Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thursday

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thursday

2 weeks till Christmas Eve

Today is the toddler group Christmas party lets see if my mindees like or dislike santa

Doesn't look a very nice day out there today.

Hope you all have something lovely planned.

And does anyone want to come and motivate me to do the Christmas shopping even online seems way to much work
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

2. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, I wish you hadn't said it's only two weeks till Christmas Eve. It make me realise how much I've got to do and how little time I've got to do it.

This morning I said to DH "we have got to sit down this evening and decide on Christmas presents for everyone". He said "yes, I know, I've been telling you that for weeks but you keep putting it off!"

Oops

4. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No work today. It's nice to touch base with my home again after being out at work all week. Thursday is always my big clean up day. Funnily enough it takes just as long to do as when I was childminding. Still lots of finished/unfinished arts and crafts to clear away.

DH and I are going to treat ourselves to a Starbucks Christmas coffee today (2 for 1 offer, conveniently) and we're going to either order or collect a turkey crown from 'Cook' - my new favourite shop which opened in our village a few months ago. They always have little taster pots for you to munch on while you look around and it's always delicious and hot.

Two Christmas presents were delivered earlier today - one gorgeous, one terrible - what was I thinking? Hoping to post my secret santa today and a little wreath that I bought for my nieces magic fairy door - bought it last January and had forgotten all about it until I came across it whilst looking for something else.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pouring down here , so as Ive got all my little ones we are doing our christmas photos . The 3 year old is a complete chatter box so we are recreating the silent night photo - tied up in christmas lights with tape over his mouth. Only I used black tape and he looked like hitler...back to drawing board......

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Dry so far here today but so windy!

Thursday is my manic day with lots of nursery & school pick ups, this morning we started our Christmas calendars for parents.

This afternoon we need to wait in for the gas man coming, exciting stuff! Well it is for the LO's who always act like they've never seen another human when someone comes into the house!

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

just booked to go and see Guy Garvey live next June!!! playing an open air concert in local forestry commission. As 'discovery pass members' I could book early! I didn't know I liked his music till DS pointed out to me that almost EVERY time I say 'what's that song? or who is that?' ... it turns out to be Guy Garvey or Elbow !!! We're taking the children too - will be their first time of seeing a named person play live! ( we see loads of local bands )

had a super morning with my 3 EY - we went for a LONG walk ... at local Forestry commission forest ... found the Gruffalo, Gruffalos child AND several Stickmen !!!! some VERY excited children. we had lunch in the café and they all fell asleep on the way home - I think they'll be asleep till school run time whilst waiting for lunch to come we managed to decorate our Christmas cards with pens & stickers ( I took them with me )

I now need to get to get on with prepping tea.

have a good rest of the day everyone xxx

12. Likes BallyH liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Pouring down here , so as Ive got all my little ones we are doing our christmas photos . The 3 year old is a complete chatter box so we are recreating the silent night photo - tied up in christmas lights with tape over his mouth. Only I used black tape and he looked like hitler...back to drawing board......
    this made me laugh out loud and nearly spit tea over the computer!

I have one I really ought to photo like that

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

loocyloo your morning sounds fabulous! I think my walks in the wood is the thing I miss most about childminding.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a stickman trail near us, well half an hour drive but sounds like it was worth the longer journey...
    Have some stickman obsessed 3 year olds next week that would love it so may make it our Xmas treat trip

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well that was a long day. LO is usually here 11 hours anyway but parents stuck on the train for nearly an hour so I almost went right round the clock!

17. Likes Maza liked this post