Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WEEKEND PLANS

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default WEEKEND PLANS

So what are we up to on this beautiful sunny Saturday - well it is here.

Well I have tidied the living room like someone is coming.

Dd went to dance this morning. Dh and ds2 have gone to rugby. We are now just chilling and watching the Scotland/Ireland match. Both Ireland and Wales have done what they needed to do.

England and a take away for tea is the plans for later
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Afternoon FussyElmo
    I've gutted the house this morning and had a meeting with a parent and her 3 children for holiday care which has filled some spaces so that's a bonus. Been to visit the in laws and now I'm lounging on the sofa watching the rugby with the dog and Gracie ( my 15 month old ) the boys are in their rooms gaming and hubby's gone to bed after working this morning. It's dull and chilly here so I've got Covent Garden chicken soup which is just the best for chilly days and fresh tiger bread followed by some naughty treats to munch on whilst watching Ant and Dec. So a pretty nice Saturday. Enjoy your take away xx

3. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, this is the first weekend in a month that I have had any energy due to a long lasting cold so colouring book is back on the shelf ( but I did spend all last night trying out my new pencils), and walking gear on with cameras and a tripod early doors this morning.

Chai tea treat on return and then some gardening whilst the sun was still out. DH has designed a collapsable wall that we can use this summer for a water wall or ribbon weaving or an outdoor writing area (cosy catalogue ideas - the new 2015 one is online!) so we were trying to decide where it will live as it has planting troughs attached for weights before he actually makes it. My garden has to look like a grown up garden instantly in my mind, so that when our retired friends pop round mid week in the summer for an early evening chat and beverage I am not sitting in a playground. So every area has a dual purpose - outdoor discovery/ grown up looks nice or edible.
    I have started making some new curtains this afternoon, but my mind isn't totally focussed and I made a couple of mistakes so gave up and wrote a long round up of my week for oldest son's email, over a mint tea.
    Now the coal fire is on and I am listening to the free U2 album that we have finally managed to get from DH ipad onto our music system and DH moaning about this week's football results, Stoke ( he and youngest son are supporters) and Aston Villa both lost ! ( oldest son supports).
    Friends for supper tonight, I have known the male friend for 40 years - we met at Uni and we both have March birthdays so a belated birthday meal for us cooked by both partners. My DH also has known him for that time - but we were best friends at Uni as we were both on same course, so I get the advantage of he was my friend first!
    Tomorrow....no decision yet!! That is the advantage of having grown up children!

5. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We went shopping today in the sunshine it was lovely! Everything seems so much easier when the weather is nice

7. Likes FloraDora, FussyElmo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is it the evening already? !
    Dd had dancing this morning and we've just got home from her swimming gala! Ds is in a play at local theatre and dh is watching tonight.
    Tomorrow it's band and church and then dd and I are going to see ds's play!

9. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a great day being tattooed ;-) long awaited additions to my arm, it's a work in progress so back again next week for some more, can't wait .. It's rather addictive . Makes me wonder how many of you out there have ink?

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Rugby Rugby Rugby is what I've been doing today, housework tomorrow x
    Cath

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *daisychain* View Post
    I have had a great day being tattooed ;-) long awaited additions to my arm, it's a work in progress so back again next week for some more, can't wait .. It's rather addictive . Makes me wonder how many of you out there have ink?
    No tattoos here sometimes I feel like the odd one out 😊 but then again my body is mapped with moles. Most people I know have them and whilst I find some beautiful pieces of art others appear trashy. My stepdaughter has her own name tattooed at the base of her back ?!?! Very odd x

Post Thanks / Like

Zumba this am my current addiction! Then took youngest dd to her match , eldest to a sleepover and shipped middle dd out to another match with a friend. Dh has been taking down the wooden fencing around the dogs area and constructing me the most gorgeous chicken area, so I painted it blue to match my chicken coop. Lucky ex batts! Will be glad to have them not pooping on my decking! Tomorrow church then we have new green metal fencing delivered for the dog run, and dh is gonna pull some bushes to make a veg patch so will be like a whole new garden tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes and rugby how could I forget! Woo hoo go Ireland ! (I was born In uk to English parents but lived here in Dublin since age 4, dh is Irish so I am up for either side winning!)

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cathtee View Post
    Rugby Rugby Rugby is what I've been doing today, housework tomorrow x
    It was a good game just not the result we needed.

Not sure what Im going to watch on the weekends now the world cup is so far away
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Floradora - hope you had a nice meal.
    Loocyloo - enjoy your ds's play.
    Mrsb79 - hope the soup was nice. I have never watch Ant and Decs Saturday Takeaway.
    Sarah - did you buy anything nice?
    Smurfette - you had a happy house with the rugby scores then.
    Daisychain - are you going to show us a photo of the tattoo. I don't have them not really for me but Im fickle and would need to be able to change them every so often. So not a good idea for me

Well its now Sunday looks like its going to be a pleasant day again. I have woke up with the idea to rearrange the dining room (though its not used as a dining room, computer/play/general dumping room). Debatable Im fitting in a trip to ikea 2 football matches today one for ds and dh. Will watch ds - dh is on his own Not sure if dh will appreciate me waking him up to move the furniture and I cant move it quietly enough on my own. Mmmmmmmmmm

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we have just got back from a weekend in Cheltenham. We are considering moving there as we can't afford a decent house in London and I'm sick of living in a flat - love the flat but hate having people below me banging on the ceiling. Neither of us have ever been to Cheltenham before. I like it, but did I love it enough to move my life there and take DD out of a school that she is settled in? I'm not sure. Hubby loved it. The move is dominated by catchment areas and of course the houses near the schools we like (on paper only at this point) are obviously not as good value for money as the ones further out. Anyone know anything about Cheltenham?

