Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good morning

I hope all our members have stayed safe with the horrid conditions, flooding etc. Thinking of everyone who is affected x

well I was planning on taking the kids on a long walk this morning to blow some of the cobwebs away however its too windy and I think the cobwebs would be blown into the next county.

we don't seem to have any damage but new reports are saying trees are blown over and certain places are not opening and I don't think we are in the worst hit areas.

So on to plan b film day snuggled up on the settee

Hope you all have something lovely planned
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are lucky down south. Some showers but not bad compared to what others are going through. Got my ds1 and grandson coming to see me for lunch. Got his first pair of shoes yesterday. Doesn't time fly. Going to see Star Wars later with Dd2 n her boyfriend and off to do my 2 mile walk in a minute. Have a good day everyone

3. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    We are lucky down south. Some showers but not bad compared to what others are going through. Got my ds1 and grandson coming to see me for lunch. Got his first pair of shoes yesterday. Doesn't time fly. Going to see Star Wars later with Dd2 n her boyfriend and off to do my 2 mile walk in a minute. Have a good day everyone
    Enjoy Star Wars
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good morning everyone!

we are off shopping in a minute! DD & DS want to hit the outlet centre! I don't need or want anything ...

just been checking routes etc, and it looks ok for flooding, but I can't tell about any trees being down.

DD had suggested going into York, but with all the flooding ( although its going down, but more rain forecast ) we won't be going in - don't want to get in the way of anything or get caught in anything. it is very sad seeing parts of a city I have grown to love and know well, be underwater. ( but as an aside - for those who were in a discussion many months ago about visiting (smelly) Yorvik - sadly it is closed, as it was also flooded and they don't know when it will re-open )

stay safe everyone.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to do food shopping today, but we're not even nearly ready to leave the house. I really want to check out the Christmas decorations in the sale.

I cannot believe the weather in this country at the moment - the awful flooding in some parts of the country and yet in London it is so mild and as I mentioned yesterday our daffodils have now got buds on them. Hope everyone is safe.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    good morning everyone!

we are off shopping in a minute! DD & DS want to hit the outlet centre! I don't need or want anything ...

just been checking routes etc, and it looks ok for flooding, but I can't tell about any trees being down.

DD had suggested going into York, but with all the flooding ( although its going down, but more rain forecast ) we won't be going in - don't want to get in the way of anything or get caught in anything. it is very sad seeing parts of a city I have grown to love and know well, be underwater. ( but as an aside - for those who were in a discussion many months ago about visiting (smelly) Yorvik - sadly it is closed, as it was also flooded and they don't know when it will re-open )

stay safe everyone.
    I thought of your daughter yesterday when I saw that the Jorvik Centre was flooded! My husband is gutted!

My eldest son lives just outside York city centre but has luckily escaped the floods. He was staying with us at the time so all he could do was listen to the radio updates to see how far the water was moving. He did phone the takeaway at the end of their street a couple of times to check they were still dry! When they bought their house they checked it wasn't in a flood area and thought they were well clear. It's been a bit of a shock to know the water got so close and shows how bad it must have been.

Today is our first day since before Christmas Eve that we've got no visitors, so I'm taking it easy! We're off out soon for a bit of a food shop, but that's it. DD and I are in the middle of watching her Teen Wolf DVDs, so we're going to watch a few more episodes this afternoon.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning
    Very windy here today, it is coming from the south and was blowing at my bedroom window this morning which is what woke me up. I hope it calms down soon, I hate the wind when it's like this.
    My children have been building a gingerbread house this morning (it's the first chance they've had to do it). My mum and dad went home yesterday, they've been staying with us since Xmas Eve but we are off to see them again today, got to pick up some new school shoes and trainer for DS so we'll be off soon.
    Hope everyone stays safe with no damage to anything.

xxx

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We rarely get extremes of weather but it is blowing a real gale today and I had to baton down things in the garden at the crack of dawn, some of the rose supports are broken. As I did so I thought about all the flooded areas and how they must feel as my couple of rose supports made me cross, how do you cope with your home being damaged so badly?

I popped into town this morning to take some windy day photos and I wasn't dissapointed. I am constantly compelled to take photographs of empty tables, abandoned by someone who has enjoyed the social occasion or...waiting for someone to come to them, I keep a sort of digital scrapbook of them ..each one in my head tells a story. Today I found abandoned blown over table and chairs with menus fluttering ( who on earth set these out I wondered?). I am staying warm and cosy now and spending the afternoon editing my photos. As I write this I have remembered a Christmas conversation around if we don't print our photos why do we bother taking them and why don't I take family portraits! Other people dictating how I use my interest which forced me into taking dreadful unnatural family portraits which I know I will delete this afternoon and spend the next month ignoring emails requesting them!
    I have several friends in York, Leeds and Cumbria and have heard so many tales of ' got away with little damage' thank goodness, but I know so many were not as lucky and usually safe from flooding areas have been devasted, like everyone else on here I do wonder what the weather future holds for us.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

I thought of your daughter yesterday when I saw that the Jorvik Centre was flooded! My husband is gutted!

My eldest son lives just outside York city centre but has luckily escaped the floods. He was staying with us at the time so all he could do was listen to the radio updates to see how far the water was moving. He did phone the takeaway at the end of their street a couple of times to check they were still dry! When they bought their house they checked it wasn't in a flood area and thought they were well clear. It's been a bit of a shock to know the water got so close and shows how bad it must have been.

Today is our first day since before Christmas Eve that we've got no visitors, so I'm taking it easy! We're off out soon for a bit of a food shop, but that's it. DD and I are in the middle of watching her Teen Wolf DVDs, so we're going to watch a few more episodes this afternoon.
    Glad your sons house has survived. Friends in York have been out helping with filling sandbags and now the clean up. I would have gone to help, but local press were saying that they had enough helpers.