Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WEEKEND PLANS

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default WEEKEND PLANS

So are what are your plans for the weekend.

I have dropped eldest ds for a cadet camp this morning. Eldest dd is at dance. Youngest 2 are playing outside.

Im getting the bake on promised dhs footie team some cakes for their fundraiser tomorrow.

Other than that I have no real plans just going to go with the flow

But its a lovely day out there so far
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the Dianna playground this morning in Kensington Park. It's so lovely there. Coming back through the park and past the palace we inevitably started talking about various kings and queens and it has since become DD's latest obsession. I introduced lots of lovely new vocabulary - divorced, beheaded, executed, lol! She does love learning but she has had me googling stuff ever since we got home and I just wanted to get on here and chill! It did make me realise how limited my own knowledge on the subject is but I love how kids make you learn/relearn facts. We're going to focus our visits on palaces for the rest of the holidays - I am so glad she got into this subject before we move out of London! Also a bit relieved that she's moving away from dinosaurs as we have exhausted that topic over the years!

Hubby just cleaning the braai ready for early dinner. No plans for tomorrow. Maybe Hampton Court Palace if it's not to pricey.

Enjoy the sun everyone! x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It's raining again... painted outside garden furniture this morning went to town bought dd new school bag and am now sitting in the local pub on my phone sipping diet coke while my oh watching football . He could not get the match on TV at home so decided he needed me to sit with him so he didn't look like a loner lol he is also on soft drinks we both look so sad lmao
    Tess1981

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Start of a week off here for me so I'm doing everything at a slow pace. Got a first birthday party tomorrow then a family BBQ here for my lot. Have a good one everyone

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    It's raining again... painted outside garden furniture this morning went to town bought dd new school bag and am now sitting in the local pub on my phone sipping diet coke while my oh watching football . He could not get the match on TV at home so decided he needed me to sit with him so he didn't look like a loner lol he is also on soft drinks we both look so sad lmao
    Oh bless him, lol! I always think blokes can get away with being in a pub on their own, especially if sport is on. Like you, I'm sitting here (only at home though) while hubby watches the rugby. I also can't drink because I'm on antibiotics. You just also reminded me that I need to buy school shoes and order name labels.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Oh bless him, lol! I always think blokes can get away with being in a pub on their own, especially if sport is on. Like you, I'm sitting here (only at home though) while hubby watches the rugby. I also can't drink because I'm on antibiotics. You just also reminded me that I need to buy school shoes and order name labels.
    Oh I can drink if I want to lol just know I will be house bound after though as won't be able to drive and have had a quick look around the pub I'm the only woman here at least I have wifi might buy myself something nice he he he
    Tess1981

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sat in the garden all day, the sun has shone and I have read and drank tea and listened to podcasts and taken photos of my lillies and bees and coloured my reverse garden in my colouring book.

Spoke to both sons, youngest has had a big promotion so lots of happiness there, though is spending the day in Preston at a music function and apparantly there are issues with the water so all the local shops have run out of bottled....and he has transported several Aldi packs of water from Manchester to help out! I expect North Westerners are aware of this, makes me feel guilty at the ease of which I have drank water out of our taps today, I hope it resolves soon.
    Organised with oldest a road trip tomorrow to Oxford to see him/ deliver the things he forgot , wistfully wish I was visiting him in Brighton as I used to...but DH has reminded me that if it is warm it would be beyond busy...though I expect Oxford will be the same.

DH has followed football in the garden, phoned oldest for a discussion about the Villa win and Mark Albrightons goal ( someone we know). When the boys left home I actually missed the weekend sport discussions- but when they were growing up I used to wish I had a girl to go shopping with!

Off to a friends for a bbcue tea soon.

What a lovely day.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're in Northumberland on holiday ... driving down a country lane ... not another car in sight ... a car came the other way and we pulled over to let them pass ... it was a mindee and family! They knew we had come to Northumberland and had just been saying they wonder if they'll see us!

Wonder how many more times we'll bump into them.

:-)
    xx

10. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I made 89 cupcakes and they have been collected.

The weather has been lovely today a proper summers day.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a mad one. OH got to bed Friday night and suddenly had a niggling feeling his best mates wedding was sooner than the end of the month. Went and retrieved the invite and it was yesterday!

The next hour was spent ironing and organising a ferry as it was on the isle of Wight. Only ones we could book were 7am and 10pm. Trouble is the ferry is a 30 minute drive away n you have to check in 30 minutes before. Queue the mad rush and alarm set for 5.30.

We had an amazing day. The wedding was beautiful in a gorgeous setting. I had far too much alcohol but managed not to make an idiot of myself.

We got home at just after 11pm so poor DS will hopefully sleep well past his usual 6 or 7am wake up (so far so good).

He made me so proud suddenly pulling confidence out of the hat and was a true delight. He usually struggles in new situations and becomes shy but he did fab. He shook so many hands and hugged so many women bless him.

14. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh bless your son, Shortstuff! I remember really not being comfortable at the two weddings I went to as a child - because of exactly what you said - the handshakes and the hugs!

Thank goodness your husband had that niggling feeling! Can you imagine if you had missed it?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Oh bless your son, Shortstuff! I remember really not being comfortable at the two weddings I went to as a child - because of exactly what you said - the handshakes and the hugs!

Thank goodness your husband had that niggling feeling! Can you imagine if you had missed it?
    He was fab. I can't praise him highly enough. Thankfully he slept in till 9am! His little logical brain was already in overdrive lol. He immediately said we'll I've slept in 2 hours late so I can go to bed 2 hours late tonight lol.

We are very relieved he noticed. The groom thanked us about 4 times for going, phew!

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just returned from a lovely day in Oxford- haven't been for years.
    Oldest son is all settled in a lovely place - couldn't spend as much time as we wanted in the Ashmolean as TOO MUCH TO SEE!
    For photographers who love buildings it was like a sweet shop!

National HistoryMuseum is wonderful, although this was just a taster visit.

Sunday Lunch at Tolkein and CSLewis haunt - pub lunch was all the better for the American Tolkein fan group sitting next to us.

On the way I was sort of wishing he still lived in Brighton as we loved our road trips with the sea at the end ( I live in an area which is the furthest point from the sea in all directions) but Oxford matched it.....except for the tourists!

Looking forward to the next year of visiting, for any childminders in this area- you are so lucky!

But they are not happy yet...not friendly enough, no pubs to watch the football in, looking forward to students over tourists ( says the couple that have loved living in Brighton) I think it's returning from South America blues and will pass ...my son reckons though that the South Americans were always friendly and he always managed to find a bar to watch the English premier league where the locals talked about the goal....he tried this in the only bar he found and was ignored. ( long haired hippy, who on earth does he think he is daring to open a conversation when he doesn't know us ..sort of vibe it seems)They spent the day talking about Bristol.........!!!
    I think they may be a bit nomadic for a while, which their jobs will allow, but for now ..I am planning my next trip to Oxford.

19. Likes Maza liked this post