Thread: Dawn chorus

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Dawn chorus

Just completed a dawn chorus photo walk - once you have made the effort what a wonderful way to start the day! I can't really remember all the songs fom different birds but just loved the experience and with a few sunrise photos it was brilliant.
    Totally recomend to do this - national Forest/ wildlife in local area organised- cost £4.00 !! There were a couple of very well behaved wide awake children in the group too - one way of resolving those early morning starts!

Now a coffee croissant and browse before tackling my organisation of upstairs rooms again....then bedding plants are going out into their tubs and baskets....I'm risking it!

2. Likes Mrs Scrubbit liked this post
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I so agree, as we live in an area of woodlands and farmland we are lucky to be woken most days by the beautiful sounds of the dawn chorus. Also taking the risk of planting out some of my bedding plants into their borders tubs and baskets were done a couple of weeks ago but are placed back in the greenhouse when temps. dip, but my greenhouse is bursting at the seams.......so its got to be done x

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to do that. What time did you have to turn up? Hubby has a relative who is some sort of bird expert and is able to identify them by their song. I'm always so amazed by his skill.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Start was 5.15 - but some were at 6.
    Up early to get there though! Got there about 4.00 to take photos of sunrise at 4.15.

I have a rspb clock and each hour a bird sings - but even that doesn't make me learn the songs! I will keep on trying though.
    I am so jealous Mrs Scrubbit - in a couple of years I am hoping to live somewhere where I can't hear the road / train noise over the bird song!
    Last edited by FloraDora; 28-05-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Basic spelling mistake!!

7. Likes Maza liked this post