Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How often do you have a night out?

How often do you have a night out with or without your partner? My new years resolution is to get out more - with and without hubby. It's so hard when you don't have family close by to babysit but I have to get my life back. I'm bored.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know about a night out as such! ...
    I go to a dance class every week whilst dh is home with children.
    Every other week I sing with a choir ... either dh stays home or if he has band practice we get a babysitter for the couple of hours. ( either a paid babysitter or we have an honoury granny ( no family within 200 miles! )
    Once in a blue moon I have an evening out with friends. Probably every couple of months ( if we're lucky! ) dh and I go out together ... Maybe if my mum is staying or honoury granny/paid sitter sits or sometimes the children stay over at friends (their children also stay over with us sometimes they have no family locally either!)

As our children get older we seem to go out as a family more, as generally we go to see live music/theatre etc and know the children would enjoy it too!

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to go out every week now I try not to go out... love a night in with the bf and a dvd.
    Tess1981

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I need a hobby like you loocyloo. What type of dancing do you do? I did tap dancing for a while years ago and then about 7 years ago I did a short course in Ballroom and Latin. It is really nice having something to do - especially if I keeps you fit at the same time! I have thought about book club as there are a few near us but I don't think I would keep up as I'm a bit lazy if it's just an average book - it has to be amazing for me to finish it!

Post Thanks / Like

I escape to my allotment with a friend. Have a good chat and exercise at same time and reap a good harvest. We set a time each week for about 2/3 hours.

8. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I think I need a hobby like you loocyloo. What type of dancing do you do? I did tap dancing for a while years ago and then about 7 years ago I did a short course in Ballroom and Latin. It is really nice having something to do - especially if I keeps you fit at the same time! I have thought about book club as there are a few near us but I don't think I would keep up as I'm a bit lazy if it's just an average book - it has to be amazing for me to finish it!
    I tap dance .. it's great fun, really noisy and i can't think about work whilst I'm doing it! I have to travel about 25 mins to get to my hours class, but I'm rural and this is the closest class (and happens to be very good 😊 )
    I used to be in a book group before i moved and it was fun ... but we spent very little time discussing the book and more time chatting! I tried one when i moved and it was very serious and just too much like hard work!
    The other thing i do is i am on the school pta comittee which gets me out and about and keeps me busy! I've ended up as vice chair! But i do enjoy it!

10. Likes Maza, FloraDora liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A night out?? Ha, what's that then lol. My nights out involve sitting poolside at various evenings in a week whilst my son does his swimming training. By the time I get back home and grab something to eat I'm ready for my bed.

xxx

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How often do you have a night out with or without your partner? My new years resolution is to get out more - with and without hubby. It's so hard when you don't have family close by to babysit but I have to get my life back. I'm bored.
    In about 5 minutes. Every Sunday night is quiz might with the girls x
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    In about 5 minutes. Every Sunday night is quiz might with the girls x
    Ooooh, quiz night sounds fabulous! Enjoy. x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooooh, quiz night sounds fabulous! Enjoy. x
    Shame you weren't closer you could have joined us.

It was a chance happening finding the quiz night. I also do the PTFA like loocyloo so that gets me out too.

Your friends may be feeling the same why not try and organise something
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Maza, I have the exact same new year's resolution. I need to get out more, I need a hobby, I used to go line dancing before I had the kids but it's not very popular these days. My social circle seems to have shrunk since I became self employed. I have made the effort to make friends with some other childminders locally and we went out for a "Works Christmas Dinner" in December. It was nice and I realised I hadn't been for a girlie night out in a couple of years. How sad! will definitely make the effort this year. I always feel a bit jealous looking at people's night out photos on facebook and think I'm such a stop in. Me and dh always go out separately as we have nobody to babysit.

19. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I get out quite a lot tbh, I go to the football most weekends, I meet up with my best friend at least once a month and often out with family members etc.

I'm really lucky in that I have my mum, my grandparents, aunties & cousins that will babysit for me.

21. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am out quite a lot too.. Dying to get out of the house by time hubby comes home and luckily he is dying to be at home lol!

I go to the gym or swimming about three times a week .. It's a small gym so nearly always someone to chat too and I love the adult conversation

Most weeks I also meet a friend either for a walk or a drink / bite to eat / cinema usually Wednesday night

Weekends though we usually sit in.. We do have family nearby and a babysitter but never seem to have a spare few quid to go out together .. Seems way easier for each of us to find a bit to go seperately! This however is my New Years resolution to get out with dh more!

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I actually love nights in more than nights out, both on my own and with DH.
    I have hobbies though that take me out: a photography group that I go to for a regular fix of insecurity as I am easily the least talented photographer there! I love to listen and watch others though to improve my skills and knowledge so I brace myself and set forth once a fortnight and avoid submitting my photos for discussion.

I have a weekly piano lesson, it seems to be taking me an age to learn and I want to be able to play something really well to my oldest son when he returns from SA in the summer - he is the pianist and suggested I learn to play last time I discussed him moving the piano to his home - so it will surprise him I hope.

I'm afraid I love really good discussions about books and do meet with others who actually talk about books - I love it and don't want to digress - Not everyone's cup of tea I know - I am a bit intense.

I do some volunteer work and have just been approached to be a governor at a school ....not sure about that yet.

Together DH and I enjoy music concerts both rock and classical, we used to go to three a year but the tickets are getting really expensive.
    We were given Birmingham Rep membership as a gift last year so enjoy the odd play. We both love Birmingham City centre, Brindly place, the Mailbox area now and once a term we meet up with old friends at the champagne bar for half price champagne and a meal. Lovely. ( train home!)
    I would rather entertain at home than go out for meals regularly so we often do this on a Friday night with friends ( DH cooks!)
    When our children were growing up and we were working we wouldn't dream of going out on a school night, now it's a guilty pleasure - old habits die hard.

25. Likes Maza liked this post