Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NEW YEARS EVE!!

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NEW YEARS EVE!!

The last day of the year hope its a good one whatever you are doing.

We are just having a night in (everything is just tooo expensive) dd is going to a party so dh is on taxi duty

Going to have party food and lots of goodies, board games (if the charger cable comes we will have skylander battles as well) a film and that's our new years ever summed up. Pretty much like every other weekend

Have a good one and stay safe
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds similar to my New Years Eve Fussy!

In my twenties my friends and I used to plan 'exciting' celebrations and spent them in various capital cities around Europe. Now I couldn't think of anything worse, lol! We always watch the fireworks on tv and then rather smugly comment on how lovely and warm we are and how we can pop to the lo without having to queue for ages. It's tradition that we have to get the smug comments in and we do it tongue in cheek.

We are having a buffet and it will be just the three of us.

Stay safe everyone. x

Post Thanks / Like

We have a NYE tradition, we always spend it with my BIL and his wife and my niece and nephew (they are also our best friends) and any other family or close friends who wish to join us (just another couple and their kids this year, as our own parents have much more exciting lives than us lol!). We have my homemade music quiz, takeaway pizza, games (pie face this year!) and garden fireworks. Then watch the fireworks on TV.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to my granny & grandads again and if the weather stays dry we'll be going down to the local beach for midnight, it's always a nice family atmosphere down there.

Got a few games planned before we go to the beach, pie face, card games, Cludeo etc.

Tomorrow I don't move for anyone until my grandad says the stew is ready for tea!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fab kellib

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Spend last new years eve in London as we had been up to a show for my 50th birthday on the 30th Dec - we went to the Lord Mayor's fireworks instead of spending it with our friends - never again, we had to stand on the Embankment from 8 until midnight (luckily it wasn't raining), there was no party atmosphere with just music from a radio station being played, without being racist we were surrounded by people whose first language wasn't English and we felt very isolated and alone, at midnight we normally would be with friends to sing and dance to Aud Lang Syne and lots of New Years kisses but only one chap smiled back at me when I tried to shake people's hands and wish them a Happy New Year.

I think in future I will just record and watch the fireworks on TV - tonight we are going to a posh ball at a local Country House with our friends - although I feel like a teenager again as I had forgotten to book a taxi and my parents are having to collect us!

Happy New Year to all of you

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Party food, champagne that was a Christmas present from one of the parents n a film for us. We wil see the new year in watching fireworks on the TVs then off to bed. Just been to see a flat that DD2 n partner are looking to buy in the new year. So pleased for them. Happy new year to everyone

9. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beach , family party games and a Country house ball all sound good!

We will be eating out with friends at our favourite Indian restaurant then back to one set of friend's home for chatter, Jools and Auld Lang Syne - just oldies this year as all the offspring and their families are celebrating in their own way so this should be interesting as they usually instigate games - I loved playing a game that you held a phone to your head and guessed what was said on it last year, perhaps I'll look for the App, if I can recognise it, before we leave?! I have a travel Peruvian dice game too that will rest in my bag in case games are welcomed.
    Like you Maza I always needed to celebrate ( it's the Scottish genes in me) and planned group holidays away with friends but the best thing about our new year now is the quiet walk home usually and our ritual of first footing our own home with coal. I do like being with close friends though as we all know what our year has been like and who is hoping for a better one without us discussing it. DH and I usually plan our next year on our walk home, though he rarely remembers his contribution the following day despite appearing very coherant! I still like it though as it sorts stuff out in my mind.

No matter how, where or what everyone is doing I hope this evening brings closure to 2015 in a nice way and optimism about a great 2016!

11. Likes hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have spent most of the day at the hospital with DD ( she now has grommets ) and then she wanted to go shopping !!!! ( despite spending yesterday shopping! ) we managed an hour and then were done! she is now home watching tv and I am catching up everything that needed to be done all day

got home and Dh said 'what did you want for tea?' !!!!!

I said something nice and not left overs! not impressed! he has now decided to go and get takeaway !!!

PRE children we used to go out and celebrate, in past years we've been to family parties, had friends over/been to friends, sat at home on our own and watched fireworks on tv, and last year, went away overnight in the campervan! that was the plan for this year, until we knew DD was having grommets today and we didn't know how she would be after! ( fine, but probably needs her own bed, not the campervan hammock! )

so ... not sure what we're doing tonight! I actually just want to go to sleep as I kept waking up last night, to make sure i didn't oversleep, and finally got up at 5.30, as i had planned to get up at 6! ( i woke DD at 6.20 and we left for the hospital at 6.45! ) and have sat in warm hospital from 7.45am - 2pm !

Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

i wish we lived close enough to the beach for midnight! am thinking it might be something to do tomorrow - oh yes! forgot the annual new years day charity swim on scarborough south bay! its usually freezing cold or raining and we think everyone is mad and watch them run into the sea and a few swim and say 'we'll do it next year' ........

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year to you all :-)

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has made me feel all emotional reading it, that'll be the cava then ;-) x

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year to you all - My bed is calling me! I rarely manage to stay up on New Years Eve particularly when DH has passed a few Merlin's my way (Hic) xxx See you all next year xx

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year everyone!, don't post much nowadays since packing up minding but often pop in to 'catch up' xxx

17. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been reading back old new years eve posts! It seems my new years eve plans in lockdown are no different to my new year's eve plans when the world was our oyster!

19. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Just been reading back old new years eve posts! It seems my new years eve plans in lockdown are no different to my new year's eve plans when the world was our oyster!
    I was saying the same to my dh that I would like to blame covid for ruining our new year plans however we always stay in and watch films and play board games
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year all!

We had ( last year ) planned to stay with friends for new year, to 're-live' the new year we had 20 years ago! But with the addition of all our children!

But as we all decided quite some time ago, that it wasn't likely to happen ( they live in Scotland ) we'll be at home having our usual 'stay at home' New Year! DS had wanted to go to the beach with friends, but we've said no ... even though I suspect some will still go.

Stay safe and warm everyone xx

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Same here Maza we never go out DH normally crashes out asleep way before midnight
    Pixie Dust

25. Likes Maza liked this post