Best reading books
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best reading books

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some early reading books for my daughter and wondering what everyone's opinions are on the best ones to get? And also whether anyone knows of any good learning software for pcs around? She has been using the reading eggs online program but our trial expired so wanting to hunt around before we decide whether to buy reading eggs subscription or not

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jackie,

I started my daughter on the Biff, Chip and Kipper books when she was 3. She picked it up really well and really enjoyed them.

She's now in Reception and her School also uses these reading books which is great because she already knew all the characters xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use this site for my youngest. School use the same books and reading colours so it really helps.

Reading Chest

xxxx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my daughter the first set of Jelly and Bean stories. They are really good for teaching segmenting and blending. I used to use them in school with my reception class too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will check them out. I've seen the biff and chip books online for £14 (I think) for bout 52!! Which is really good

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest finding out what the schools uses that you hope your daughter will attend, and also what programme they use to teach the children to read as i find it best that children are not confused by home using one system and school another. My daughters school uses oxford reading tree books Biff, Chip and Kipper range and follows Letters and Sounds system for teaching the children to read