Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A week to Christmas Eve

I hope we are all on wind down. I hope lots of you have booked the time off over Christmas.

I need to wrap and food shop and that's it. After tonight all clubs are finished so no more running around.

We went ice skating last night which as a spectator looked fab turned out my dd7 is a natural never been on the ice before yet whizzing around like a good one.

Still feeling a bit grotty but knowing there is only a couple of days to go is getting me through

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope we can all stay germ free between now and Christmas keep saying I'm going to set up a decontamination chamber in front of my door!. having children turn up with cough/colds having bad nights, one on monday had lots of horrid nappies due to teething um!! Always suspicious of that one.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Last full day of working here, only doing a half day on Monday then off till the 7th Jan!

Got Christmas crafts to finish off this afternoon so that's our day taken care of. Need to get a mindees birthday present wrapped before they arrive after nursery!

Going to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert tonight so looking forward to that!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Lets hope we can all stay germ free between now and Christmas keep saying I'm going to set up a decontamination chamber in front of my door!. having children turn up with cough/colds having bad nights, one on monday had lots of horrid nappies due to teething um!! Always suspicious of that one.
    Has this conversation with a friend about what happens a child when teething. Twice her daughter came out in a rash the second time nearly covered in it. Temperature to go with it and when she took child to the doctor he said it was due to teething.... Most of my families have all had tummy bugs over the last week by the time they are sick I have already been in contact with them on Tuesday one mum caught the bug. I had her lol for a few hours so she could try get some sleep. She knows I only have her lo on a Wednesday so texted Wednesday morning to say she still not 100% and will be staying at home with the lo that day ... day off for me to do loads or so I thought. Within 10 mins my tummy started to churn... ended to back to bed and draggedy self out at 1.45. Felt sick all day but didn't be sick and feeling almost back to normal now
    Tess1981

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrapped all of DD's presents on Tuesday and put them under the tree whilst she was at school (then hid them again) and then both DH and I felt that it looked like much fewer presents than previous years and so we ordered a few more from Amazon. Her granny usually sends over a handful of presents from South Africa but she was here in November and so we let DD open them in front of Granny so that Granny got to see her face as she opened them and got to see her wearing the clothes she had bought for her. Other family members gave her extra money for her recent birthday/joint Christmas present as they knew she was saving up for a new bike. All very generous and lovely, but it is nice to have an impressive stash of presents to open on Christmas morning. I'm making myself sound so greedy and materialistic, I'm not at all, the gifts don't have to be expensive.

On Saturday we're off to Manchester to see my family for a couple of days. We're staying in a hotel and so I have to shop today for food for the journey and the rest of the trip. Out with friends tomorrow so really only have today.

Hope everyone stays healthy! x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Panic has officially set in and I've hit the "why did I leave it this late to start on Christmas" stage. I had a faint thought last night that I ought to vow to start earlier next year, but I know I won't so there's no point saying it

All I can say is thank goodness for Argos reserve and collect and Amazon next day delivery! It's amazing how you can go to bed having bought nothing, spend a few hours on the Ipad and wake up knowing half the presents are either on their way or can be collected this evening! I realise I'm going to have to go to town for a few bits and the stocking fillers and I realise I haven't thought about when I'm going to get a food shop done, but hey...I've got a whole week to go

7. Likes Maza, AliceK liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Panic has officially set in and I've hit the "why did I leave it this late to start on Christmas" stage. I had a faint thought last night that I ought to vow to start earlier next year, but I know I won't so there's no point saying it

All I can say is thank goodness for Argos reserve and collect and Amazon next day delivery! It's amazing how you can go to bed having bought nothing, spend a few hours on the Ipad and wake up knowing half the presents are either on their way or can be collected this evening! I realise I'm going to have to go to town for a few bits and the stocking fillers and I realise I haven't thought about when I'm going to get a food shop done, but hey...I've got a whole week to go
    Rest of my food shop ordered online there now and being delivered tomorrow all I have to get is the fresh veg which I will do on Wednesday at a local shop... feeling smug lol no doubt I will be dragged into town by some member of my family or the boyfriend but I will go if I don't have to drive if only for the fun of watching others run around like headless chickens doing the last minute dash .. oh that's a wee nasty streak he he
    Tess1981

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=tess1981;1414521 if only for the fun of watching others run around like headless chickens doing the last minute dash .. [/QUOTE]

That'll be me

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Last full day of working here, only doing a half day on Monday then off till the 7th Jan!

Got Christmas crafts to finish off this afternoon so that's our day taken care of. Need to get a mindees birthday present wrapped before they arrive after nursery!

