Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So who got the snow

We got a teeny tiny amount but seems to have brought the city to a standstill for cars.

So make me jealous who can go sledging and make snowmen
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    We got a teeny tiny amount but seems to have brought the city to a standstill for cars.

So make me jealous who can go sledging and make snowmen
    No snow. Very frosty earlier but glorious sunshine now but quite nippy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a sprinkling here so far but like you elmo causing chaos! We just don't know what to do with it do we! Glad it's not too bad, had a baby rabbit born here last night, just one so no litter mates to keep him warm and I am worried about him although he is in an insulated hutch with plenty of hay and mums fur and it's covered in a tarp. !

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had quite a lot of snow here in Lowestoft, but it isn't laying at all.
    So its lovely to watch but can't go sledging, build snowmen, have snow ball fights or make snow angels

Stay warm everyone x x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Just a sprinkling here so far but like you elmo causing chaos! We just don't know what to do with it do we! Glad it's not too bad, had a baby rabbit born here last night, just one so no litter mates to keep him warm and I am worried about him although he is in an insulated hutch with plenty of hay and mums fur and it's covered in a tarp. !
    Oh how lovely...hope the little bunny manages to stay warm xx
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Oooo, stay warm little bunny.

We had snow all day yesterday, but it didn't really settle ... ground just too wet. Snow up on the moors.
    Cold and clear overnight, frost this morning but bright, clear and sunny today.

Would like snow-but we're away this weekend, so next week please!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a single flake here (if you disregard the chocolate one I bought at the post office after school run. )

9. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful sunshine here. But chilly, it's only 3.8 at the moment. We're not that far away from Lowestoft, can't believe the difference in weather!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

No snow here either but then we rarely get any.

It was a very frosty morning at 1 degree on the school run.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't got snow but 20-30 minutes away, in the same city, there's snow about 5 inches deep!

Quite glad we don't have any tbh

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been forecast snow for tonight, but likely to be gone in the morning.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    We've been forecast snow for tonight, but likely to be gone in the morning.
    It was supposed to have started snowing at 4pm but obviously it hasn't.

They are now saying 8pm but I'm not getting my hopes up
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing out the curtains by peeping out every few minutes.

on the bright side, this does carry the promise of a certain frisson. The couple opposite have had an en suite fitted and, whilst they've frosted the glass, they still have a side-hinged window. The first one into the shower opens the window to clear the steam. The second one in sometimes forgets and toddles in their without their bathrobe.

OK, it's a bit pervy, but there's not much else to do in this village.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No snow, forcast snow and rain tonight so won't settle. On Friday there was deep snow 5 miles away and none here.

A LO brought me a book: Magical Snow Garden, in anticipation. I hadn't seen this though I have got a couple of Tracey Corderoy books. It is a lovely story about a penguin called Wellington who wanted a flower garden but couldn't grow one in the snow so made one. Lots of UW talk followed - what do flowers need to grow and then we created pictures of his garden. Lots of opportunities could be completed from this story, but the art was off the cuff follow up, yhought of on the spot as I read it to them. I will continue with this story when she comes next week too so when I plan for her I will share anything that could be for everyone.

The Magical Snow Garden: Amazon.co.uk: Tracey Corderoy, Jane Chapman: 9781848959057: Books
    Last edited by FloraDora; 16-01-2016 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Trying to upload art pictures but failing!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I'm wearing out the curtains by peeping out every few minutes.

on the bright side, this does carry the promise of a certain frisson. The couple opposite have had an en suite fitted and, whilst they've frosted the glass, they still have a side-hinged window. The first one into the shower opens the window to clear the steam. The second one in sometimes forgets and toddles in their without their bathrobe.

OK, it's a bit pervy, but there's not much else to do in this village.
    Is it a village for local people 😂😂😂

No snow here but apparantly we have a 90% chance of snow but something tells me I will be freezing watching ds playing rugby not sledging

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    No snow, forcast snow and rain tonight so won't settle. On Friday there was deep snow 5 miles away and none here.

A LO brought me a book: Magical Snow Garden, in anticipation. I hadn't seen this though I have got a couple of Tracey Corderoy books. It is a lovely story about a penguin called Wellington who wanted a flower garden but couldn't grow one in the snow so made one. Lots of UW talk followed - what do flowers need to grow and then we created pictures of his garden. Lots of opportunities could be completed from this story, but the art was off the cuff follow up, yhought of on the spot as I read it to them. I will continue with this story when she comes next week too so when I plan for her I will share anything that could be for everyone.

The Magical Snow Garden: Amazon.co.uk: Tracey Corderoy, Jane Chapman: 9781848959057: Books
    What a lovely sounding book

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Is it a village for local people ?de02?de02?de02

No snow here but apparantly we have a 90% chance of snow but something tells me I will be freezing watching ds playing rugby not sledging
    We got snow enough to get the sledge out.

Rugby is called off because of the frozen pitched so a morning sledging snowman building is on the cards.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a fine dusting. It looks very soft and the road is almost clear so it won't be here for long. It looks beautiful when untouched.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to see derren brown in London last night. Came out at 10 and it was raining but by the time we got to Orpington, it was snowing but still wet on the roads. This morning everything is beautiful n snowy, only a few centimetres but still nice.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to bed at 2am (had been doing my SEF in peace) and it was snowing. DH was going to let me have a lie in but DD was having none of it. She had us all up and out at the crack of dawn having snowball fights. Yesterday we spent the afternoon in a particularly marshy part of the woods where we always go in this weather because there are lots of huge iced over puddles. DD spent ages cracking the puddles. It was awesome.

DD brought home a non fiction reading book about penguins on Friday and so perfect for this weather. We set up a big small world scene and froze ice in different shapes. Did anyone see the gorgeous penguin documentary over Christmas? I think Kate Winslet did the commentary. I missed it and was annoyed, but I would love to find it and watch it today.

I've not read that story Floradora. It looks wonderful. We're going to snuggle up with our Winter stories in a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast