Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A RAINY THURSDAY

What are you all up to?

I have no mindees so have a friends dd stay for 2 nights. Is anyone else like me always have lots of others peoples children.

But in fairness my friend will have my dd in return.

They have planned a bike ride and a picnic mmmm maybe an alternative is needed.

Have a good day everyone
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful sunshine here, and not working😁.Hubby and I are going for a lovely long riverside walk this morning, then plan to tidy up some very droopy looking plants that suffered in all the recent heavy rain. Hope your rain stops soon, have a good day.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am always doing play dates when I am not working ! Dds usually don't need entertaining if they hAve a friend so I have an ulterior motive ! We are gonna go to the botanic gardens today I am fed up being stuck in with the weather being so bad and the age range from 14-1 makes it hard to please everyone so we are just going and that's that! Have a good day !

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Fussy - a two night sleepover? I'm dreading when the one nighters start, let alone two nights

No mindees on Thursdays so DD and I usually go out on a trip somewhere but we haven't decided where yet. She wants to do the Natural History Museum but I'm not in the mood for it. I usually love it but last time we were there (Easter holidays) everyone just got on my nerves. I miss the days before she started school when we could do our Thursday trips during term time when everywhere was quieter. Last night I fancied taking her to Kensington Park/Diana Memorial playground (brilliant place) but we are still in our pjs and so unless you get there for 10 as it opens you risk it being really busy so that's unlikely to happen today. Have a few chores to do so will probably just get them done and then do something very local. Need to get my butt into gear, I used to be so pro-active on my days off and I hate 'wasting' them.

Have a good day everyone. x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

:-) We're off to a music session at children's centre, dd to a friends and ds is still in bed!

Busy day as I'm needing to tidy up etc as we're off to a wedding for the weekend and a friend is going to come to look after animals!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE="Maza;1405110"]Gosh Fussy - a two night sleepover? I'm dreading when the one nighters start, let alone two nights

No mindees on Thursdays so DD and I usually go out on a trip somewhere but we haven't decided where yet. She wants to do the Natural History Museum but I'm not in the mood for it. I usually love it but last time we were there (Easter holidays) everyone just got on my nerves. I miss the days before she started school when we could do our Thursday trips during term time when everywhere was quieter. Last night I fancied taking her to Kensington Park/Diana Memorial playground (brilliant place) but we are still in our pjs and so unless you get there for 10 as it opens you risk it being really busy so that's unlikely to happen today. Have a few chores to do so will probably just get them done and then do something very local. Need to get my butt into gear, I used to be so pro-active on my days off and I hate 'wasting' them.

Have a good day everyone. x[/QUOTE

I love that Park. We always used to go when we went to London. Didn't manage it on our last trip and I felt I missed out!
    Hope you find something to do. I know what you mean, I hate wasting my days off too! Although sometimes just doing nothing is good. (But I still feel like I'm wasting it! )
    xx

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a lovely sunny morning here (although cold). After being stuck in because of the weather recently and feeling really tired and drained I really wanted to get out for a walk this morning but I have children coming and going all morning so won't get the chance and then one of them will need a sleep after lunch and I have to be in for DS coming home so I guess I wont get a chance to get out today and the garden just wont do it for me. I really need to have a walk in the woods, blow away the cobwebs. Oh well

Have a good day everyone.

xxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    We have a lovely sunny morning here (although cold). After being stuck in because of the weather recently and feeling really tired and drained I really wanted to get out for a walk this morning but I have children coming and going all morning so won't get the chance and then one of them will need a sleep after lunch and I have to be in for DS coming home so I guess I wont get a chance to get out today and the garden just wont do it for me. I really need to have a walk in the woods, blow away the cobwebs. Oh well

Have a good day everyone.

xxx
    Oh gosh I know that feeling. I get cabin fever if I haven't had a change of scenery for a for a while.
    Well DH has just downloaded Paddington and so we are all watching it and loving it! I guess we're not going on a trip anywhere soon.

13. Likes AliceK liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post
    Yeah I am always doing play dates when I am not working ! Dds usually don't need entertaining if they hAve a friend so I have an ulterior motive ! We are gonna go to the botanic gardens today I am fed up being stuck in with the weather being so bad and the age range from 14-1 makes it hard to please everyone so we are just going and that's that! Have a good day !
    Are you based in Belfast?
    Tess1981

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

We also have beautiful sunshine today

So far we have been to the library and shops for treats. We are tucking lunch away and then watching a movie (their request).

Dont feel like going any further today as a parent told be off for going out Tuesday when it wasnt hot enough it was 17 degrees and dry!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The weather has actually cheered up no end here which is good the children are all now out playing
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes shortstuff, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

the weather is still matching my mood here ...
    miserable

Kids all happily playing pirates in the small world tray , but there is sand absolutely everywhere...
    Going to head out to 'minimovers' at the local leisure centre before I go stir crazy!!

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    We also have beautiful sunshine today

So far we have been to the library and shops for treats. We are tucking lunch away and then watching a movie (their request).

Dont feel like going any further today as a parent told be off for going out Tuesday when it wasnt hot enough it was 17 degrees and dry!
    Oh dear. Is he/she usually a problem parent? x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    Are you based in Belfast?
    Hi Tess .. No Dublin are the belfast ones good too?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Haircut then sewing day, though the sun is now out so the garden is tempting me...
    I am planning an early evening spa night at home, long bath, listening to Pachelbel, pedicure and a relaxing magazine read- bought latest 'the Simple things' when we went shopping this morning. Early night....can't wait.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smurfette View Post

Hi Tess .. No Dublin are the belfast ones good too?
    Yeah it is lovely there. Although being a 40mile trip for me I have only walked around them once when I was as a restaurant beside it. Would never venture that far with the mindees lol have a local forest park about 3 mile for me love walking around it when I can fit them all in the car
    Tess1981

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Oh dear. Is he/she usually a problem parent? x
    Increasingly I'm afraid :-(

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Increasingly I'm afraid :-(
    Oh no. Hope you soon sort her out. x

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

Oh no. Hope you soon sort her out. x
    Thanks. I think this one will be a work in progress.