Going to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert tonight so looking forward to that!
    Ooooooo enjoy Priscilla. :-) it's one of my most favourite shows. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it was just fab. Who is playing Tick? I saw Jason Donovan who was lovely and the boy playing Felicia is just beautiful! Very jealous - I'd love to see it again (and I've seen it loads!) xxx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Ooooooo enjoy Priscilla. :-) it's one of my most favourite shows. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it was just fab. Who is playing Tick? I saw Jason Donovan who was lovely and the boy playing Felicia is just beautiful! Very jealous - I'd love to see it again (and I've seen it loads!) xxx
    It's still Jason Donovan, that's my main reason for seeing it lol.

I love musicals and have seen most of them but this will be my first time at Priscilla so very much looking forward to it!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Made memory jars yesterday as the last mindees gifts for parents and taking ages to dry. Only just realised 2 have got to go home tomorrow so having a little panic. They may have to be new year gifts if they're not ready. Just food shopping to do now. Grandson 1st birthday tomorrow n Dd2 birthday next Wednesday. Really looking forward to an early finish next Wednesday and a week of to follow

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post

It's still Jason Donovan, that's my main reason for seeing it lol.

I love musicals and have seen most of them but this will be my first time at Priscilla so very much looking forward to it!
    Oh enjoy! It's such a feel good, laugh out loud show ... and last time I went half the audience were dressed up as drag queens! So much glitter!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Wrapped all of DD's presents on Tuesday and put them under the tree whilst she was at school (then hid them again) and then both DH and I felt that it looked like much fewer presents than previous years and so we ordered a few more from Amazon. Her granny usually sends over a handful of presents from South Africa but she was here in November and so we let DD open them in front of Granny so that Granny got to see her face as she opened them and got to see her wearing the clothes she had bought for her. Other family members gave her extra money for her recent birthday/joint Christmas present as they knew she was saving up for a new bike. All very generous and lovely, but it is nice to have an impressive stash of presents to open on Christmas morning. I'm making myself sound so greedy and materialistic, I'm not at all, the gifts don't have to be expensive.

On Saturday we're off to Manchester to see my family for a couple of days. We're staying in a hotel and so I have to shop today for food for the journey and the rest of the trip. Out with friends tomorrow so really only have today.

Hope everyone stays healthy! x
    Having got 3 boys, for years I use to buy last minute 'tat' so they would have the same number of presents but this year will be very different. Eldest son has asked for money. He's come home, broke, from 2nd year at Uni & apparently has too much course work to get a job! (Me & dh at loggerheads over that. I say 'lets call his bluff' & dh says 'no, his coursework v important').
    So, only one little envelope under the tree for him. He'll probably refuse to get out of bed Christmas morning as there aren't loads of presents to open. Welcome to the adult world son!.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Still wrapping my presents Tomorrow is the last day of term, my hubby has the day off and will come with me and youngest DD for a Xmas carol concert at our local church. It's across two fields from the school, so we will all be wearing our wellies. The whole school (50 kids), walks there and back.
    Then we will bring DD home and wait for eldest DD to get back from school on the bus (half day). Dreading the afternoon as it's the funeral of my Nan and the DDs Great Grandma.
    It will seem like a strange day, Xmas carols in the morning then a funeral.

But at least Xmas will have started properly!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Still wrapping my presents Tomorrow is the last day of term, my hubby has the day off and will come with me and youngest DD for a Xmas carol concert at our local church. It's across two fields from the school, so we will all be wearing our wellies. The whole school (50 kids), walks there and back.
    Then we will bring DD home and wait for eldest DD to get back from school on the bus (half day). Dreading the afternoon as it's the funeral of my Nan and the DDs Great Grandma.

Oh, thinking of you tomorrow afternoon. Awful time of year for funerals, well no time is nice!

18. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ripeberry I'm sorry for your loss. Hope it all goes well for you all. x

20. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Still wrapping my presents Tomorrow is the last day of term, my hubby has the day off and will come with me and youngest DD for a Xmas carol concert at our local church. It's across two fields from the school, so we will all be wearing our wellies. The whole school (50 kids), walks there and back. Then we will bring DD home and wait for eldest DD to get back from school on the bus (half day). Dreading the afternoon as it's the funeral of my Nan and the DDs Great Grandma. It will seem like a strange day, Xmas carols in the morning then a funeral. But at least Xmas will have started properly!
    So sorry for your loss x

22. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh sweetie, take care, and will be thinking of you tomorrow xx

24. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Will be thinking of you xx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

26. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your messages. Just want to get it over with now.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com