Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's cheered me up especially Bunyip as usual...

We don't really do anything at Easter really other than enjoy the Good Friday off work. We're not religious so Easter isn't something that we really celebrate.

I'm really looking forward to not running around this Xmas and I do have 2 weeks off work so I cant grumble too much
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids are 8 and 12, my youngest still believes but I know to make the most of that as won't last long!

Last year was the first year we put our foot down and suited ourself and stayed at home, my hubby and eldest were keen to chill and home and the wee one and I were happy to go along with this. We normally go to my mum and dad's every year and so told them we would see them in the morning and then doing our own thing. Well my dad refused to come to mine in the morning (so used to us always going there) so didn't see the girls and then didn't speak to me till may!!! It was an awful time for me and I was very upset. My mum spoke to me but was always saying how much trouble I had caused etc! My brother and sister who only occasionally see them got no grief at all! Have already told them we are spending it at ours again this year and they are all going to my sisters this year so will see what grief we get nearer the time. I love Xmas with my kids but hate being made to feel bad for wanting to chill with them xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I think thats where a lot of people go wrong. My children are adults now and do their own thing. As children we didn't go any where Christmas day, it was waking to find their stockings, patiently waiting for the dog to be walked, opening presents having the "special lunch" playing with new toys/presents and doing their own thing.Went to grandparents boxing day.This made things more relaxed and special for them.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with the 'HATERS' too!

But we always go to the panto on Boxing Day which I do enjoy.

6. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate that we have to travel to stay with family for Christmas, i would much rather have a quiet relaxing day just the three of us. I do love the run up to the day itself though :-)

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Just been sorting out what presents I have already bought the mindees and wrapped 4 so far.. now I won't be double buying like I did last year although I manged to use some of them presents this year. Got some class in the night Garden books last year for 50p in pound stretcher last year and using them for a wee girl this year
    Tess1981

9. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

love christmas, love christmas, love christmas did you get that

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    love christmas, love christmas, love christmas did you get that
    Not sure the signal strength very weak here could you repeat yourself lol
    Tess1981

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE CHRISTMAS

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I LOVE CHRISTMAS
    Yep got that loud and clear lol
    Tess1981

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

CHRISTMAS HATERS GONE QUIET HAVENT THEY?

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Christmas. I go with the flow. This year I will be cooking dinner for 8 as all the family are coming. It will be extra lovely as my first grandchild is due 9 december and should be here by xmas so he will be here too. I don't have set plans for xmas. My mum used to insist that we had xmas dinner at home all the time we lived at home. It caused a few problems when I was invited to my boyfriends house a couple of times. So I have never done this to my girls. I just do xmas as I want and see what happens.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my day off tomorrow so I'm doing a little more Christmas shopping. I suppose . I always do it little and often so I don't have to rush out 2 weeks before Christmas and spend a fortune all in one go... plus I hate last minute shopping always panic buy.. would rather put thought into it
    Tess1981

17. Likes Dragonfly, daveozoalor liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I do so to spread out the cost and not get stressed out about not having my gifts of choice.Putting thought into a gift is so nice rather than 'oh I'll just give them that".
    Have a lovely day off and enjoy the shopping, won't be busy which is a bonus.You can also look smug when two weeks before xmas people are stressed

19. Likes daveozoalor liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

For two years ow we have had a jokey Christmas. Children are all older now so no little ones.

Son is a chef and works Christmas dayso we have Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and buy each other joke presents with the prize for the funniest. Budget last year was £3.00 if people buy serious presents it's up to them.
    Then we go as a family in the sales and bash the credit card.

So much less stress, no disappointment, no returning ill fitting presents, no buying just because it's expected, lots of laughter and very relaxed.

We have never done the relatives at Christmas basically as mil doesn't like children so we were never invited!

21. Likes funemnx, Dragonfly, daveozoalor liked this post
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love Christmas when I was a kids - it meant a holiday, lots of presents and lots of good food.
    But then as I got older, I somehow started not enjoying it as much; it was like all our relatives far and near would descend on our place to celebrate and it was too much of work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12