Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good morning

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for asking! She did it!

We had to be at the theatre for 12 and didn't leave until gone 10 at night and so it was a looong and gruelling day. I was a dresser - not for her group but I was in the same room and so she could pop over to me throughout the day (and night!). A few weeks ago when I saw the schedule I wrote to the dance teacher and said that we would have to drop out as DD would never manage it emotionally. The 'Head mum' in charge of dressers had told me that I couldn't be in the same dressing room as my DD. The dance teacher talked me into staying and said that I could be in DDs dressing room. This got the Head mum's back up. At the rehearsal the day before she saw DD on my lap ad said in a condescending voice "You do know that you can't just look after your own child don't you? You have to help the others". I was annoyed because of course I had been helping the others but just as she looked over DD had climbed onto my lap. It's hard being the mum of an anxious child, you do get labelled as a fuss pot mum - it's a vicious circle. Some kids take it all in their stride and others need scaffolding. Anyway, backstage DD chatted and played with the other girls a lot - I don't think she's said one word to any of them since she started tap lessons. She asked me to do a few things for her but I told her to go and ask her own dressers, which she did - and that for her was massive! So I was on cloud nine by the end of the show! It was about so much more than the dancing for us. DH and MIL saw the show and said she was fantastic and she absolutely loved being on stage which I knew she would. I am so glad I didn't bow down to pressure and make her go through it without my support because that would have literally been traumatic for her and we would have regressed socially, whereas we actually made huge leaps of progress yesterday! I can put up with a few condescending comments from mums who don't have socially anxious children!

Love the blue eye shadow pencil, by the way. x

2. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Thanks for asking! She did it!

We had to be at the theatre for 12 and didn't leave until gone 10 at night and so it was a looong and gruelling day. I was a dresser - not for her group but I was in the same room and so she could pop over to me throughout the day (and night!). A few weeks ago when I saw the schedule I wrote to the dance teacher and said that we would have to drop out as DD would never manage it emotionally. The 'Head mum' in charge of dressers had told me that I couldn't be in the same dressing room as my DD. The dance teacher talked me into staying and said that I could be in DDs dressing room. This got the Head mum's back up. At the rehearsal the day before she saw DD on my lap ad said in a condescending voice "You do know that you can't just look after your own child don't you? You have to help the others". I was annoyed because of course I had been helping the others but just as she looked over DD had climbed onto my lap. It's hard being the mum of an anxious child, you do get labelled as a fuss pot mum - it's a vicious circle. Some kids take it all in their stride and others need scaffolding. Anyway, backstage DD chatted and played with the other girls a lot - I don't think she's said one word to any of them since she started tap lessons. She asked me to do a few things for her but I told her to go and ask her own dressers, which she did - and that for her was massive! So I was on cloud nine by the end of the show! It was about so much more than the dancing for us. DH and MIL saw the show and said she was fantastic and she absolutely loved being on stage which I knew she would. I am so glad I didn't bow down to pressure and make her go through it without my support because that would have literally been traumatic for her and we would have regressed socially, whereas we actually made huge leaps of progress yesterday! I can put up with a few condescending comments from mums who don't have socially anxious children!

Love the blue eye shadow pencil, by the way. x
    Yay! to your DD. Brilliant news. I'm so pleased it went well and she enjoyed it... That's the beginning of the end ........ ;-)

4. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12