Thread: ITS THE WEEKEND

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

So what did you buy then? x
    Ive got to think now lol. All things i need?

2 spare throws (for los sleep time) they all have they're own colour and there were 2 new colours lol.

A new pillow as my neck has been bad lately.

Spare boxes for my kallax/ expedit.

Bag ties

A new mat for inside my back door

Napkins for mil as she keeps depleting my stock.
    I think that was it? I was tempted to buy an arm chair as ive just sold a 3 seater sofa. I will see how it goes with the bean bag 1st though as its for my playroom.

Im lucky in that im not far away from ikea. Its about 5ish miles from here and in the town centre where I would go anyway.

2. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post

Unrealistic target there Shortstuff - who has ever spent £14 on a trip to Ikea???????(unless you live opposite and go lots)

Now that sounds like a plan......live opposite an Ikea ....in Sweden!

I am always envious of people who live in Coventry, not the best Ikea store but right in the shopping centre!
    Yeah i know it was unrealistic thats who oh and ds were going with a list lol. I couldn't resist going though.

Yeah this one is in Southampton. 3 floors of a maze n i love it lol.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Up and about today!

Only sinus pain lingering really so went for an early morning walk to clear my head and got lots of photos of a regular visitor to our lake - Hilary Heron. So the LO's will like that tomorrow- she used to come on our morning walk but we haven't seen her for a while- we wrote a story about her last summer hence her having a name.

Bought a Sunday paper though so have had an hour of news ingesting - I really need to get my head around the political parties policies and decide who to vote for!

I have decided to ' clean like someone is coming ' today.....but will start after another cup of coffee. I generally keep a clean and tidy house, but if I was deep cleaning my boys used to always ask " who's coming?!" Invariably someone was - which gave me the incentive to go the extra mile! I am going to the evening service tonight so I have a whole day...DH is making an outdoor coffee table and listening to Pink Floyd......I am currently listening to Elbow ( forgot I had the latest until I found it in the children's cd box.) ....just trying to think of suitable music to get the cleaning going....
    Any suggestions?

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Music suggestion - "Happy" by Pharrell Williams (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong!)

Oh, and arty tip FD - if you're doing any pencil work (thought you might be if you're using a blending stick), invest in a Putty Rubber. Daler does these. Keep it in the cardboard cover, with a bit poking out. You can mould the end to a point, meaning that you can 'erase' highlights into your work to complement your shading. The beauty of a putty rubber is that no bits come off, unlike it's rubber counterpart. If you're planning on keeping your work (pencil/charcoal/pastel/conte pencil etc.), you could also invest in some Fixative.

(We used to use hairspray - Elnett was good I seem to remember - but it turns yellow after a while, whereas the real fixative does not. Beware though, fixative stinks, so is best used in the open air.)

If you're using conte pencils (lovely and easier to use than pastels), then treat yourself to some Ingres paper (coloured paper with a texture). Great for portraits as you let the paper do the skin tone for you.

If there's a particular media you like to use, let me know, and I'll give you some tips on that if I can.

All the best,

L

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My children always ask who is coming too if I start cleaning but then again I am an untidy person by nature

Home from football we got rained on but the team won their 2 games so that's good.

Dds rock clombing has been cancelled so shes on her way home.

Will need to start some sort of tidying up seeing as I did nothing yesterday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    Music suggestion - "Happy" by Pharrell Williams (apologies if I've spelt his name wrong!)

Oh, and arty tip FD - if you're doing any pencil work (thought you might be if you're using a blending stick), invest in a Putty Rubber. Daler does these. Keep it in the cardboard cover, with a bit poking out. You can mould the end to a point, meaning that you can 'erase' highlights into your work to complement your shading. The beauty of a putty rubber is that no bits come off, unlike it's rubber counterpart. If you're planning on keeping your work (pencil/charcoal/pastel/conte pencil etc.), you could also invest in some Fixative.

(We used to use hairspray - Elnett was good I seem to remember - but it turns yellow after a while, whereas the real fixative does not. Beware though, fixative stinks, so is best used in the open air.)

If you're using conte pencils (lovely and easier to use than pastels), then treat yourself to some Ingres paper (coloured paper with a texture). Great for portraits as you let the paper do the skin tone for you.

If there's a particular media you like to use, let me know, and I'll give you some tips on that if I can.

All the best,

L
    Thankyou!!! I did see a you tube where the artist had a pen like erasure which I couldn't find on Amazon so I will look for the putty.
    I just colour, I don't draw - but I am already noticing how the pages of my Secret Garden book are flaking as I use my lovely blending pencil. My son's GF has suggested I photocopy picture onto quality paper but I need to check copyright for that. ( I am obsessive with copyright - books, cd's and dvds - never ever go there ! My boys get so irritated by it) . Good music suggestion - Radio 4 currently winning so will raid our cd rack now. Kitchen and bathrooms down - now for the sofa's......
    May well be asking you questions....this art is becoming a little addictive!

8. Likes lollipop kid liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finally finished decorating my living room :-) started yesterday morning stripping the walls and not long put the last piece of wallpaper up. Hubby is putting shelves in an alcove to create yet more much needed storage . I'm wondering how long it will be till I notice grubby handprints on it :-/
    Now to clean up :-(

10. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12