I am a giver again for World book night today, but this year I am giving books out on an industrial estate...a little daunting now the day has arrived. I have chosen a Roddy Doyle quick read so hopefully it will entertain some enough to read more.

The idea behind it is to get more people reading books. This will be my fourth year of being a giver, taking free books to people who possibly don't usually read. One year I decided to give a free book to single busy young mums, I went along to a coffee morning in our local shopping centre and couldn't believe how positive they all were, the local library had requests for the next book in the sequel too after, so I know it worked! I had 25 books but needed more.

I have chosen a predominantly male community of mechanics and glaziers in the section of the units I have acquired permission to visit today....so am preparing myself for a few jokes! I am going at around lunchtime and so am taking doughnuts too, which might help.

The idea is to switch of the TV tonight and read a book.......my book tonight will be Ken Robinsons that Simona sign posted me to earlier in the week.

More info : About | World Book Night