Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Remember remember the 5th of November

So what are your plans.

Are you going to a display, having fireworks at home.

Dh is at work tonight so I have just brought mine sparklers and hoping all the neighbours provide the fireworks

Stay safe everyone xx
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think we're going to a local display this evening.
    Lots of the villages around our way used to have village firework parties, but the local council have been stopping them all. :-(
    I much prefer a little firework display than a huge organised one and the ones to music are clever but I like to hear the fireworks!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dog who shakes like a leaf when she hears any fireworks so I'll be sitting with her while hubby takes the kids out to a local display. Actually, I think I've got the best deal as its cold out there

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes staying in tonight as well,we have a dog who is frightened. Last night neighbours had a very big and very loud fireworks party. Poor dog was terrified. Front drive and garden covered in cardboard,sticks and other muck this morning had to sweep before children came, not using back garden today because of all the firework debris. Not happy today seem to get everyone's mess blowing onto my drive and garden.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We used to have great firework parties and like others, now our dog reacts badly to the fireworks...he's not frightened, well he is but doesn't hide or shake he just barks and barks, whether he is outside or in. He rarely barks but for 2 weeks in Autumn when the firework parties span. So goodbye exciting cold bonfire night ...hello miserable owners who hate everyone in a 10 mile radius who lets off a firework - and I hate myself for it!
    He is 13 now - prefers to sleep than chase a ball - but hear a firework and he is a sprightly 2 year old again, leaping around my living room, problem now is that , like all old men he needs to wee a lot so we can't just keep him in. He has just performed a merry leaping dance in the middle of the lawn, barking and barking to the air.

But I enjoyed the display over the houses behind mine.

If you love fireworks and all the great social atmosphere around it ....don't have a dog, you can never tell if they love or hate fireworks.
    Hope lots of you are enjoying bonfire night, it can be such a magical time.