And another thing........................ (let me tell you............ )

Having just had a run-in with the TV Licencing people, why do we have to suffer cr4p TV on the one weekday night of the year when we:-
  • a. Don't have to get up the next morning, and...
  • b. Wouldn't dare go out either, so there's nothing to do but see what's on telly.

?

The Radio Times offers a string of bekilted faux Scots (unfortunately lacking subtitles) at the end of a year in which the entire output of the BBC newsroom has had me struggling to translate an alternating sequence of Scots politicians (each desperate to sound more Scottish than the next) interspersed with Northern Irish news presenters whose accents are gradually taking on a strange Mancunian-English twist, having been forced to reside in the new Salford offices. I'm not prejudiced, but just wish they'd speak more slowly, as I'm just not capable of listening that quickly.

To cap it all, the 'highlight' appears to be the ubiquitous Jools Holland. A man who always illicits the thought "isn't he dead yet?" I mean what can you think of a man incable of spelling his own first name correctly, and whose second name somes up his musical style: rather flat and boring. The guy's irritating voice is so nasal that, if you look closely, you notice that his lips don't move whilst speaking - but his nostrils open and close in time with the words.