Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Its the Final Countdown

To the end of school and for some the last day of work.

I have nothing planned just going to go with the flow its an early finish night as well.

I made whiskey caramel sauce for presents for the teachers etc last night so they can go in today. Well what can you do when your dd's teacher from last year is having cravings for it. A nice big jar is done for her this morning

DD1 made cakes for her friends at college last night taught her well homemade gifts can work out cheaper than shop brought one especially when you have a few friends to buy for. She also has her first date today
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooo I think I need the recipe for whiskey caramel sauce! PLEASE :-)

Had DD up in the night with ear ache :-( but she is still going to school as only watching dvds and practising for carol service.

I've got toddlers Christmas party and then school carol service, then 9 lessons and carols at church tonight-I'm meant to be reading and singing-but my throat is very sore and my cough is dreadful so maybe not. :-(

Have a good day everyone xxx

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit of an upside down today... Los normally go to play school at 12 and home for 2.30 although I don't do a school on a Friday. Today parents drop them to school at 9 and collect them at 11.30 and drop them to me. One will come home and have a 2 hour sleep. One lo is going home early today and have had a text from a mum saying they slept in and will be a bit later than usual. Another lo late as well so out of 5 mindees today only one has turned up in time although he goes home early ")
    Tess1981

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work today. Long overdue haircut for DD this afternoon - she's grumpy about that as she is trying to grow it, I remember not being able to get my head around that one as a kid too. Then we're all going round to one of her friend's houses for playdate and Christmas drinks. Have to get ready for our trip to Manchester tomorrow. Hate packing for trips.

Fussy - hope thedate goes well! What a milestone.
    Loocyloo hope you and DD feel better. x

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Oooo I think I need the recipe for whiskey caramel sauce! PLEASE :-)

Had DD up in the night with ear ache :-( but she is still going to school as only watching dvds and practising for carol service.

I've got toddlers Christmas party and then school carol service, then 9 lessons and carols at church tonight-I'm meant to be reading and singing-but my throat is very sore and my cough is dreadful so maybe not. :-(

Have a good day everyone xxx
    Here you go Caramel & whisky sauce | BBC Good Food

I out in a label saying simple pour over Christmas pud, drizzle over ice cream or just eat with a spoon :-)

Lovely and quick to make and makes great gifts
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone.

Today is my day off and my usual day for a lie in, but I had a Dr's appointment first thing this morning so had to be up as early as ever anyway.

I've had a productive morning making a start on the present wrapping and updating my lists (now that I've actually bought some presents to add to them!). DD finishes school early today so we're heading to town to get a few more bits and collect a few things I've had delivered to shops. I've given myself a deadline to get everything done by - next Thursday

9. Likes loocyloo, AliceK liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have 1 before school 7:10-9 and one after school til 6 today, my own ds school finished early so he's been home an hour and a bit and my dd goes to school with other mindees and they are finishing normal time. I have written invoices, a couple of emails and a termly summary for 1 lo. But I had so much more to do before this point. Uhoh!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Swings and roundabouts here.

I'm working at least Monday-Wednesday next week, on reduced numbers. it's the usual bitter-sweet thing of having fewer children so we can maybe get out and about a bit more, but knowing it's hardly worth the time I'll put in for the little I'll earn.

Last day at school today. I've not had to do my usual Friday pick-up, since mum phoned to say my schoolie has D&V. So, how long before I find out if she passed it onto me earlier in the week? At least I was spared the hell of the end-of-term playground, not to mention the futility of trying to keep a skip-load of artwork dry in a tin carrier bag in the face of driving rain.

All in all, I'm just relieved to have got through this week. I don't want to hear about another school trip, play, concert, etc. until next term is done.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Swings and roundabouts here.

I'm working at least Monday-Wednesday next week, on reduced numbers. it's the usual bitter-sweet thing of having fewer children so we can maybe get out and about a bit more, but knowing it's hardly worth the time I'll put in for the little I'll earn.

Last day at school today. I've not had to do my usual Friday pick-up, since mum phoned to say my schoolie has D&V. So, how long before I find out if she passed it onto me earlier in the week? At least I was spared the hell of the end-of-term playground, not to mention the futility of trying to keep a skip-load of artwork dry in a tin carrier bag in the face of driving rain.

All in all, I'm just relieved to have got through this week. I don't want to hear about another school trip, play, concert, etc. until next term is done.
    D&v doing rounds last 2 weeks. Only have one lo on a Wednesday and mum texted to say she still not feeling feel as was sick Tuesday and would be keep lo with her. I then started feeling sick. Could not have picked a better day to be unwell with no Los to cancel. Was not sick but tummy churned all day. Slept most of it away
    Tess1981

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[HR][/HDid last school run at lunch time. Crafts all done n ready to go but still go 3 days work next week

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You have started me off singing now!

15. Likes bunyip, Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My day off today so I got lots done, haircut, last minute shopping, delivering presents to friends and my sons swimming lesson where he got his latest badge, 2000m!

Thankfully his swimming club finished last weekend or we'd still have to go out again tonight, instead we're getting to have a quiet night in on a friday for the first time since summer!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    My day off today so I got lots done, haircut, last minute shopping, delivering presents to friends and my sons swimming lesson where he got his latest badge, 2000m!

Thankfully his swimming club finished last weekend or we'd still have to go out again tonight, instead we're getting to have a quiet night in on a friday for the first time since summer!

Oh how I envy you. My ds's swimming club doesn't finish until tonight so once again we are out tonight (as well as 2 other nights every week), not back until around 10.30pm and then tomorrow, the last Saturday before Xmas, he has a big competition so we will be watching that tomorrow. I have NO IDEA when I will get all my last bits and pieces done before Xmas, I'm working until Xmas Eve next week. I am so looking forward to not having to go out any evenings for a couple of weeks - bliss.

xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    D&v doing rounds last 2 weeks. Only have one lo on a Wednesday and mum texted to say she still not feeling feel as was sick Tuesday and would be keep lo with her. I then started feeling sick. Could not have picked a better day to be unwell with no Los to cancel. Was not sick but tummy churned all day. Slept most of it away
    Poor you. Hope you're better now and stay well for the holidays.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have still got days to go - 1 in tomorrow (was 2 till this afternoon), 5 on Monday (was only 1 at 2220 last night, still can't knock an extra 4 days payments ), lots on Tuesday, 6 weds and then I can collapse on Christmas Eve, Except my sister and nephew are visiting from Kent so we are having a girly day while Grandma babysits

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    You have started me off singing now!
    Europe get any party started.

Well that is it for me and childminding till 2016 Im looking forward to the break and santa visiting.

Just need to shift this cough/cold now.

Stay well everyone :thumbsup
    :

21. Likes bunyip liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

Poor you. Hope you're better now and stay well for the holidays.
    Yes feeling back to normal thank you. . My immune system not to bad if I only felt sick while one parent had to have two days of work.. I troop on lol
    Tess1981

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Up and ready for the day at 7 20am and my 8 am lo is vomiting. Mum texted me this morning at 7.30 to say she vomited after midnight and had a temp but not been sick since and she knew she could not send her. Don't you love it when parents actually listen to you about sickness so 2 today instead of 3 and one of them not in til 11.30
    Tess1981

24. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 2 today and going to see my ex MIL for awhile. Then movies n munchies this afternoon. Busy tomorrow n Wednesday though

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

7 today (inc my own) and same again tomorrow then a bit quieter on Weds. Today we are doing Xmas crafts and tomorrow we are doing Xmas baking / decorating. Hopefully just a wind down day on Weds.

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast