nursery st the mo but struggling with tiredness as he'll still have a 2 hour afternoon nap if he's not there so I'm worried he'll struggle doing 5 full days at school! I'm not keen on delaying his start by a year as he has progressed so much even at nursery being around slightly older ones and loves it now he is settled there, just wondrred if you knew whether school offered the part time or parents had decided and whether pre approval is needed?
    Alex, it will almost certainly depend on the school that your son attends. Some start full time straight away, others have a variety of part-time arrangements. Probably best to ask the school/s you are applying to and go from there.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even know it was an option at some...I only know one other that goes part time but it was the parents decision and school not happy about it but couldn't do anything about it as the child doesn't have to attend until they are 5 so school couldn't do much about it, I'd rather not go down that route though!
    I'll have a chat with school when/if his place is confirmed there in April! To be honest he may be absolutely fine by the time sept comes around but it'd be nice to know there are options if needed.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Alex.
    Our school prefer all reception to start full time in the September. This mum really didn't want her child to go fulltime until he was 5. School asked her reason and she said because most of Europe don't start school till at least 6 and it doesn't do them any harm. I was surprised school agreed to it, they haven't always in the past!
    This child will be doing mornings and one full day (his day with me! As I can't do lunchtime pick up) I suspect child will ask to go all day when he is only one coming home!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Goodness me!

who wants an easy life?!
    Obviously not you lol.

Hope you manage to juggle them all around x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school usually use the first half term to gently extend the day for all reception children and although it's a pain having different times for 6 weeks it seems to work for the younger ones