DD was moaning a lot on the way home and then fell asleep, both of which are unlike her. Got home and took her temperature. She has a slight fever and is shivering. Groan. She has her school play on Tuesday evening and has done so well learning all her words. Fingers crossed she is better by then! x

18. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Well we have just got back from a weekend in Cheltenham. We are considering moving there as we can't afford a decent house in London and I'm sick of living in a flat - love the flat but hate having people below me banging on the ceiling. Neither of us have ever been to Cheltenham before. I like it, but did I love it enough to move my life there and take DD out of a school that she is settled in? I'm not sure. Hubby loved it. The move is dominated by catchment areas and of course the houses near the schools we like (on paper only at this point) are obviously not as good value for money as the ones further out. Anyone know anything about Cheltenham?

DD was moaning a lot on the way home and then fell asleep, both of which are unlike her. Got home and took her temperature. She has a slight fever and is shivering. Groan. She has her school play on Tuesday evening and has done so well learning all her words. Fingers crossed she is better by then! x
    ooo, hope your dd is better soon.

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about Cheltenham. My friend lives near Stroud and says Cheltenham is nice!

20. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Please show us your new tattoo when it's completed and healed - I understand where you are coming from on it being addictive, I have so far resisted getting a 2nd one, but remembering coming out of the shop after the first one thinking "What's next". I only have a small butterfly on my ankle so far but have been thinking about a larger "Tree of life" sort of design but not sure where to have it - trouble is with having on back of shoulder or lower back is that only other people can see them. Thinking maybe on hip but still not decided, before I had my butterfly on my ankle I ended up buying stick on tattoos from Claires accessories and trying out in different places!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss another weekend? I was busy doing my coursework for my "Supporting children and young people with speech, language and communication" course, couldn't get my head round what was required for one of the tasks and wasted an hour trying to work it out, then had to catch up with my on-line journals (normally up to date but got behind due to coursework and a meeting in the week), husband has been decorating hall, landing & stairs - still at prep stage of filling and sanding and didn't shut any doors while using electric sander - spend most of Sunday dusting!

Did manage to go out for a meal with old school friends and their partners to celebrate one friend's 50th birthday on Saturday, and managed to go swimming, for a long walk with dogs and then to zumba yesterday too - tired today though.

23. Likes FloraDora, Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Tattoos ;

image-3421905332.jpg

image-3345971027.jpg

As requested :-) eventually I will have a full sleeve !!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Did I miss another weekend? I was busy doing my coursework for my "Supporting children and young people with speech, language and communication" course, couldn't get my head round what was required for one of the tasks and wasted an hour trying to work it out, then had to catch up with my on-line journals (normally up to date but got behind due to coursework and a meeting in the week), husband has been decorating hall, landing & stairs - still at prep stage of filling and sanding and didn't shut any doors while using electric sander - spend most of Sunday dusting!

Did manage to go out for a meal with old school friends and their partners to celebrate one friend's 50th birthday on Saturday, and managed to go swimming, for a long walk with dogs and then to zumba yesterday too - tired today though.
    Ha! I went to a Childminding Conference all day Sat run by our LA one of the few things we still get free! It was all on the above and was a brilliant day.

26. Likes Maza, hectors house liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I decided to return to Education show with DH on Sunday ( went Thursday). Only for him to see the community playthings and another couple of outdoor stands - with a small compact we snapped some potential ideas! He became really interested in solar powered construction kits and you could see he felt they would add to our resources until I pointed out that even the most high achieving 4 year old might struggle, but we could take on some 11 year old after schoolers? Idea was quickly quashed!
    I was able to spend more time around the union stands as all the teachers were enjoying either Sunday at home or visiting actual ideas stands ( they were busy Thursday with NQT and students) and managed to get some prospective consultantcy work via networking, on behalf of the unions - so well worth a revisit.
    Got me thinking about the difference between teachers unions and the support TA' get from their huge public service one and Pacey. It would be interesting to explore teachers unions diversifying into supporting other staff in schools and educational childcare settings? It certainly would be good for support in times of change, especially since the news of Pacey.
    I am a lifetime member of NAHT who agreed that they could still advice me in matters of legal issues in my new business, so since I decided to insure with MM I did not join PACEY. They and the NASuWT and NUT are still actively keeping up with EY area , but on the school side....it wouldn't take much to extend.....
    Are there any other groups that work on behalf of childminders when you become a member? do they support you through disputes or keep you up to date and give you advice on how to adapt me government legislation?
    I must admit it was nice to be able to choose which Union to belong to, based on their philosophies and support, it seems a real shame that that isn't on offer to childminders.

28. Likes Maza liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Tattoos ;

image-3421905332.jpg

image-3345971027.jpg

As requested :-) eventually I will have a full sleeve !!
    Look's wonderful but painful - You're far braver than me!